Found Deceased NY - Trevyan Rowe, 14, autistic, Rochester, 8 March 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
It is snowing here this morning. I hope this young man is found soon and safe!

http://13wham.com/news/local/police-searching-for-missing-12-year-old-boy
According to Treyvan Rowe's cousin, DeToya McCoy, Treyvan does not know the area well and has never walked away from school in the past.
She believes he got on the bus and lost his phone Thursday morning, which upset him.
McCoy says instead of going into the school, he left. She says surveillance video shows him leaving the area after getting off the bus.

The family and numerous volunteers are searching wooded areas near School 12 on Friday morning as police search in nearby Mt. Hope Cemetery.

Police informed the family that around 5:15 p.m., they received a 911 call from a child saying he was lost in the cemetery. The identity of the child was not confirmed. Rochester police on Thursday evening searched nearby Mt. Hope Cemetery.

Officers on Friday morning returned to search in the 196-acre cemetery at Mount Hope and Elmwood avenues in Rochester. The family is searching for Treyvan in nearby Highland Park.

Volunteers, including numerous parents, gathered at Highland Park Friday to help with the search.

https://www.democratandchronicle.co...ng-teen-police-search-treyvan-rowe/409944002/

I'm definitely not an authority on autism, but is it a good idea for them to catch the bus alone?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a question, If his trigger for walking away was that he lost his cell phone, why do the police think the call that someone was lost in a cemetery was him? Did they find his phone? I'm a bit confused. Praying he is found safe.

Is there any bodies of water in the area he went missing from?

The seventh-grader is high-functioning autistic.

Treyvan lost his phone on the way to school and with it missing, became upset and did not follow his normal routine.

Treyvan traveled to school with his younger sister, who did not immediately notice her brother veer off course.

Updated information indicated that he was wearing a black Nautica coat with a fur collar, jeans and red sneakers. He weighs about 140 pounds and stands 5 feet, 6 inches tall.

636561986499922426-Capture-Trayvan-1.PNG
New surveillance photo released

https://www.democratandchronicle.co...ng-teen-police-search-treyvan-rowe/409944002/

Hi all...
I just got back from searching for Treyvon. My group searched a quadrant in Highland Park as well as a quadrant in the Mt. Hope Cemetery. Both locations are absolutely huge! I myself got very turned around in the cemetery! As did most of my group! But, on a positive note, there were a # of groups and searchers out there today!!

As far as his cell that went missing. I was told he also had another cell but he was upset that his cell was missing. I am not sure how accurate that is...I had also heard that his cell pinged in the cemetery yesterday but just read here (when I got home) that there was a 911 call from the cemetery.

As far as water...the cemetery is pretty much right on the Genesee River but there is a fence between the cemetery and the river. I could see the fence from a distance but did not go right up to the fence. There is also a small pond we went by with a snow fence around it...though the snow fence has seen better days. We looked in that general area as well. But of course, would not be able to see into the water.

There is fresh snow on the ground but there would have been older snow there yesterday so I would assume we still would have been able to see some sign of footprints in the snow if they were there.

As for the reservoir in Highland Park...there is virtually no way to get in there with their fence.

Hoping for some good news for this young man. If necessary I will try to help with the search again tomorrow or Sunday.

Let's hope he is found before then!

My question would be who does he know that is buried in the cemetery, was he going to visit someone, and was his phone actually lost? (how did he call 911?) f it wasn't lost, was it actually taken? If he was bullied at school, I can imagine why he would want to seek solace somewhere like the cemetery.

My question would be who does he know that is buried in the cemetery, was he going to visit someone, and was his phone actually lost? (how did he call 911?) f it wasn't lost, was it actually taken? If he was bullied at school, I can imagine why he would want to seek solace somewhere like the cemetery.

I wondered that too about the cemetery, if he had relatives there. I did not get an answer on that. His family was at headquarters and I did not approach them, but I feel like they would have mentioned or already looked if there was a specific spot. But even if there was a spot he was going, it's so twisty and turny in there one could easily get lost. It was tricky just to find the exit that we came in!

I have no idea why he didn't go into school yesterday or if anything happened on the bus or with the phone the agitated him.

Hi all...
I just got back from searching for Treyvon. My group searched a quadrant in Highland Park as well as a quadrant in the Mt. Hope Cemetery. Both locations are absolutely huge! I myself got very turned around in the cemetery! As did most of my group! But, on a positive note, there were a # of groups and searchers out there today!!

As far as his cell that went missing. I was told he also had another cell but he was upset that his cell was missing. I am not sure how accurate that is...I had also heard that his cell pinged in the cemetery yesterday but just read here (when I got home) that there was a 911 call from the cemetery.

As far as water...the cemetery is pretty much right on the Genesee River but there is a fence between the cemetery and the river. I could see the fence from a distance but did not go right up to the fence. There is also a small pond we went by with a snow fence around it...though the snow fence has seen better days. We looked in that general area as well. But of course, would not be able to see into the water.

There is fresh snow on the ground but there would have been older snow there yesterday so I would assume we still would have been able to see some sign of footprints in the snow if they were there.

As for the reservoir in Highland Park...there is virtually no way to get in there with their fence.

Hoping for some good news for this young man. If necessary I will try to help with the search again tomorrow or Sunday.

Let's hope he is found before then!

Thank you for searching for him! It always warms my heart to read about wonderful and caring folks like you here on WS going out and helping families find their missing loved ones. You rock!

I hope this young man is found safe and sound soon. Poor kid, any break in their routine can take days to get them back on track with some. That phone was obviously sentimental to him, as honestly, most autistic children don't really value things in terms of monetary value, it's more of an attachment issue with them. Maybe there were pictures on his phone that he loved or certain games he like to play on it.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family as well.

The identity of the child that said they were calling and lost in a cemetery was not confirmed to be Treyvan Rowe. If he didn't have his phone it could have been some pranksters. Unfortunately there is no shortage of them out there, especially when there are tragic news stories out there.

As jersey Girl stated:
Police informed the family that around 5:15 p.m., they received a 911 call from a child saying he was lost in the cemetery. The identity of the child was not confirmed. Rochester police on Thursday evening searched nearby Mt. Hope Cemetery.

The call from the cemetery is curious. It would seem like they should be able to tell from the # that called whether it was Trayvon. Or let the family listen to the voice and see if they think it is him.

What I haven't heard about is...did the school not notify the family that Trayvon did not make it into school that day? It's my understanding they didn't know he was missing until he didn't get off the bus. That is concerning. Trayvon had a huge head start before anyone was looking.

Also regarding his school, it is literally right across the street from Highland Hospital. With school cameras and the hospital cameras, it would seem they would have a good idea of which way he went. I believe that and the phone call would be the reason for why we searched where we did today.

Aren’t lakes and rivers/streams frozen over?

Aren’t lakes and rivers/streams frozen over?

Actually, no. They should be frozen right now but we had a big warm up recently and mostly all the water in the area thawed. Some is starting to refreeze but I would not want to see anyone attempting to walk on any ice in the area!

Below is the most recent FB live presser with the PD, he does mention the Scuba team was out but it was negative. Doesn't specify where. Also he said cell phone ping was negative. I am starting to wonder if the call from the cemetery is just rumor. He did say that the family called 911 at 5:15 yesterday to report him missing...which is supposedly the time the call came from the cemetery.

https://www.facebook.com/13WHAM/vid...e8r-61C50DstN1iN0jEE5H7qvvqYQ7bR__SFQETMxSqb4

http://www.whec.com/news/missing-rochester-teen-autism/4820131/?cat=565
The Rochester Police Department is saying evidence gathered throughout this investigation suggests they look for the 14-year-old in wooded areas, including highland park and Mt. Hope Cemetery.

The family asks if you see Treyvon to not ask if hes in trouble or needs help, but to say his mom is looking for him and you can bring him to her then call 911.

Thank you "andalso" for what you have done, and for the eye view so to speak of that area. It brings me comfort knowing that people who may be local to something like this and willing to stop and go search. HUGS!

I hope they are regrouping where to search for him now that the ping was negative. He could have gone anywhere at this point. I read his aunt said he loves video games, is there any place he loved to go to play? Pizza shop/arcade etc. Who's phone does he have? Can they ping that one? Praying for a "found safe" post.

Thank you...this is the first search I have been on. It was local and I wasn't working and they reached out for the publics help. Never has that combination of things presented itself to me before. So I got up, put on my boots, coat, hat, gloves and grabbed my snow pants and out the door I went. I was nervous. And I get there and meet the most amazing helpers and... we tried!!!! I let the young girl with the ripped jeans and wet sneakers borrow my snow pants. Bless her heart, she had been searching for a while and was so cold and yet she carried on!

Though the park and cemetery are vast (and the snow seems to make it more so) they are both right in the middle of pretty busy areas...with a number of residences and businesses. The University of Rochester is right across the river. Fortunately, there is a large community awareness and volunteers and a lot of eyes out there looking for Trayvon!

I hope they are regrouping where to search for him now that the ping was negative. He could have gone anywhere at this point. I read his aunt said he loves video games, is there any place he loved to go to play? Pizza shop/arcade etc. Who's phone does he have? Can they ping that one? Praying for a "found safe" post.

I so hope for found safe...but I am rightly concerned at this point. I am 20 minutes outside of the city and not originally from here...so really not sure of local hangouts in that area for games etc.. We do have The National Museum of Play in Rochester (which is awesome btw) and there are tons of video games there. However, it would be a 45 minute walk there. Interesting thought though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back