AR AR - Malvern, WhtMale 1415UMAR, 25-35, hitchhiker in submerged car, p/u Louisville, Oct'84

What about Martin Miller:

Can't explain the nearly 4 year gap, but other stats are close and faces appear to be very similar to me. Should be easily ruled based on dentals.

He would have been about 21 - pretty young given the 25-35 estimate, but it makes sense from a circumstantial standpoint, and I definitely see the similarity with the recon. Good eye :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent it in - we shall see. Seemed a bit too easy to me!

Fairy1 any chance you could look at my note just before yours and give your thoughts please? I'm in aus so don't really know who I would send info to :/

Hi there, does anyone know if mark weisman was checked for this John Doe? He was from Harris county texas and would have been about 28 -30 in 1984. Similar hair just missing the chin patch. Similar in height too. He had a mental illness :(

I just stumbled across this John Doe and thought yep I will check in websleuths and once again I'm not disappointed ;)

Sorry, I didn't see your post when it went up. That was the week I had the flu and I missed a bunch of things when I came back.

Here's Mark Weisman's Namus link. (It took me a while to find it because there's a US college athlete with the same name. Too young to be the same person.)

Yikes, that really is a close resemblance. I'm not sure he doesn't have a bit of a soul patch at the point of his chin, but with the low quality of the photo, it's hard to tell.

Side by side attached.

Attachments

• Mark Weisman with 1415umar.png
    Mark Weisman with 1415umar.png
    371.2 KB · Views: 154
Fairy1 any chance you could look at my note just before yours and give your thoughts please? I'm in aus so don't really know who I would send info to :/

Mark Weisman's physical stats are very similar, IMO. I notice it's stated he had had a broken shoulder that healed badly which is not noted with the UID. But that doesn't really mean anything - to me.

I believe I sent the Martin Miller submission to Chris Edwards, whose e-mail link can be found on the UID NamUs page. I'm at work now but I sent the e-mail from my home computer - that's why I'm not sure! Will check tonight and follow-up as I've not had any response.

I sent the Martin Miller submission to Michael Nance and never received a response. Have forwarded it to Chris Edwards now and hope for an answer!

Nice find Fairy. I suspect the UID is not Miller as the UID had "1 small circular scar on left ankle" and no reference to an appendectomy that Miller had.

What about Martin Miller:

Can't explain the nearly 4 year gap, but other stats are close and faces appear to be very similar to me. Should be easily ruled based on dentals.

I am not sure if I can post this....but, here is the link to a postmortem picture of the UID.

*WARNING: Graphic* <modsnip: broken link>

I am guessing the men exchanged pleasantries. I find it hard to believe they didn't know each others first name. Granted, some don't always give their legal name, but it might be helpful.

Today marks 31 years since he died. I hope he will be identified before the next anniversary of his death.

I have to ask - is this being treated as a suicide by LEs and MEs? It seems like a suicide to me if the doe didn't get out if the car like the other guy did, the survivor. I find it odd that the doe wouldn't disclose his name to the man he hitched with. I saw on doenet that they ate breakfast together - surely if they were that friendly he might have said his name, of course it is possible to lie.

Guys do that. My middle son had a friend in high school who he had been socializing with for about six weeks. They wanted to do something together that caused me to ask, "What's your friend's name? I'll call his mother and make the arrangements." Son looked blank, thought a minute, and said, "You know, I never asked."

:facepalm:

I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think that they never gave each other names.

Anyway, I think zelda_s brings up a good point, was this ruled a suicide? Because that was my first thought upon hearing this story. I hope he does get his name back, I'm sure someone is looking for him. He's too old to be a typical teenaged runaway.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think that they never gave each other names.

Anyway, I think zelda_s brings up a good point, was this ruled a suicide? Because that was my first thought upon hearing this story. I hope he does get his name back, I'm sure someone is looking for him. He's too old to be a typical teenaged runaway.

Exactly. There's no reason for him NOT to try to escape the car, unless he actually wanted to die. There is a small possibility he had mental health issues which distorted his ideas about being in the drowning car - he may have been deluded and believed that he could breathe underwater or something. I don't know much about autopsies, but if they checked his brain, they may have detected if he had mental health issues (e.g. Schizophrenic brains produce extra dopamine).

To me, he seemed well-groomed. He had fairly 'nice' clothes on, and well-maintained facial hair. I wonder why he was going to California.

Ok, so, I've been combing doe for possible matches. They might not be dead- on, but a couple seemed good :

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1032dmny.html
- Mark Zeichner. He's in the age range, he somewhat resembles the doe, and their hair seems similar. The height is a bit off, though. Also, he has a mental illness and this doe seems like he could have one.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2063dmnj.html
Edward DuBarry has facial hair very much like the doe in one of the photos, which struck me. He's a bit too old, though. The 'scar on chin' interests me though.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4312dmfl.html
Lloyd Gilsdorf also has brown hair and facial hair. He is a bit short though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back