CA CA - Tiffany Felky Doyle, 26, Santa Cruz, 8 Nov 1974

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Tiffany Doyle[/h]
  • tiffany_doyle_1.jpg
Doyle, circa 1974

• Missing Since 11/08/1974
  • Missing From Santa Cruz, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 12/29/1947 (70)
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown nylon jacket and a multicolored stocking cap. She was carrying a green day pack.
  • Medical Conditions Doyle needs medicine which she doesn't have with her.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair. Doyle may use the last name Felkey.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Doyle was last seen in Santa Cruz, California on November 8, 1974. She may have gone hitchhiking on the day of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/tiffany-doyle

NAMUS lists her under the name Tiffany Felky (no mention of the name Doyle).

NAMUS Circusmtances: MP has a non-life threatening disease and chooses to leave friends and family.

Transportation Methods-- Bus: possibly or hitch hiking.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26191/

Something about Tiffany reminds me so much of Mecklenburg County Jane Doe. I wish there were information out there about Tiffany’s disappearance... sad to think she could be just about anywhere. :(

Tiffany Felky
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (RS&BBM)
MP has a non-life threatening disease and chooses to leave friends and family.
Originally reported to another local agency in 1974 by her sister. Records were purged so sister reports to our agency in 2014.
I found the wording of this interesting. I don’t often see “...chooses to leave friends and family.” I guess you could say it’s synonymous with “left on his/her own accord” but it’s usually prefaced with “the family believes he/she may have”. This, to me, reads more like they know she chose to leave. IMO. It just stood out to me.

Even the last sentence seemed...different. Her sister reported Tiffany missing to one agency in 1974, the records were “purged” (not at all uncommon), and then her sister reported her again to a different agency in 2014. I find little to nothing in terms of articles or sites in which anyone has been actively searching for Tiffany. So I’m curious what made her sister decide to file another report 40 years later? Was the agency who took the ‘74 report no longer open, or why go to a different agency?

I decided to do a public search and see if I could find out if Felkey or Doyle was her maiden name or why NamUs only had her listed as Felkey. She was Tiffany Doyle before marrying James Felkey on August 23, 1967 in Marin, California. They were divorced on September 18, 1975 in Garfield, Colorado. (After her disappearance and out of state - though I’m certain it’s her.) However, I found an archived article that showed the same man married a Pamela S Doyle on November 7, 1975 in Santa Cruz, California!

It’s definitely the same James Felkey that married both women... It could be a coincidence but it’s a pretty bizarre coincidence. IMOO.

E899D947-32D4-4100-A273-7B0D1E984E49.jpeg Santa Cruz Sentinel 10/28/75
I found all of this information on www.newspapers.com and www.ancestry.com , but it can be found on just about any publicity available people search engine.

Tiffany Doyle
  • tiffany_doyle_1.jpg
Doyle, circa 1974
  • Missing Since 11/08/1974
  • Missing From Santa Cruz, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/29/1947 (71)
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown nylon jacket and a multicolored stocking cap. She was carrying a green day pack.
  • Medical Conditions Doyle has an unspecified medical condition. It is not life-threatening, but she needs medicine which she doesn't have with her.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair. Doyle may use the last name Felkey, and some agencies refer to her as Tiffany Felkey.
Details of Disappearance
Doyle was last seen in Santa Cruz, California on November 8, 1974. She may have gone hitchhiking on the day of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again and may have left of her own accord. Few details are available in her case.

Doyle was originally reported missing by her sister, but the original missing persons report was purged. She was reported missing again in 2014, nearly forty years after she was last seen.

Investigating Agency
  • Santa Cruz Sheriff's Department 831-454-2242
Source Information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member