Do The Boulder Police/DA Have Undisclosed Evidence?

Leila

Reaction score
I'm a relative newcomer to the JonBenet case (not to Websleuths). I didn't follow the case closely when the murder happened, but knew the basics as reported by the media. With the announcement of the arrest of a suspect in Thailand, I've played catch-up, trying to learn all the various aspects of the case.

Last week, the Boulder District Attorneys office requested that the arrest warrant be sealed because it contained evidence that has not been previously released publicly. I was somewhat amazed by this announcement as it seemed as through every detail of the murder has been available for public consumption.

That arrest warrant is now available to the public - all 98 pages! I haven't read the entire warrant, but so far(about half-way through), there doesn't seem to be anything contained in the arrest warrant that hasn't been available to the public, other than some of details of the email correspondence between Michael Tracey and John Karr.

Do those who have followed the JonBenet murder case closely for the past ten years feel there's anything the police/district attorney have withheld from the public that would help solve the case if/when a serious suspect is found?

Mary Lacy gave the impression today that there is nothing that is not out there in the public. My guess is that this case will never be solved.

I sure hope the authorities have withheld something - something known only to the real killer.

My quandray with this case is the obvious botched investigation from the beginning. I think most competent investigators would withhold info that would eventually help identify the right suspect.

I also got the impression listening to her today that just about everything to do with the case has been exposed and there is nothing held back or secret.

MrsMush99 said:
You think she just said that? Man, I hope you are right Jeana.

I think that they do. Might not be much, but I think its something that no one else knows, even the family.

The Bolder DA's office led us to believe that JMK had information that hadn't been made public. I doubt he did. I would be surprised if there's info. that hasn't been leaked by the police, DA, investigators, journalist, and every jerk out there ready to make a buck or get notoriety in some respect. I think they thought they would be remiss not to investigate him, given they didn't do it back in 2001, when California had him charged with the child *advertiser censored*. Time to call in Mark Fermin and/or one of those psychic crime solvers - would do as well as the Bolder police. Perhaps Anderson Cooper is right - the crime will never be solved.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think that they do. Might not be much, but I think its something that no one else knows, even the family.

I think you are right. And that, plus the DNA not matching, was the one-two punch for Karr getting the boot. edited to add: I don't think I could add one more lame metaphor to this post!

Maybe it's the note that was left in the bears pouch that Pam was referring to the other day. No one knows what that note says right? Or what the practice RN said either.

Mary gave two supposedly unknown things today in her news conference, and then said she didn't know if they were really previously undisclosed. One was that there was mucus draining down from JB's nose that was underneath the tape. For the life of me I can't remember the other thing - guess it didn't register because it didn't sound important at all.

If anyone should know, you would think it would be her! But it was said somewhere that her investigators knew much more about the particulars of the case than did she.

Scandi

scandi said:
Mary gave two supposedly unknown things today in her news conference, and then said she didn't know if they were really previously undisclosed. One was that there was mucus draining down from JB's nose that was underneath the tape. For the life of me I can't remember the other thing - guess it didn't register because it didn't sound important at all.If anyone should know, you would think it would be her! But it was said somewhere that her investigators knew much more about the particulars of the case than did she.

Scandi

I heard her say that Jonbenet was strangled vertically, or that JMK said that. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

trixie said:
I heard her say that Jonbenet was strangled vertically, or that JMK said that. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Vertically, as in sitting upright?

He said he bound her wrists and feet and hung her by the wrists while he committed the crime. This was never theorized by anyone, was it? Wouldn't that be evident? (the arms were extended over the head in rigor mortis, but no one actually theorized she had been suspended, did they?).

Yes,there are two posters that I can think of that theorized JB was suspended. I think Aussiesheila mentioned it,and I believe BlueCrab at one time played with the theory that JB was "hogtied".

Aussiesheila,BlueCrab please correct me if I'm wrong.

aspidistra said:
He said he bound her wrists and feet and hung her by the wrists while he committed the crime. This was never theorized by anyone, was it? Wouldn't that be evident? (the arms were extended over the head in rigor mortis, but no one actually theorized she had been suspended, did they?).

Her wrists would have shown evidence of her being hung.

Jeana (DP) said:
I hope you are correct. It is what they seemed to be saying when they first apprehended JMK. Maybe Lacy is playing some kind of strategic game. If he is going to California to face charges there, perhaps the powers that be are assembling a skilled team of investigators to question him who will try to obtain information on the underworld of pedophiles in the process. I think maybe they hope this way they will obtain the vital piece of information they need to arrest the real pedophile murderer(s).

Maybe the psychological evaluation of JMK has revealed to them his love of being the centre of attention. He got the attention he craved when he confessed to JonBenet's murder, but then he clammed up, presumably under instruction by his lawyers. Maybe the strategy now is - tell him "OK, you're not in the spotlight now, this is just some little bit charge you are up on and you are a little nobody". Hope that the fancy lawyers will desert him, now that he is only on a 'two bit' charge. Set him up with some inexperienced young lawyer that they can push around a bit, take him to some dingy small town police department with a shortage of fancy hotels to put up out of town journalists. Let him languish there awhile, away from the glamour of the huge national press attention and hope the need to get people focussing attention on him again will kick in and he will start dropping more gems of information that he might be privy to.

"Mary gave two supposedly unknown things today in her news conference, and then said she didn't know if they were really previously undisclosed."
Besides the mucus, the other information in the e-mails, that Lacy thought only the killer would know, was a description of the bracelet that JB was wearing and how JB got the bracelet. Lacy said in the press conference that she had since learned that there was a description of it on the autopsy report and that the rest of the info could be found on the internet.

aspidistra said:
Hey, I theorized that and posted it on this forum months ago!! Maybe this is where he got his 'previously undisclosed' details from!!

capps said:
Yes,there are two posters that I can think of that theorized JB was suspended. I think Aussiesheila mentioned it,and I believe BlueCrab at one time played with the theory that JB was "hogtied".

Aussiesheila,BlueCrab please correct me if I'm wrong.
thanks for the acknowledgment capps

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back