NM - West Mesa Murders (2003-05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Websleuthers,

Most of you probably saw the announcement from Tricia about the tv show Josh and I are working on. West Mesa is our last case in the series and we are excited to see that this case is having some life breathed into it! We are neck deep in the Long Island case right now as that's our first episode but we will be monitoring this thread.

Please keep going and we will check in soon. Also expect us to be reaching out to some of you individually as we will want to interview those who know the cases best.

Feel free to reach out to us via PM, would love to hear from you.

Best,
Rachel & Josh

Forgot to add some locals believe there is another burial site.

I would say highly likely, especially if the killer was not Montoya or Blea, but rather a sex/drug ring run by/supported by APD personnel and local drug runners.. Is it coincidence the killings "seemed" to have stopped after Montoya was killed..? But at the same time, the time frame of the last girl(s) taken in the cluster seem to coincide with the paving/developing of that area of Dennis Chavez(I think that is what it's called)...Whether it's a killer or killers, they must have known that area would be hot very soon and couldn't keep using it...There has to be another cluster, maybe 2

so we have : 1)Montoya, 2)Blea, and some local sex workers(including one of the prior victims) strongly believing 3)police officer(s) are involved,either with/without help from a local drug cartel--that sounds a lot like the Jennings 8 scenario where it seems likely a local drug/sex boss and his drug minions along with police(or at least their complicity) carried out some killings(and in Jennings the vics were all tied together, like here it seems there might be some ties)...Maybe the MONTOYA agenda(or now Blea) was pushed by the APD to take heat off the possibility of an APD connection

I would say highly likely, especially if the killer was not Montoya or Blea, but rather a sex/drug ring run by/supported by APD personnel and local drug runners.. Is it coincidence the killings "seemed" to have stopped after Montoya was killed..? But at the same time, the time frame of the last girl(s) taken in the cluster seem to coincide with the paving/developing of that area of Dennis Chavez(I think that is what it's called)...Whether it's a killer or killers, they must have known that area would be hot very soon and couldn't keep using it...There has to be another cluster, maybe 2

so we have : 1)Montoya, 2)Blea, and some local sex workers(including one of the prior victims) strongly believing 3)police officer(s) are involved,either with/without help from a local drug cartel--that sounds a lot like the Jennings 8 scenario where it seems likely a local drug/sex boss and his drug minions along with police(or at least their complicity) carried out some killings(and in Jennings the vics were all tied together, like here it seems there might be some ties)...Maybe the MONTOYA agenda(or now Blea) was pushed by the APD to take heat off the possibility of an APD connection

the plastic tag thing is hard to ignore pointing towards Blea, but to me, he seems to be a preferential offender, geared towards being a pedophile

What evidence -- either concrete or in theory -- is there of APD involvement, either directly or complicitly?

I mean, that's a heavy charge to be bandying about.

What evidence -- either concrete or in theory -- is there of APD involvement, either directly or complicitly?

...not a charge from me---it's been in articles that Cinnamon Elks told friends shortly before her August 2004 disappearance that “a dirty cop was chopping off the heads of prostitutes and burying them on the West Mesa,” according to Joline Gutierrez-Krueger of the Albuquerque Journal

wonder what ever came of this? hoax?

[video=youtube;NyL0gQrDIhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyL0gQrDIhs[/video]

...not a charge from me---it's been in articles that Cinnamon Elks told friends shortly before her August 2004 disappearance that “a dirty cop was chopping off the heads of prostitutes and burying them on the West Mesa,” according to Joline Gutierrez-Krueger of the Albuquerque Journal
So we have one person's alleged word to indict APD then?

Is there a link? Or doe AJ's "pay source" circumstance negate one?

I'm under no illusions about APD's overall reputation as a force, but before it can be tied to so serious an allegation, I hope for more.

Your post above was excellent, btw. I understand documenting theory is sometimes almost impossible.

I was born and raised in Albuquerque, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the APD was involved. APD has been running rogue for the past 25 + years. From the APD shooting/killing civilians, botched cases, the "ninja bandit", Kait Arquette case, Levi Chavez case, the evidence room scandal, the love triangles amongst APD employees, and the Mary Han case. I could go on and on and on. The DOJ was called into APD to find out why the whole department was running rogue.

Mary Han was a prominent civil rights attorney, who successfully sued APD numerous times. Ms. Han died unexpectedly a few years back. APD ruled her death a suicide but many people didn't agree with that. The Atty. Gen of NM investigated her death and changed the cause of death from suicide to undetermined. Supposedly, before her death, she was working with some of the West Mesa murder victims family members.

I remember reading this particular article. In fact, this was also stated in the Dateline episode. The woman interviewed, Desiree Gonzalez, was looking for her cousin, Veronica Romero, when Cinnamon told her this. Desiree knew Cinnamon and Cimmamon knew Veronica.

I agree with this. Could the plastic tag from the tree (I think it was a plastic tag from a tree) be from the landscaping that was done on the new housing development? Could the tag have blown there from the neighborhood?

possible, but why only one..unless they found more but never said

[video=youtu;qFtWMRXJvqc]http://youtu.be/qFtWMRXJvqc[/video]

Not sure where my comment went. So I will retype it. Check out the comment on this video. I think there is something to this. There have been several videos and articles with claims of these girls saying there was a "dirty cop" out there. Something happened with this guy, how are you a serial killer and an FBI informant?

I totally agree and I think all other possibilities should be focused on first....but keeping APD in the backs of our minds.

I remember reading this particular article. In fact, this was also stated in the Dateline episode. The woman interviewed, Desiree Gonzalez, was looking for her cousin, Veronica Romero, when Cinnamon told her this. Desiree knew Cinnamon and Cimmamon knew Veronica.

Several of them knew each other....Im certain this isn't a case of randomness...at least concerning those deceased. The lists of missing from New Mexico is interesting. I have the entire thing (list) and there is definitely a pattern...for instance 3 disappeared in one area (or areas close together) in a 3 day time span...then the next month, 3 or 4 more, all within days...then next month the same...Ill need a little time to post it here. I gathered the info from the web but am trying to consolidate it all in one place (my notebook is almost full lol) to post here.

It is very interesting too that victim's mothers were getting phone calls about the deaths of their daughters but when they would report it to the police, nothing seemed to come of it.

Here are the names of the WMBC victims and the WSers who are going to research them. We need help researching these victims. Please post who you would like to research, if you want to help. Thanks.

Michelle Valdez--JDauxa
Cinnamon Elks--The Seeker
Jamie Barela-
Evelyn Salazar-
Syllania Edwards--Sourcing for Info
Monica Candelaria-
Victoria Chavez-
Virginia Cloven-
Doreen Marquez--Vegasdee
Julie Nieto-
Veronica Romero-

Where does it say the victims were missing their heads? I havent seen that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen