GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, good idea charminglane...I hope SS and LE checked into that initially! The only thing we could know is what was under construction at the time, now, by looking at tax records on new constructions nearby....hope they saw what exactly was going on nearby at the time......the fabric you are talking about is called silt fence, though it's not netting very well could have been used as well.........there is some orange plastic type netting I see from time to time on road construction I THINK,...maybe that could be as well used on construction sites IDK....but netting sounded more like fish netting to me initially seeing how a boat was used but could very well be like you suggest, a construction site nearby........but then IDK, I'd think the'd come prepared, who the heck knows anymore though.

oh, good idea charminglane...I hope SS and LE checked into that initially! The only thing we could know is what was under construction at the time, now, by looking at tax records on new constructions nearby....hope they saw what exactly was going on nearby at the time......the fabric you are talking about is called silt fence, though it's not netting very well could have been used as well.........there is some orange plastic type netting I see from time to time on road construction I THINK,...maybe that could be as well used on construction sites IDK....but netting sounded more like fish netting to me initially seeing how a boat was used but could very well be like you suggest, a construction site nearby........but then IDK, I'd think the'd come prepared, who the heck knows anymore though.

I guess if you know you are going to behead someone, you would come prepared, if you know you are going to dump someone in the lake, you'd come prepared...............if either of these occurrences were something that happened as an afterthought then you would definitley be looking around for something to assist you...........The more I think about it, the more I think they came to do JUST what they DID and that's what SS said basically, if they just wnat to kill you they'd shoot you and leave but this was more.......unnecessary to behead and dump in the lake if you just want them dead

I still think it was staged to appear like a mob hit, i think i read his family is italian, if that makes any difference but this staging could be the plan of family or even ex employees/co workers etc or to confuse the investigation but you still have to wonder who wanted them dead.......

No reason to want them dead.....No one got anything from this..... well ....except inheritance

I guess if you know you are going to behead someone, you would come prepared, if you know you are going to dump someone in the lake, you'd come prepared...............if either of these occurrences were something that happened as an afterthought then you would definitley be looking around for something to assist you...........The more I think about it, the more I think they came to do JUST what they DID and that's what SS said basically, if they just wnat to kill you they'd shoot you and leave but this was more.......unnecessary to behead and dump in the lake if you just want them dead

I still think it was staged to appear like a mob hit, i think i read his family is italian, if that makes any difference but this staging could be the plan of family or even ex employees/co workers etc or to confuse the investigation but you still have to wonder who wanted them dead.......

No reason to want them dead.....No one got anything from this..... well ....except inheritance
Not necessarily. I still believe the D's were murdered to send a message to someone close to them. The elder D's were "expendable"......meaning, the murderers were not going to gain anything from their death except cooperation from someone else.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think holloway is done with the dermond case, it was not an investigative report like the Grinstead case payne Lindsey did..........sadly..........I was dissapointed, it was mostly rehashing what he's already told us, tho a few new details...not enough

when is the next podcast

Mob hit but not because of the elderly Dermonds but because of someone they know mixed up with the mob, likely a family member......CLarifying the above, my computer wont let me edit for some reason......someone mentioned that the son had financial troubles and moved to FL from atl A FEW YEARS back? any more details on this, when and what/how?It was also mentioned that someone wished that SS could look into the childrens finances.....no probably cause I suppose , yet.

when is the next podcast

This murder just seems to personal and too well planned. Whoever planned this knows the Dermonds well. I've said it many times before beheading someone usually results from rage, the witness saw a male walking around the yard but couldn't get a description but saw enough to know the person as male ? why would someone be walking around the yard during a double murder? my bet is the person seen walking around the yard was that someone who was close to the dermonds and couldn't handle seeing what was being done to them. Obviously it was day time when the neighbor saw the person walking around the yard and considering the precautions the murderers took in not leaving any evidence I doubt It was one of them. What also comes to mind is the cold case team from Fla SS had look into the case being from the same area as the son.

I agree hockeyguy, it was well planned, the details are confusing but I keep saying they came for one reason, to kill the D's....not extortion not robbery or the like..............but to kill..........it's obvious and clearer to me over the years........the why is not as easy but I like your theory as well.....I do believe it has SOMETHING to do with family or someone very very familiar with them in some way.............but I guess I've been wondering WHY the murderer would be on the lawn but whatyou say makes perfect sense.....sickening to think about him knowing but getting out of the house during the gruesome deed.........I would do the same in the situations of animal slaughter for food!! Can't watch it................yeah why slip up in the end, of cours SOMEONE almost did cause a huge slipup.....thanks for the reminder of the jacksonville CC team! yep and which son lives/lived there? One is in Orlando?? IIRC Welcome back!

when is the next podcast

This murder just seems to personal and too well planned. Whoever planned this knows the Dermonds well. I've said it many times before beheading someone usually results from rage, the witness saw a male walking around the yard but couldn't get a description but saw enough to know the person as male ? why would someone be walking around the yard during a double murder? my bet is the person seen walking around the yard was that someone who was close to the dermonds and couldn't handle seeing what was being done to them. Obviously it was day time when the neighbor saw the person walking around the yard and considering the precautions the murderers took in not leaving any evidence I doubt It was one of them. What also comes to mind is the cold case team from Fla SS had look into the case being from the same area as the son.

WHAT In the world would SS NEED to have probable cause to search someone elses finances...besides the obvious "forensics"........I think, who said it, that SS KNOWS, just needs more to nail them.......and as Ive said many times, SS cannot implicate anyone if there is no pending arrest, which would mean there is probable cause, that be slander

I believe Keith Dermond lives in the Jacksonville area

aah, I was thinking BD ...who is in Orlando? ONe is in Orlando I thought , maybe not. ANyone know?

when is the next podcast

I believe Keith Dermond lives in the Jacksonville area

ok, a couple of things:

1-- would a lien on someone prior to the D's death and payoff of note after death, sale of home and estate settlement, be considered something that could be just cause in this case for investigation?

2-If you think about how this all played out from the beginnning, NO ONE stayed for the vigil, all left town within 2 days IIRC, waited to have funeral for dad until they found their mom, WHY, did they know she was deceasd too?, only ONE person placed themselves in the investigation by talking to media and leading the investigation suggesting it was a cult, NO ONE seemed very concerned about their parents death especially BEHEADING, then there's the alarm incident, it happened, no one knows if accident or not, then a female relative, all of RD AND SD family are dead, they themselves are amost 90, that leaves one female and WHO ELSE would SS be questioning anyway, the daughter was just there, 2 weeks prior to murders...............I remember how bodly LE looked at Stephen McDaniel when he was speaking so freely to the media, maybe it was becuase of his looks but...........did the same occur here?

3..I keep recalling the podcast about RD foot being drug thru the blood and wondery why....if they blood was already there, the deed had already been done, unless it was not quite complete, they turned for a better angle, due to the fact that the head had allegedly been sat down to bleed out behind his car, IIRC, the left side of body had towels and was alongside the garage door..........I also wondered if they considered hauling him off too initially.....at first i thought maybe the body had been "moved a few feet" as the original aritcle had stated, to get better placement for the grotesque deed, but knowing the blood was already there adn he was dragged has me perplexted somewhat. Maybe it was to move the body further away from entrance to kitchen hall in hopes if someone looked in, they'd just leave because theycouldnt see the body from that angle but not sure if they could see it either way, I think the car was right infront of the door and you had to walk around to see anything else anyway

Seems the swornpodcast is only there to sing SS praises yet he feels he is the ONLY person to solve this crime............i beg to differ...........and Mr Phillip Holloway is talking out of both sides of his mouth, one ..saying how much SS has done and in other podcasts, link below, they discuss good investigative skills and one is to share with the public, that the public solves crimes....yet since this podcast we are only just now finding out that it was a WHITE MALE on the lawn of the Dermonds yet the public is the ones expected to call in for that infamous call that ss is waiting for to solve this crime..........is there more about this man on the lawn? I know he was hard to see but the witnesses were able to discern it was a male, did they not see his hair color? It was stated they thought it was probalby Mr D, so was he gray headed? Also, Holloway in his swornpodcast said this crime was likely extortion gone bad that they robbers came for big cash............YET IT WAS SATURDAY, MOST BANKS ARE CLOSED and if open, close at noon on saturday.............what a stupid robber, then they behead him............it doesnt make sense, if it was a weekday it would make better sense

ANOTHER thing, that i mentioned earlier post, if no one was murdered in the garage and Mr D was dragged through the blood as was told by the podcast and SS, then WHOSE blood was in the garage?

I think he was killed in the garage, he was turned to place his body for beheading, probably a cramped garage with 2 cars in it, the cast said he was near the garage door and towels were around his shoulders where blood would not run out under the garage door, which was closed, and which can be seen from the street if anyone was down that dead end street, they were the last house..........There was also a blob of blood as if the head was sat down on the garage floor, once again Holloway is saying he was not murdered where he lay, probably somewhere else entirely...talking out of both sides of his mouth.....then why was the head there draining blood? Whose blood was in the garage? Why drag him AFTER you have beheaded him? where did they drag him from or to?
I would like to know which way his upper body was turned, if drag marks are going IN the garage or drag marks going towards the driveway out of the garage?

I can't figure this one out?
but saturday extortion for cash when banks are closed??

and
drag marks thru the blood in garage tells me he was beheaded there, maybe hit outside the garage but no blood would be in there if beheaded elsewhere too

IM CONFUSED

Lawdog did you find out who the guests were at the party?

interesting information discussed about 8:00 minutes and blunders in the tara case that remind me of this one in some ways, of course we know SS has done quite a bit but it stopped and he's waiting for a phone call, give us more information, turn it over to a cold case investigator or something! The public solves crimes,help us help, what else can we know?
http://www.upandvanished.com/case-evidence

In the beginning, there was speculation that the man seen in the front yard was using the hose to clean the blood off his knife/hands. Good to know that it was a white male. There could have been DNA on the hose and the faucet.

The towels may have been used to hold the shoulders up so they would have the right angle to completely cut off the head. Can towels have touch DNA on them or would the surface be too rough?

How many sons do they have besides the one that was killed?
Besides the one deceased, they have 2 sons and 1 daughter. All three are married.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Hey Watcher

I guess he very could have been washing blood, risky tho, no trash bags were brought? Didnt want to get any from house? I've been reading this a long time, I dont even recall that, thanks....ON the other hand, gah, I just dont know how someone could see thru all those trees and tell it was a man, and if they could see it was a white male, was there no hair color? and WHAT was he doing? Gah this drives me insane, lol, so close yet so far....just one little bit more and SS could have had a lead, just never know.. YEah IM glad they saw a white male, the only problem is, was it MR Dermond? Since no one came forward, could have been RD since he's no longer with us, he can't come forward............but....since he was in his boxers and robe and t shirt, he was probably not in the yard and was one of the perps but who knows

.. I had wondered about him being moved and if it was to position him also but didnt think about the towels being used for props...the bone and cartilage isnt so thick there is my understanding, mostly flesh, dont know how difficult that would be but if he's laying flat ......but I guess Sworn speculated it was too keep blood from running out of the garage yet in the beginning of this whole ordeal, didnt they say there WASN'T much blood? Im confused. but if it was a significant amount, towels could have been used for both reasons, maybe they dragged him around midway thru the ordeal.. like you said, for better positioning, hmmm, that makes sense dragging and turning and using towels for prop then to soak up blood

yes Nancy, 2 sons, one daughter in NC, what are you pondering ?

In the beginning, there was speculation that the man seen in the front yard was using the hose to clean the blood off his knife/hands. Good to know that it was a white male. There could have been DNA on the hose and the faucet.

The towels may have been used to hold the shoulders up so they would have the right angle to completely cut off the head. Can towels have touch DNA on them or would the surface be too rough?

Well, dancin, I'm thinking 3 possible suspects, but hopefully I'm very wrong..

I'm still focusing on the person in the yard. White male is what SS is telling us as of now and that could change at anytime. The witness said according to SS that they could see it was a white male but that's all. I find that hard to believe and I think SS is holding back more info because he got a description and it matches the person he has always suspected but for some reason he can't say because his evidence can be explained and he wouldn't get a conviction. He's had enough time now to put together enough info to keep this mystery active hoping someone ( who knows exactly what happened ) turns on the murderer .SS says he has all forms of evidence but I think that evidence can easily be contested and he needs someone to tell him they know what happened and who and why. Cod case team in Jacksonville i'm betting was not really a cold case team but just a detective or 2 he was getting help from because they were close to the suspect and they could keep an eye on him hoping he slips up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert