Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

has anyone dowloaded and posted anywhere? My understanding is you have to get it directly from the Sheriff’s office.

if you get and download or find a link, please let us know

I found a majority of the files searching “wetterling files” on archive.org here Internet Archive Search: Wetterling files

I just don’t know if it is complete or not. By the naming convention, it appears that some would be missing.

No link, but I can tell you I'm currently researching and writing a book about a collection of cold or long term cases from Stearns County, that will include the following: (the year shown is to best of my recollection)

Jackie Theel (1944)
Roy Benn (1970)
Reker Sisters (1974)
Ivend Holen (1976)
Huling Family (1978)
Joan Bierschbach (1979)
Myrtle Cole (1981)
Steven Bechtold (1987)
Jacob Wetterling (1989)
Ronnie Bromenshakel and Cynthia Schmidt (1986)
Herb Fromelt (1994)
Josh Guimond (2002)
Tom Decker (2012)
Case re-opened, Ws thread started..
MN - MN- Myrtle Cole, 81, Strangled & stabbed in her Fairhaven home,12 Dec. 1981*Re-opened*

Recently saw the excellent Still Missing Morgan True Crime documentary, that focused on the Morgan Nick case - but also included a lot of information about the Jacob Ketterling abduction & murder. I had not heard that much about the JK case, so found out most of the info. due to this doc.

Very heinous and sickening crime here. The fact that this scum-bag used a gun to intimidate/strike fear into the three kids back in 1989 (so they all wouldn't just run away from him) was cowardly - but that's par for the course with these pieces of garbage. And, JK obviously had the bad luck to be the perp's main target - given that he let the other two go.

As a kid growing up in the '80's (though I was older than JK) - I clearly remember my family warning me about "stranger danger" & to be careful out there. Though these types of crimes had occurred in past decades - IMHO it wasn't until the '80's that the public started hearing a lot about them on the news & TV.

Glad that they finally got the right perp. It's unfortunate that he 'cut a deal' so that he would get a much lighter sentence - if he would lead them to the body. But, the most important thing here is that the family finally found out what happened to JK & that they got closure re: the crime.

This scum-bag is in prison for ten more years. He'll be 70 when he gets out & will hopefully have a hard time finding a job @ that age, etc. This light sentence (especially given what he did) is obviously not the optimum outcome here, but at least he'll be out of circulation for some time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back