IL IL - Helen Green, 12, Chicago, 1971

HELEN MARIE GREEN has a Charleyproject profile now.

I am very happy to see that Helen is now listed with Charley, but I do have to wonder why Hernando County is listed as the LE agency? She went missing from Chicago, but hey, I'll take what we can get.

To answer the question about how we know she was abused, all we can really say is that Roselvr and I spent several months gaining the trust of this family, and they gave us many details that we gave our word never to release. They did give us permission to say that Helen was a very abused child, but we can not give the details of that abuse.

So this was posted a bit more upthread but I took a look at it and I want to bring it back up to the surface.

The reconstruction almost looks spot on

5'4, skeletal remains, Helen is not on the rule-out list. Found in 1973.

If Helen's in CODIS then I'm guessing that it's a rule-out by default. But it still looks like something someone might want to look into.

So this was posted a bit more upthread but I took a look at it and I want to bring it back up to the surface.

The reconstruction almost looks spot on

5'4, skeletal remains, Helen is not on the rule-out list. Found in 1973.

If Helen's in CODIS then I'm guessing that it's a rule-out by default. But it still looks like something someone might want to look into.

There is no rule out by default. With the DNA hidden we don't know if the FL girl's DNA is in the same system as Helen's. I sent Michael Nance an email.

I could see it. She's slightly younger than the minimum age, though.

THis is the only link I could find about St. Parish JD
http://canyouidentifyme.org/StMartinParishLouisianaJaneDoeDecember1981

She had a blood alcohol content of .3 when she died. That's insane! I've heard of people dying from alcohol poisoning at .25

Am not familiar with the UP & am on my way out. Here is her NamUs info -
NamUs UP # 5819 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Georgia Nolan 1946 Kentucky
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

Helen has been added to Doe Net

3553DFIL - Helen Marie Green
Name: Helen Marie Green
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: January 01, 1971
Location Last Seen: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
Physical Description
Date of Birth: January 20, 1958
Race: White
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Helen is of Greek ancestry.
Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance
Helen Green was last seen in Southside Chicago in 1971. She ran away from home and was never seen again.
Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Chicago Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Mark Skweres
Agency Phone Number: 312-747-5789
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 24164
Information Source(s)
Namus
North American Missing Persons Network
Admin Notes
Added: 5/5/2016; Last Updated: 5/5/2016
Submit an update to this case file.
Questions or comments? Please contact appropriate member of the Area Team
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3553dfil.html

Hello, I was making a few posts about some matches I sent in recently and Helen was one of them.
I actually sent it in the day before roselvr just posted, only july 27. I hope we get some news soon, I was "working" on this case for a few days straight.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5703

attachment.php

If both the missing person and unidentified remains have DNA available in CODIS, they would be automatically compared, however, the missing person will not be put on the rule out list unless it's a manual comparison. I've confirmed this with a NamUs rep. This should save time in future searches. It's the second place I check now (after looking at the rule out list).

I'm thinking with the recent developments hinted at in this case that the DNA comparison is not with a current or known Jane Doe with a completed DNA profile in NamUs, but maybe someone more recent, or it falls along the lines of an Anita Drake scenario. Sending positive thoughts to Helen and her family. Thank you, Rose and SSA for keeping us up to date.

If both the missing person and unidentified remains have DNA available in CODIS, they would be automatically compared, however, the missing person will not be put on the rule out list unless it's a manual comparison. I've confirmed this with a NamUs rep. This should save time in future searches. It's the second place I check now (after looking at the rule out list).

I'm thinking with the recent developments hinted at in this case that the DNA comparison is not with a current or known Jane Doe with a completed DNA profile in NamUs, but maybe someone more recent, or it falls along the lines of an Anita Drake scenario. Sending positive thoughts to Helen and her family. Thank you, Rose and SSA for keeping us up to date.

Thanks for the reply, Im a little confused. So they (in this case helen) should have already been compared (since they are both in namus), but just not listed under the jane does exclusion list unless someone manually checks then against each other? Is that correct?
And what's the second place to look at besides the exclusion list?
I've been in namus constantly the past couple weeks, I don't want to miss anything on how to use it!
Thank you!

Thanks for the reply, Im a little confused. So they (in this case helen) should have already been compared (since they are both in namus), but just not listed under the jane does exclusion list unless someone manually checks then against each other? Is that correct?
And what's the second place to look at besides the exclusion list?
I've been in namus constantly the past couple weeks, I don't want to miss anything on how to use it!
Thank you!

Yes, that is correct. Since Helen has a completed DNA profile, she is/has been/will be automatically checked against any set of unidentified remains that also have a completed DNA profile, and will be compared to cases as they are added/updated with DNA. If you see that both have DNA profiles, then they have been compared (or will be if DNA for one or the other is pending). If they both have DNA profiles, they've most likely already been compared (and ruled out) even if the missing person does not appear on the rule out list. The NamUs rep said there are just to many auto rule outs to be able to list each and every single one, so they only post manually compared ones.

There are some exceptions, but they are rare. I recently sent in a possible match for a set of remains even though DNA was available for both, because the circumstances specifically stated that comparisons would only be made manually.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - the first place I look is at the rule out list for the UP, then I check to the DNA tab to see if there is a profile. If there is no DNA, I check for fingerprints and dental records. There's really no definitive way to use NamUs, I usually look at everything, but to save time and energy, I check the identifiers first, because if they have none, there's no way to make a comparison, unfortunately.

SSA and I believe Helen has been found, we are waiting on DNA confirmation. Out of respect for and at the request of family we can not release any details at this time.

Helen and her family are in our prayers

Thank you for this update. So hopeful that this child, Helen, can be returned to her family.

Hello, I was making a few posts about some matches I sent in recently and Helen was one of them.
I actually sent it in the day before roselvr just posted, only july 27. I hope we get some news soon, I was "working" on this case for a few days straight.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5703

View attachment 121255

IIRC a poster paired these two images, and compared these with images of "Lori Kennedy Ruff," deceased in Texas. That decedent is now identified as Kimberly (can't remember the surname, sorry!)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back