Identified! CA - Mendocino Co, 2 WhtFem Teens, Jul'79 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

Wow! Two females. Changes a lot! I watched the BBC stories on this. I am curious, now that we know they are females, is it possible this was someone's preferred dumping ground for awhile? Two (maybe 3 with the tooth) bodies at different times. Or are we certain they were together?

Wow! Two females. Changes a lot! I watched the BBC stories on this. I am curious, now that we know they are females, is it possible this was someone's preferred dumping ground for awhile? Two (maybe 3 with the tooth) bodies at different times. Or are we certain they were together?

There were other female bodies found buried in the exact same manner as these two but in a neighboring county. So it looks like these two were not the only victims. They are certain that they were killed together hence the theory that they ran away together. I believe the 3rd tooth was not related to the case but possibly from an ancient Native American burial.

The good news is that LE has an idea who's behind but lack evidence.

There were other female bodies found buried in the exact same manner as these two but in a neighboring county. So it looks like these two were not the only victims. They are certain that they were killed together hence the theory that they ran away together. I believe the 3rd tooth was not related to the case but possibly from an ancient Native American burial.

The good news is that LE has an idea who's behind but lack evidence.

Thank you! Do we have information on the other two victims? Perhaps areas the victims frequented? Demographics, etc? I am cautious about assuming they ran away together. It is very possible they met up together on the road and started traveling together as well. Great work! IMOO.

I was*going through DoeNetwork when I came across this case.

I have a question regarding the DNA testing. It says in the summary that forensic testing on the DNA showed that the two kids weren't related. Now, years after that test was done, we find out that the kid originally thought to be a boy is actually a girl.

Why wasn't this found when the first DNA test (the one that showed they weren't related) was done? You'd think it would have been caught back then.

I was*going through DoeNetwork when I came across this case.

I have a question regarding the DNA testing. It says in the summary that forensic testing on the DNA showed that the two kids weren't related. Now, years after that test was done, we find out that the kid originally thought to be a boy is actually a girl.

Why wasn't this found when the first DNA test (the one that showed they weren't related) was done? You'd think it would have been caught back then.

The test that determined that they were not brother & sister (or sister-sister) was probably a mitochondrial DNA test.

Gender is ascertained via a nuclear DNA test.

Hi - have any of you seen documentation of the discovery that the child they considered to be male was actually female? I haven't seen any of the profiles updated or any new articles since one of the other members spoke to the case manager.

Neither DoeNetwork or NamUS have noted that these two were both female. They're still "Boy Doe" and "Girl Doe."

How could they have determined they were both female and nothing has been updated on those two sites?

I mean, isn't NamUS heavily used by the police? There's sections on there that cops can see that we can't.
I thought at least THEY would have updated since they seem to have more of an "official" connection to LE than Doe, which is more of a privately funded thing, to the best of my knowledge (but better than NamUS most of the time).

Dr. D - Are you still in contact with the case manager by chance? Just wondering if you could ask about profile updates. Thanks!

I passed on the info to Todd Matthews of NamUs; he is looking into it. Hopefully her profile will be updated soon.

I also gave him Kerry Graham as a potential match; explained her missing date to him too.

The mods confirmed that both victims are female.

I do not think Carl called to confirm; I believe he changed the title after your phone call; I had asked if he can change it. Hopefully Todd can get it changed fairly quick. My guess is NCMEC is holding everything up like they did for another case my friend & I work

Carl; can you update the very 1st post for anyone new clicking on it or for anyone following the post that may miss where DrDMike posted the info? I have it below as well as the links.

New NCMEC links. Not sure what they did but none of the previous URLs have been working on any case I follow
NCMEC Girl
NCMEC Boy

Girl NamUs UP #10447
"Boy" NamUs UP #10450

I passed on the info to Todd Matthews of NamUs; he is looking into it. Hopefully her profile will be updated soon

I hope so. Not that the public (ie someone who might know something) are that versed in Doe or NamUS, but WE know about these details from being on this message board.
I hope that someone somewhere views their profiles and knows something, not just "true crime buffs" like us on Websleuths. The right person may not even use the computer, so we can merely hope they somehow come across these two.

Still having my coffee; so happy to see Todd managed to get it changed! Glad to have a small hand in this too. Happy Thanksgiving!

NamUs Case # 10450 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url

The following fields have been changed:
Demographics : Sex changed from "Male" to "Female"

Not changed yet
NCMEC Boy

Attachments

• 11292014CarlMendocinoFemaleRecon.jpg
    11292014CarlMendocinoFemaleRecon.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 512
  • 11292014CarlMendocinoMaleRecon.jpg
    11292014CarlMendocinoMaleRecon.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 496
The former "boy" UP now has the first "female" ruleout listed, a female MP from Oregon.

We now have 2 updated recons! You will see the female with her 2 earrings, the now female that was male has no earrings! Thank you to Carl Koppelman for the new recons!

Mendocino County, California - 2 TEEN white females -July 8, 1979

Here they are combined into a flyer. I based their facial shapes on the NCMEC CT-Scan recons shown below.

3a7fee7e-99da-49df-96e2-085a7d24c337.jpg

Could one of them possibly be Robyn Ann Pettinato, missing from MT in 1975? Her CP page says her hair was shoulder-length at the time of her disappearance. Height is off but she would have grown in height since 1975. Her height is listed, in 1975, at 60 inches. I can see a facial resemblance , especially with the nose shape and defined cheekbones, between Robyn and "Earring Girl" JD. Robyn's link is here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pettinato_robyn.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back