IL - Helen Green, 12, Chicago, 1971

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by apearn, Jan 31, 2014.

1. apearn

apearn New Member

I've never started a post before so hopefully I didn't goof anything. I found this girl looking for something else and I don't see her in Namus or DN - also I didn't see her here. She is interesting as a possible for another case so I wanted to post her here.

FYI - That email bounces back as undelivered.

http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg29.html

Helen Marie Green (DOB: 01/20/59) was last seen in Southside of Chicago, Illinois around 1971 or 1972. She ran away from home with her brother, they got separated at night, he was returned to a youth camp but she was never seen again. Foul play may be involved in her disappearance. If you have any information please contact: steelepenni@aim.com

<modsnip>

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. sidneyia

sidneyia New Member

Wow. She really does look like a good possibility for Cali Doe. Very similar nose and mouth, IMO.

4. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

<Mod Snip>

Hopefully he googles her name. If someone is up to it; consider making a gmail account for Helen to then make a FB profile for her. If anything someone may look on FB; we can then direct them here..

5. apearn

apearn New Member

I found three posts about her with two emails. One bounced back and the other has had no response so far. I'll give the last one a little more time. I wanted to get some more physical info on her.

6. apearn

apearn New Member

I also found a DOB of 01-20-58

7. Shamrocker99

Shamrocker99 New Member

these old cases are so sad--I hope she is out there somewhere and made a life for herself!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Still_Seek_Answers

Still_Seek_Answers Hope is our strength......love is our determinatio

I sent this girls info ( little as it is) to M. Burgess as a possible Cali match a few months ago. Given the small amount of info on her, it is impossible to know if she is a match or not. I too think she has a huge resemblance to little Cali, and given that there is almost nothing on her.....she could just be our girl.

I am trying to find phone numbers for her brothers so hopefully more information can be obtained, as well as a DNA sample obtained and a profile created. I also emailed her brother at both emails back in October, but both of the emails bounced back to me as undelivered. If I am able to reach any of her brothers I will try to obtain permission to create her a facebook page.

Almost nothing has been done on her case and I find that very sad. I will mention to them that she needs reported as missing and listed on NAMUS. Even if she is not little Cali, she is most likely a UP somewhere.

9. Still_Seek_Answers

10. Roselvr

11. Roselvr

Age progression

[​IMG]

Helen's jacket photo shopped out

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. carbuff

carbuff There but for the grace of God go I

She also looks quite a bit like Andrea Doe from 1990, but she would have been 32 by then and the top estimate for Andrea is upper 20's.

13. Roselvr

I don't think so

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Laughing

Laughing New Member

That age progress resembles Becky Sue Turner/Lori Kennedy Ruff!

Gonna post the link over there....

15. Still_Seek_Answers

Okay...but we know that Jane Doe can't be Becky Turner/Lori Ruff....because Lori's body was found in her car parked in her father in laws drive way. Personally, I do not see the resemblance, but not even questioning that.....just wonder how adding a deceased UP to Lori Ruffs already complicated story is linked......

16. mommylicious

mommylicious Member

I think Laughing means the age progression on Helen.

What a defiant, angry look that little girl has. So sad what they must have been going through.:(

17. sloane7777

sloane7777 Active Member

I think so too and I can see wanting to have surgery with the nose, and severe abuse fits with FLEK mental issues?

ROSE, can you get the brother to take a look at FLEK/LORI?

18. MysticJynx

MysticJynx Just Sayin'

19. Roselvr

20. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Active Member

As Helen's brother was found after the two of them had run away, what was the reason the Cook County authorities gave for not urging the parents to fill out a missing person's report on Helen? Were the authorities okay with just leaving her out there somewhere to fend for herself by not actively looking for her? A 13 year old is just a child. Cook County authorities need to be contacted again, IMO. Whomever was in authority then probably isn't now. They dropped the ball where this child is concerned.

I will never understand why there is not DNA on file for Helen because it can be compared to so many Jane Does. Whomever did the abusing is practically 30 years older now and may be dead or not looking for her. What is left of her family deserve to know what happened to her. If she is dead, she could be brought home to her family and given the dignity of a proper burial. If she is alive and located, then respect her wishes if she chooses not to either come back or re-join her family.

BTW, what type of Youth Camp did she and her brother run away from? TIA.

MOO

21. carbuff

carbuff There but for the grace of God go I

Because in the 1970's, police departments for the most part did not take missing persons reports on runaways. If they picked up a juvenile from somewhere else, they'd send them home (or at least tell them to go home) but they weren't in the business of tracking down kids or getting involved in what was at the time seen as family business. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, just the way it was.

Also, in the early 70's most people would not have considered a 13-year-old to be a child. ID was not needed often and people didn't ask as many questions. Especially if she was tall for her age, she could easily have lied about her age and gotten a job waiting tables, cleaning motel rooms, or working in a kitchen.