Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

Yes. It's not like this perp is going to confess to anything more. He's done talking, imo. He has kept this secret for 27 years, and it's entirely possible he is keeping additional secrets.

jmopinion

I agree that we won't hear anymore. Patty's words of "to know his last days, hours, minutes" are haunting to me.

I listened to the first two eps of the podcast, again it is really about the investigation not the crime, the biggest thing is how many people who lived in the street saw something that night and before, but claim to not have been interviewed by the police, or not that night or next day.

Though, so far there is nothing that would have changed the events that night ... not considering it was 1989 and Amber alerts, social networks, etc weren't around.

I am very surprised, He had that job at the wood place for ten years.

He went to the site with a garbage bag. I hope they examine him. He can add a lot to the predator data base.

What a cool customer. Just a body of a human being but no soul.

Yes, that nails it.

It helps if you turn your speaker on. (wow, embarrassing).

Actually, listening with the speakers off might be the best option. I started to listen, but I'm not ready. I'll have to wait awhile. I thought I was okay with it, but there has been just so much to absorb this week that I can't do it today.

I do respect MPR, though, and I know where to find their podcast to listen later.

Owner Of Farm Where Wetterling Was Found Speaks Out

[video=youtube;-T1vUCA_AvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1vUCA_AvE[/video]

didn't mean to embed the video, but when you post the link, it does so automatically!

Wow, he said he didn't have to dig at all when he gathered the remains because that much was showing already...

One thing I found interesting in this is that part of the plea agreement says that if for any reason Heinrich's sentence is vacated or reduced, basically the plea deal is void and all rights of both sides would be restored to what they were prior to the agreement and anything Heinrich said to law enforcement or in court could be used against him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean they could charge Heinrich with JW's murder and use his confession against him?

I know there is little to no chance of that happening but I still found that interesting.

Listen to the MPR podcast. I have not heard it, Hope I can. Friend told me some things. Mind blowing. No one on WS has talked about these things. New info.
Unbelievable!!! Excellent podcast.

From the previous thread:

"How are those shoe prints not an exact match?"

Footwear and tire tracks are never an exact match. The best that can be said is that a print/track is similar to, or consistent with, a shoe/tire.

There can almost be exact matches IF there are imperfection that can be matched up. Like say a gouge out of the tread of the actual shoe/tire that matches the print. And the more imperfections that match up, the better.

One thing I found interesting in this is that part of the plea agreement says that if for any reason Heinrich's sentence is vacated or reduced, basically the plea deal is void and all rights of both sides would be restored to what they were prior to the agreement and anything Heinrich said to law enforcement or in court could be used against him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean they could charge Heinrich with JW's murder and use his confession against him?

I know there is little to no chance of that happening but I still found that interesting.

I think that each thing that the monster stated had been agreed upon in advance. The monster's lawyers were charged with protecting his rights for this conviction and in the future. A responsible attorney would get agreement on the exact wording needed to fulfill the deal without jeopardizing their client. The monster's legal team was driving this train as they didn't have a body previously. There are definitely details that were disclosed that will be forever held by the attorneys and the Wetterling family. If this deal was vacated, the monster's words would be an easy way to a conviction but without "rape" in the mix. Making deals with these kinds of devils means that you have to live with less than full justice. However, this monster is off the streets and the deal is probably never going to be vacated.

Wow, he said he didn't have to dig at all when he gathered the remains because that much was showing already...

Reading the transcript the prosecutor makes a point of getting Heinrich to mention something about a tree or bush growing in the spot. Sounds like the growing tree/bush might have pushed to remains up above ground.

There can almost be exact matches IF there are imperfection that can be matched up. Like say a gouge out of the tread of the actual shoe/tire that matches the print. And the more imperfections that match up, the better.

That crime scene was not easily secured in the early investigation. It was night and they had people walking everywhere. The lack of an exact match could be from a less than complete casting or an accidental knocking of debris or foot squashing the marks. Today, the scene would be handled very differently than it was in 1989. Heck, the idea that he might have run away might still be looked at but concurrent to a secured scene with active and systematic actions.

In The Dark Podcast 2: Two boys had seen and both stated they could ID the perp (in separate interviews) that had watched and tried to grab one of them. Both victim reports to LE showed that the car and perp ID were the same. One of the boys resembled and lived in the same neighborhood as Jacob and the incident with him happened prior to Jacob's kidnapping. The car they described fit the description of the one that DH had abducted Jacob in.

My guess - got bobcat @45.388167, -94.685600 and used it @45.387523, -94.692706
Trees at that location are map erased after 2010.

There's also a large "HEART" feature present (satellite/aerial view) in the corner of HWY 33/old23.

I guess now we know why we haven't heard anything about them searching the site of the first burial. According to Google Earth it looks like that area was re-landscaped a couple of years ago.

So is this a true crime discussion board or an emotional outlet for personal feelings ????

What I took from the admin was to not keep discussing the actual sexual assault/murder. I never took to mean don't post anything more about the case.

In that clip up there the reporter states very clearly that there were animal bones with the remains.

In that clip up there the reporter states very clearly that there were animal bones with the remains.

That is weird isn't it? Did the animal know there was something wrong there? Was it a deer, cat, dog?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back