Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

For those of us who were chikdren at the time or were parents, this changed our entire lives in so many ways. That can be seen by the thousands of comments.

I have been very surprised to see how many people were so deeply affected.
Yeah, I agree I get a bit emotional about any crime I'm interested in, but for this one in particular, I've followed for years with such hope and so closely, I'm mournfully sad, my whole week, just really bummed out. It's just devastating. The only other times I've been this worked up with emotion was Sandy Hook and The acquittal of the West Memphis 3.

That is weird isn't it? Did the animal know there was something wrong there? Was it a deer, cat, dog?

I don't think it's weird at all. It's in a bunch of trees in the middle of a farm field. I would be surprised if there weren't all sorts of animal bones in there.

My guess - got bobcat @45.388167, -94.685600 and used it @45.387523, -94.692706
Trees at that location are map erased after 2010.

There's also a large "HEART" feature present (satellite/aerial view) in the corner of HWY 33/old23.

Exactly what I initially suspected, but then I read a report that it was somewhere else. I think in time the details will become more clear and transparent.

When I read what actually happened to Jacob I just could feel my heart seizing. It is unimaginable to me that a man could put a gun to a child's head and pull the trigger more than once.
Poor Jacob. Poor poor Jacob.
I am upset that they did not charge him with murder but I understand why.

I just want him to never ever see a free day again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, it sounds like he has been hunting tha neighborhood for a long time. I wonder whar brought him there in the firs place.

It sounds like that neighborhood had a lot of kid activity.

It has been almost 26 years since I was there, but the beginningof that neighborhood had houses that were not that far apart, uI am going by memory. Maybe 75 feet apart? How daring for him to try anything there.

If it is accurate and it seems like it is, he was familiar with that road

In The Dark Podcast 2: Two boys had seen and both stated they could ID the perp (in separate interviews) that had watched and tried to grab one of them. Both victim reports to LE showed that the car and perp ID were the same. One of the boys resembled and lived in the same neighborhood as Jacob and the incident with him happened prior to Jacob's kidnapping. The car they described fit the description of the one that DH had abducted Jacob in.

And LE blew them off :mad:

This is Heinrich's house: https://www.google.com/maps/@45.261...hNO3iYai6tK065VONA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

attachment.php

What is the disposition of this property? It should be seized and sold (and then torn down) and the proceeds given to a Missing Children agency.
But I am sure that after his arrest, his defense lawyers obtained it to partly cover their fees. Or the state will do the same.

On page 28 of DH transcript. He says he walked, at night, to the original gravesite with a garbage bag and a trench digger. It was then he saw Jacobs shiny jacket, so he decided to move his grave? Did I miss something? Because it makes no sense to take a walk in the dark with a garbage bag and a tool to dig a grave.

On page 28 of DH transcript. He says he walked, at night, to the original gravesite with a garbage bag and a trench digger. It was then he saw Jacobs shiny jacket, so he decided to move his grave? Did I miss something? Because it makes no sense to take a walk in the dark with a garbage bag and a tool to dig a grave.

Yes. Exactly what I was thinking

I don't think it's weird at all. It's in a bunch of trees in the middle of a farm field. I would be surprised if there weren't all sorts of animal bones in there.

I think it's very strange to find animal bones in the same grave as little Jacob. I can't make sense out of any of the 2 graves.

Yes they are an exact match. I have been doing it for over 50 years including working with Local Police, State Police, FBI and Secret Service. Foot prints are as unique as finger prints and give more information about the individual that a finger print can. The print data stands the test of cross examination in court. The FBI has a very advanced program for this.

They had shoe prints, not foot prints. Shoe prints are not unique because a lot of people can have the same shoes.

I'm assuming he walked out there, saw the remains were uncovered, went back home and got the garbage bag and trench digger. It's a minor detail I'm guessing he forgot of just left out.

I think it's very strange to find animal bones in the same grave as little Jacob. I can't make sense out of any of the 2 graves.

They didn't find animal bones in the same grave, just the same area. They found the red jacket and some bones on the first search. Those bones turned out to be animal bones but the red jacket was definitely Jacob's. They had to do a more thorough 2nd search to find the remains.

This all makes my heart hurt. If he had all of Jacobs remains in the garbage bag, surely the red jacket would have lead to Jacob, not animal bones. And...another thing that bothers me, Jacobs shoes. How did NO ONE find these shoes? Is DH the only person in Stearns Co. to walk this road??

Sounds to me like he had a dead animal in the bag just in case he was stopped and questioned. "Hey there what are you doing??"

DH: "Oh my dog died and I needed a place to bury it."

I think it's HIGHLY unusual that there are animal bones mixed in the exact spot where his jacket was found buried. Something is up with that.

This all makes my heart hurt. If he had all of Jacobs remains in the garbage bag, surely the red jacket would have lead to Jacob, not animal bones. And...another thing that bothers me, Jacobs shoes. How did NO ONE find these shoes? Is DH the only person in Stearns Co. to walk this road??

The jacket and other things could have been moved around over the last 25 years by any number of reasons. Animals, tree roots, flooding, shifting soil, ect.

He said he threw the shoes into a ravine. Looking at a map of the area that was probably from the bridge on old HWY 23 into the North fork Crow River. They probably weren't there long and there world be no reason for anyone to be down there let alone thinking finding a pair of shoes would mean anything.

Remember, Paynesville is 30 miles away from where the abduction occurred and that specific area is very rural. I doubt that area was heavily searched like the area around St. Joseph was.

[video=youtube;-T1vUCA_AvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1vUCA_AvE[/video]

From this clip:

At the 1:50 mark;

"The Stearns County Sheriff's office says investigators first uncovered Jacob's hockey jacket along with some bones last Wednesday. But crime lab tests came back indicating they were animal bones. So investigators went back to the site on Friday and expanded the search area. That evening, they found Jacob."

Curiouser and Curiouser...

Again, out of ALLLLLLLL the places to dig out there, what are the odds that his hockey jacket was found with animal bones. They had to be fairly large animal bones in order for investigators to believe and act on the idea that they were Jacob's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back