TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been saying this all along. He was there to rob the Sunday offerings and make cops look bad.

If that was the case, why didn't they enter through the SE entrance for example? There is a directional sign in the parking lot directing among else to the offices being located in the S of the church. That's where the money would be located, not in the kitchen area. Why breaking numerous glass and windows and eventually entering on the opposite side of the building?

-Nin

I don't agree with the perp wanting to steal an offering. A very high volume of giving is done online now, and lots of churches will do their deposits on Sunday's after services are over. Of course, there are those who don't even count it until Monday and that could be the case with this church. I just don't think you go to the extremes the perp did all for maybe $5K cash and that's on the high end of my speculation. I don't think this church had a ton of cash given each week. This was a rage attack and a brutal, personal crime IMO. I will eat crow if I'm wrong, but the more time goes on the more I feel that's the case. I still think they know who, but have to get all the pieces in order. Sad that it's almost a year later and no arrest. I don't think it's related to CG, because if it was I feel like other trainers would be fearful and afraid to host their 430a-5a camps. AGAIN MOO.

You don't need to think that. It does happen almost every single day. All you have to do is Google: church burglary, and you can read the recent examples of it. Often they take a lot less than $5,000. Sometimes church burglars only take some audio or video equipment, and nothing else.

You don't need to think that. It does happen almost every single day. All you have to do is Google: church burglary, and you can read the recent examples of it. Often they take a lot less than $5,000. Sometimes church burglars only take some audio or video equipment, and nothing else.

Very true.

Also - the term "burglary" is to enter into a building illegally - for the purpose of a crime. That crime could be theft or could just be prowling, trespassing. I'm 50/50 on SP looking to steal vs. being more into the prowling - perhaps stealing something if it's interesting or valuable.

Usually burglars who are stealing move fast, collect items quickly and often bring bags with them - which in this case may have been left in the kitchen. Maybe SP is moving around nonchalantly because he's not really rushing to steal or maybe he just knows he's got plenty of time until the office opens up. I couldn't find the hours of operation on their website but at around 3:40 in the morning SP knew he had 3 hours til daylight and probably at least another couple hours after that until the church opened.

I think the last thing SP expected at 4:15 am was an oblivious woman crossing his path abruptly in the darkness of the hallways. MO.

Zigster has a good point, though -- it does seem that if SP was completely unknown to LE (a random burglar not connected to MB at all) the family might be out there a lot more asking for help. They might be quiet because they want LE to be able to do their work on a suspect they have - or they might just want to move on with life for now.

It will be interesting if they appeal to the public next month at the 1 year mark.

I just keep thinking what they're NOT saying says a lot more than what they are...I've said it before, justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives. Someone will pay for this, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just keep thinking what they're NOT saying says a lot more than what they are...I've said it before, justice rides a slow horse, but she always arrives. Someone will pay for this, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

If police did believe it was a burglary for sure, I think they would have warned other churches in town. I think they would have shown more pictures of the perp and asked the public to help identify this person. They have seen more church video than we have and I believe they know more than they can tell us at the moment. I know they can zoom in on the perp and give us more information about everything he was wearing. I think we would have had the exact height of perp instead of 5'2-5'7. I feel they have a good clue to who it is and are being very vague for that reason. I think Missy's mom and brothers are silent because I think they have a clue also....otherwise they would be very very vocal. Family would definately speak out if they thought a random burglar had come through and killed Missy. I may be wrong but I agree Jane... it's way too silent !

I believe it's a tack hammer. Those have magnets on one end and are used to hammer tacks on bulletin boards. That type of hammer would already be in the church.

Have you looked closely at the photos of SP holding the hammer? To me, it looks like a rock pick. Check out the photo where SP rounds the corner onto to the non tiled floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been reading on SM different theories and hoped an arrest would come soon. I am finding on WS that the same info is just rehashed over and over again and I don't really have much to contribute, sigh

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

If that was the case, why didn't they enter through the SE entrance for example? There is a directional sign in the parking lot directing among else to the offices being located in the S of the church. That's where the money would be located, not in the kitchen area. Why breaking numerous glass and windows and eventually entering on the opposite side of the building?

-Nin

Well, of course they're going to enter on the opposite side of the building, out of sight and away from the road. And it's not like they had blueprints of the church layout. They broke in and then scouted the place. The video makes it clear this person is seeing things for the first time (Dutch doors being a good example).

Agree. My theory at this point is the murder was revenge based by a seething, jealous female who felt betrayed and took it out on MB. There were accomplices involved. They were probably local and some possibly left the area in the months after the murder. There were possibly social media postings after the murder that seemed benign but were big clues. The murder team possibly celebrated the evening of the murder and were not sad but rather gleeful which was possibly another big clue. My theory is hypothetical but plausible imho. I could be very wrong.
This theory makes the most sense to me but maybe it's just the way it has been presented on SM that has persuaded my thought process. Still not sure how many were involved that early morning or in the planning..

This theory makes the most sense to me but maybe it's just the way it has been presented on SM that has persuaded my thought process. Still not sure how many were involved that early morning or in the planning..

Based on my opinion the Altima at SWFA is involved and the work done here by Nin, Nearsouth iirc there apoears that multiple occupants in the Altima=accomplices imo.
I've had various theories along the way but now I am at the one referenced here. My theory could change again if LE ever throws us another bone or someone offers up another related video. All JMOO

Well, of course they're going to enter on the opposite side of the building, out of sight and away from the road. And it's not like they had blueprints of the church layout. They broke in and then scouted the place. The video makes it clear this person is seeing things for the first time (Dutch doors being a good example).

The N side is actually more visible than the E or SE side IMO. E or SE would be really "out of sight". They did not need blueprints (or did they..?), they saw the sign. I am not questioning, if the individual is seeing things for the first time or not. It is irrelevant.

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

Attachments

• MB crimescene damage entry sign.png
    MB crimescene damage entry sign.png
    738.4 KB · Views: 416
Can someone clarify with this previous picture...where about the SP was walking....on the video that we see...in correlation to where Missy parked..was found....etc....just to get an idea where they might have parked...

Agree and he/she was dressed like a cop. He/she had the upper hand to get the hell outta dodge bumping into her if it wasn't planned. How is she to know it's a fake uniform at first glance?

Respectfully, I see what you are saying, but because we are all throwing in our ideas for discussion.. Here's a thought...

BBM If SP wanted to be perceived as "normal" I would think they would dress accordingly. Not too many officers wear a balaclava under their helmet in April. Not many cops do that in sub-zero weather, and especially not if they are inside for 40 minutes.
(I'm amazed they kept their helmet on for that length of time, nevermind a hoodie...)

Remember the bits of video we saw are merely snippets of a 30 minute (+/-). And not necessarily in order.

One possibility is that there are 2 SP's inside that church. Both dressed identical, including the balaclava under the helmet. One is taller than the other... which would explain the different heights, the skinny vs not so skinny ankles, the different postures, the different hand tools, one seemed to be heavier. possibly different britches, one seemed to be wearing shoes or boots too big, or boot covers of some sort. We've gone over just about every detail (I'm leaving out several, I know... but I'm tired.) That theory could explain why we saw different details.

I had asked myself time ago if that was a choreography of a slalom run: one perp going first door inside and appearing through third door outside, next perp going second door inside and appearing through fourth door outside .... :D

Despite the little we do know on this case...I think the 2 person dressed up as SP inside the church is losing steam. There is no evidence to show that. There might be more than 1 that knows what happened...but I don't think there is enough evidence to show 2 SP's....

In reply to rcbart
Entry made in the red arrow area. Perp all over COC. MB found deceased in the SW corner inside of bldg near where she parked. IMO IIRC

If you are interested in more pics I would advise to google hashtag M...yB....s
So many unknown refined pics of Altima occupants. A version of my "lost" pic with the specific woman/-hairstyle is seen too.

Despite the little we do know on this case...I think the 2 person dressed up as SP inside the church is losing steam. There is no evidence to show that. There might be more than 1 that knows what happened...but I don't think there is enough evidence to show 2 SP's....

I'd have to agree. DEFINITELY think more than 1 knows what happened and even helped "plan," but don't think there were 2 in church. Camera angles can give off different views at different angles. JMO

Quite possibly..i'm going through old posts and trying to be more open minded. The first time around I had only one person in my crosshairs, then this other person, then another.. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree! If it was a burglary, I think we would be hearing more from LE and the family. The police aren't talking for a reason.

It's a travesty, sadly.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members