Victim: Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers

YOU ROCK!

For the record, I am married to a physician and I know how hard they work each and every day. Yes it is fulfilling but not for the faint of heart. And sometimes the very best and most caring physicians in the U.S. did not graduate from Duke or Harvard or Michigan. They came from humble beginnings and went to schools that had much more vast experiences than many U.S. schools. And these physicians often have to work ten times harder because of it.

So, in my mind Teresa was a very uniquely qualified physician and she was doing exactly what she wanted to do but unfortunately she married someone that did not add to her life. She was basically spinning her wheels in mud trying to get anywhere professionally and I bet financially because MS was sabotaging her success. We will find out very soon--- bet on it.

You are correct. Teresa came from very humble beginnings. She worked extremely hard for every last thing in life that she attained and acquired quite a bit of debt trying to become the type of physician that she believed could help the world one person at a time. From what I can tell, she also trusted someone who got her further into debt but pretended this wasn't the case. IMO.

You are correct. Teresa came from very humble beginnings. She worked extremely hard for every last thing in life that she attained and acquired quite a bit of debt trying to become the type of physician that she believed could help the world one person at a time. From what I can tell, she also trusted someone who got her further into debt but pretended this wasn't the case. IMO.

I am curious to know how this “trusted someone“ “got her further into debt“.
So far, I don’t notice any signs of spending foolishly or being extravagant.
Did they own a yacht or an airplane?
Did they own waterfront property?
No mention of drug use, gambling, or other costly addictions.
No mention of expensive hobbies like race cars, horses, art collecting, antique collecting, buying jewelry, etc, etc.
No mention of exotic vacations.
They seemed to be living middle-class is just about every way. Hmmmm – what am I missing?

No mention of expensive hobbies like race cars, horses, art collecting, antique collecting, buying jewelry, etc, etc.
They seemed to be living middle-class is just about every way. Hmmmm – what am I missing?
Without knowing how much money her practice was bringing in, and without knowing their spending habits, I don't think we can assume anything about their finances.

All we know for sure is that the med school she went to was extremely expensive and she certainly had large student loan debt. There have been rumors of a nanny and a personal chef. Other than that, we don't know enough. Not all spending is conspicuous. Maybe they ate lobster and caviar (organic, of course] 3 days a week. Maybe her practice wasn't bringing in all that much... after all, when you spend an hour plus with each patient and work limited hours, the number of paying customers is limited.

It's certainly not uncommon for people who appear that they should have money to be struggling in reality. Like their marital relationship, we would have to be a fly on the wall to know for sure.

ETA. Malpractice insurance isn't cheap, and would certainly be a necessity.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SEASSEAS Good questions....but sometimes "the appearance of a modest lifestyle can belie what is really happening with finances."

BAD STOCK INVESTMENTS?
I know a woman who just found out her husband lost 90% of their savings on MARGIN CALLS and Options trading. And, they hide the losses from their spouse. The "innocent spouse" usually doesn't find out until the IRS sends them a letter asking why their stock trades were not reported on their tax return.
You'd be surprised how many people lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. HOW WOULD THEIR NEIGHBORS EVER KNOW? How would we know?
How would a spouse know....until it becomes a crisis? IDK.

Questions posed in that manner might cause one to clam up. I trust AR knows more than we do but can't divulge the details. We can trust what AR says or take it with a grain of salt, but please don't put her on the defensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NoItsNot

Thank you for the pic' of Teresa !! She is so vivacious !! God bless her and her kids !

AmazonRiver: THANK you for posting here !! Bless you!

Moderators: THANK YOU for this fine site & your (obviously) tireless work (for all of us) and your dedication & kindness to this group !

Questions posed in that manner might cause one to clam up. I trust AR knows more than we do but can't divulge the details. We can trust what AR says or take it with a grain of salt, but please don't put her on the defensive.

:goodpost:

Been there ...still there ...as a local on two other cases . and boy howdy respect WS TOS . It is a hard line to follow when you want to shout to the world what you know as a local .

I really appreciate those that can do it now and are setting the stage for us in the future how to handle being an insider with so much information you want to burst.

Kudos to Tricia and mods !

:goodpost:

Using talk to text with lots of grammar errors !

The above post is in honor of Teresa Ann Grace Sievers.

Humble beginnings are just that, humble. So an estimated debt coming out of the first four years of college could be a modest $25,000 or as much as $150,000. The cost to complete the Ross degree is approximately $250,000 when you include the cost of living in Dominica and all that living there entails. The cost to get a supplemental Master's degree and continuing education was likely a modest $10,000. At a minimum there is likely $300,000 in education debt. Add to that debt the cost to build the largest house on the block with in ground pool (which would not be the choice of TS, I promise you that) as well as the cost to start up a brand new practice and the cost to pay the salaries and contractor costs of everyone in the new practice including your husband and your husband's childhood friend and you could easily total $1,000,000+ in debt. Throw in choices like a Mercedes for a vehicle and a chef cooking organic meals, a home school teacher and a nanny and the cost goes even higher. Even with a successful practice for the past five to seven years (once it got off the ground) this level of earning does not fully tackle that level of debt.

Humble beginnings are just that, humble. So an estimated debt coming out of the first four years of college could be a modest $25,000 or as much as $150,000. The cost to complete the Ross degree is approximately $250,000 when you include the cost of living in Dominica and all that living there entails. The cost to get a supplemental Master's degree and continuing education was likely a modest $10,000. At a minimum there is likely $300,000 in education debt. Add to that debt the cost to build the largest house on the block with in ground pool (which would not be the choice of TS, I promise you that) as well as the cost to start up a brand new practice and the cost to pay the salaries and contractor costs of everyone in the new practice including your husband and your husband's childhood friend and you could easily total $1,000,000+ in debt. Throw in choices like a Mercedes for a vehicle and a chef cooking organic meals, a home school teacher and a nanny and the cost goes even higher. Even with a successful practice for the past five to seven years (once it got off the ground) this level of earning does not fully tackle that level of debt.

AmazonRain, thanks for your input on this case.

Very helpful! Thank you!

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Thank you AmazonRain. My heart sank when I read this. It must have been a lot on her shoulders. Too much for one person.

Thank you AmazonRain for helping us understand Dr Teresa's situation.

I believe after all that we are learning about this marriage Teresa may have told the freeloader in the house she was done with his ways.

Thank you for the debt explanation. Yes, their combined debt could have reached, or exceeded, $1,000,000.

My opinion about the debt is that most of it would have occurred even if TS married someone different than MS, or if TS was single. I think Dr Sievers was smart, savvy, confident, competent, and definitely not naïve. From all that I can tell, the Sievers lived quite modestly.

Prior to the move to Bonita Springs and starting her Estero medical practice in 2006, she practiced as an internist at a busy medical practice in St Petersburg for about 7 years. She probably saved a lot of money during that time, anticipating realizing her dream of her own practice of Integrative Medicine.

There was substantial gain on the sale of St Petersburg real estate in August 2006. Also, there was a modest gain on the sale of Gulfport real estate in February 2006. This probably helped provide some of the funding for her new medical practice in Estero.

My general view of the debt dilemma is based primarily on my 30+ years as a financial accountant for numerous physician medical practices in Florida. In those medical practices, most of the M.D.’s were 10 to 15 years out of medical school. Most came from modest middle-class families. For a few of those physicians, I also managed their personal finances, including reconciling their investments and bank accounts. Not one of these physicians ever struggled with debt. All of them had a healthy debt-to-income ratio. There was abundant revenue. Most paid off their student loans within 10 years of residency; some stretched the loan out to 20 years. Savings was always substantial. Most are married and sometimes the spouse worked, but usually not. Most have children, along with a nanny, private school, costly extracurricular activities, housekeeper and sometimes a chef. Many have lakefront homes with market value of $1,000,000+. Some have beachfront homes with market value of $2,000,000+. All the docs I worked with have in-ground pools and spas, most homes are 10,000+ sq ft; some homes have elevators; two of the homes even have a movie theatre and one has a bomb shelter. Most have vacation homes in other states. All drive high-end cars, except one doc drove an older car and wore frumpy clothes, but that was more his personality than a reflection of his earnings or wealth. Most take exotic vacations a couple of times each year.

DrTeresaSievers.com FEE schedule reflects her value. There has been mention that she had a full patient load for the approximate 26 hours per week the office was open. Of the medical practitioners I was familiar with, their full-time practice generated about $500,000 annual gross income for FEES, like initial consults, follow-up visits, physicals, and other tests. This does not include supplement sales. The annual salary of the physician was $250,000+. This was generally achieved within the third year of practice, at which time the business usually had more assets than liabilities.

I’m not seeing excess materialism or greed in the Sievers' lifestyle. And it seems there would have been enough income to adequately offset debt. JMO

Thank you for the debt explanation. Yes, their combined debt could have reached, or exceeded, $1,000,000.

My opinion about the debt is that most of it would have occurred even if TS married someone different than MS, or if TS was single. I think Dr Sievers was smart, savvy, confident, competent, and definitely not naïve. From all that I can tell, the Sievers lived quite modestly.

Prior to the move to Bonita Springs and starting her Estero medical practice in 2006, she practiced as an internist at a busy medical practice in St Petersburg for about 7 years. She probably saved a lot of money during that time, anticipating realizing her dream of her own practice of Integrative Medicine.

There was substantial gain on the sale of St Petersburg real estate in August 2006. Also, there was a modest gain on the sale of Gulfport real estate in February 2006. This probably helped provide some of the funding for her new medical practice in Estero.

My general view of the debt dilemma is based primarily on my 30+ years as a financial accountant for numerous physician medical practices in Florida. In those medical practices, most of the M.D.’s were 10 to 15 years out of medical school. Most came from modest middle-class families. For a few of those physicians, I also managed their personal finances, including reconciling their investments and bank accounts. Not one of these physicians ever struggled with debt. All of them had a healthy debt-to-income ratio. There was abundant revenue. Most paid off their student loans within 10 years of residency; some stretched the loan out to 20 years. Savings was always substantial. Most are married and sometimes the spouse worked, but usually not. Most have children, along with a nanny, private school, costly extracurricular activities, housekeeper and sometimes a chef. Many have lakefront homes with market value of $1,000,000+. Some have beachfront homes with market value of $2,000,000+. All the docs I worked with have in-ground pools and spas, most homes are 10,000+ sq ft; some homes have elevators; two of the homes even have a movie theatre and one has a bomb shelter. Most have vacation homes in other states. All drive high-end cars, except one doc drove an older car and wore frumpy clothes, but that was more his personality than a reflection of his earnings or wealth. Most take exotic vacations a couple of times each year.

DrTeresaSievers.com FEE schedule reflects her value. There has been mention that she had a full patient load for the approximate 26 hours per week the office was open. Of the medical practitioners I was familiar with, their full-time practice generated about $500,000 annual gross income for FEES, like initial consults, follow-up visits, physicals, and other tests. This does not include supplement sales. The annual salary of the physician was $250,000+. This was generally achieved within the third year of practice, at which time the business usually had more assets than liabilities.

I’m not seeing excess materialism or greed in the Sievers' lifestyle. And it seems there would have been enough income to adequately offset debt. JMO

Yes, all of that makes perfect sense - but it wasn't the case for TS from what I can tell. And certainly, if debts were paid off and all that money was being made and saved - I'm not sure why there would be a foreclosure on public record in 2009/2010.

Yes, all of that makes perfect sense - but it wasn't the case for TS from what I can tell. And certainly, if debts were paid off and all that money was being made and saved - I'm not sure why there would be a foreclosure on public record in 2009/2010.

Foreclosure was dismissed.

While I am no expert on mortgages and foreclosures, it appears that the foreclosure proceedings were dismissed within 9 months. It does seem suspicious, but I’m not one to leap to conclusions without having more detail, and comprehending the detail. Perhaps there is a WS’er who is an expert in this field.

MAR 2010 and JUN 2010 are both NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL of the 2009 NOTICE OF LIS PENDENS
Plaintiff, the Prevailing Party, by and through its undersigned counsel, voluntarily dismisses its Complaint for Foreclosure and Other Relief. . .

The previous poster(SeesSeas) wrote a long explanation about debt to earnings ratio etc. The number of 250k per year was quoted as what a physician in a similar practice would make. Quite frankly, that isnt a lot of money.. 2 professionals ( husband and wife both working in their chosen fields) could easily make 250k a year. That amount of money would not sustain nannys, chefs, mortgage payments, student loans, private health insurance and private tutors. At least not where I live. It appears she had several employees she had to pay and a husband who essentially was not making 10 cents on his own.

IMO, her lifestyle was extravagant for someone making 250k ( if that is the number we want to use). She would also have malpractice insurance, rent on her office to pay, car payments, and who knows what else. i was taught to never count anyone else's money. You just dont know what people really have.. IMO, there was probably substantial debt there. Wasnt the home just refinanced? MOO

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back