Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I can see HIM having that reaction of hoping he still has a wife, but not her worrying about him. Sorry...no words will EVER change my mind.

Those 5 words forever changed how I saw her.......
Did.you.say.too.much.

Period.

bbm

Same here. My jaw dropped when I read what she said. No doubt. She knew. She knew.

It's almost like she doesn't believe he intentionally sexted minors and hired prostitutes either. She just makes excuses saying he was “lost” or on a “destructive path”, like it was the devil's fault. It's extremely disturbing to think how she may have rationalized defending him on the murder charge since it wouldn't bring her son back anyway.

In the interrogation room, she was already rationalizing what he had done by comparing what happened to a child drowning in an pool. Her overriding worry then was whether Ross really wanted to stay married and have more kids with her, followed by concern for his job. She had also just sent him emails about a local hot car death and the newly launched “look again” campaign which they would have been actively discussing since it was her biggest fear and all. Is that why she felt the need to tell him over and over again that she knew he didn't? Was it the devil?

BBM
Yes, DaisyK, it was and is the Devil. The Devil named Ross (lucifer, Beelzebub, Satan, Serpent, Wicked One, bla bla bla) Harris. No blue dress in this case.
If the name fits...

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyKaren View Post
OK, I am probably the only one on here that thinks the jury got it wrong. Now hear this: I believe Ross Harris is a low-down, cheating scoundrel, and I don't doubt he deserves to be in jail for other things, like sexting a 15 year old girl for example. But even after watching the Dateline episode, reading everything I could find about the case, seeing what you all have to say on here, and watching the 20/20 show, I still believe that it was a tragic accident. I suppose I will be lambasted from here to eternity by you guys, but I just had to say it. I think you're wrong. And that doesn't mean I don't care about that little boy. But I also don't just jump on bandwagons because of wanting someone to pay, when I think something was truly a horrific accident. I have many theories as to the various points made, but I won't waste time here listing them. You all seem to have made up your minds. What I saw in all of this were disturbing things, all of which point to him being a disgusting man... and I'll even go as far as to say he was probably especially distracted by his online behavior... but even then, it would be negligent homicide, not malice murder. I just don't think it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he did this intentionally. And the fact that his ex-wife still believes after all of it that he did not do it on purpose is really important to me. She did not "defend" him in order to stay with him, folks. She divorced him. She said she never wants to see him again. She says he ruined her life. BUT... she will NOT say that he intentionally murdered their son. Because she knows it is not true. And I may be the only one, but I believe her.

KentuckyKaren, I appreciate your opinion and respect you for being able to stand up and voice what you believe.
We need opinions for both sides of cases and who we believe to be guilty or not guilty, this is what makes the world go round and defines us as individuals. Kudos.

One love, one blood, one life, you got to do what you should.
One life with each other: sisters and brothers. One life, but we're not the same.
We get to carry each other.

I also dig your name, KentuckyKaren.

Perhaps you've never met anyone with a personality disorder. My wife is CONSTANTLY on my back about what she's afraid I'm going to say. Nothing sinister - it's just like every auto insurance card starts with "...in the event of an accident, say nothing."

There is nothing normal about a wife staying married to man who left her baby to die a slow and excruciating death while he was sexting multiple women and underage girls. Cooper died in 6/14 and Leanna didn't file for divorce until 2/16, so it doesn't appear that her son's death was the reason. Perhaps she was going to be too “humiliated” once the sex with prostitutes and men came out at trial or it could have been a defense strategy. In any case, it's really not much of a stretch to believe she would stay with him even if she knew it was deliberate.

Ross knew she would forgive him and back up his story about the “accident” too. One example is when Ross said he dropped Cooper off “most of the time” (the truth) which quickly changed to “a flip of the coin” then it “wasn't even the majority of the time” and suddenly he couldn't even remember who dropped him off the day before. Ross made a point of telling Leanna how he told the detectives that it was “up in the air” who dropped Cooper off in the mornings so she would back him up. Of course the daycare told the truth, so they couldn't stick with that lie. Imo, she wasn't even remotely credible as a witness, especially when she refused to even acknowledge that Ross is a sex addict who lived a double life.

I followed this case since the beginning and I always believe he's guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I'm glad the jury also believed the same.

I read through a lot of the threads and there seems to be a consistent confusion about Ross Harris's motives. Many people seem to think he was wanting to divorce his wife and didn't want to pay child support.

The "man child" demeanor of RH strikes me as very similar to men I've seen over the years who don't want to be married, but want to stay with their wives for economic reasons. I was married to someone like this and even though we knew it wasn't going to work out he refused to move out and separate and since I had 3 kids I couldn't really do it myself.

It was very confusing to live with him because it was obvious he did care about me and love me, but he didn't want to be married and put zero effort into Marriage. When I finally was able to get him to leave he bounced back and was able to create a successful life for himself. But he wasted the best years of my life for two reasons:

He was afraid to leave because he didn't want to look like a failure in the marriage.

He was cheap and didn't want to spend his own money.

I think this is RH's personality. I think he didn't want to be a father in the real sense of the word and if CH was out of the picture he'd have LH to lean on for paying half the bills and he'd still be able to have his affairs on the side. In fact the death of his son would make him a huge victim and be a giant excuse for any mistakes thereafter.

He just expected people to feel sorry for him and believe him because he'd been interacting with teens for so long he felt like a master manipulator not realizing that police officers aren't gullible teenaged girls. You can see when he was trying to impress the cops with his "PO" insider knowledge, this is something a teenager might be impressed with but an adult would see as really weird.

I think he was sick of the work that comes along with being a father and realized that he was stuck financially for the next 18 years so this was his easy out.

There are a few intentional car deaths happening this past week... glad we have this precedent

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Any updates on how JRH is doing behind bars? I haven't seen anything, but if he is in PC, there is probably nothing to report.

Any updates on how JRH is doing behind bars? I haven't seen anything, but if he is in PC, there is probably nothing to report.

I haven't heard, but I'll find his address and you can write him and let us know his reply! Lol!!!

Cooper's 5th birthday was yesterday.

Happy Birthday Cooper! :balloons::bdscroll:

Thanks to funds raised via Facebook, there is finally a grave marker for Cooper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4757318/Ross-Harris-dead-son-gets-grave-marker-birthday.html

This is quite telling. You are loved lil Cooper, too bad it's complete strangers and you are now a sweet Angel in Heaven. :angel:

I bet ole ross is having the time of his life, living it up with all his new friends in a skanky, nasty and damp prison in Georgia, where it is hot and humid as hades most of the time.

How is the new air conditioner working out for ya, rossie boy? I bet they are playing Pin The Tail On the Donkey, right about now.

Was it worth it, ross?

Happy Birthday, Cooper. :candle:
Thanks for the reminder, JerseyGirl.

I read through a lot of the threads and there seems to be a consistent confusion about Ross Harris's motives. Many people seem to think he was wanting to divorce his wife and didn't want to pay child support.

The "man child" demeanor of RH strikes me as very similar to men I've seen over the years who don't want to be married, but want to stay with their wives for economic reasons. I was married to someone like this and even though we knew it wasn't going to work out he refused to move out and separate and since I had 3 kids I couldn't really do it myself.

It was very confusing to live with him because it was obvious he did care about me and love me, but he didn't want to be married and put zero effort into Marriage. When I finally was able to get him to leave he bounced back and was able to create a successful life for himself. But he wasted the best years of my life for two reasons:

He was afraid to leave because he didn't want to look like a failure in the marriage.

He was cheap and didn't want to spend his own money.

I think this is RH's personality. I think he didn't want to be a father in the real sense of the word and if CH was out of the picture he'd have LH to lean on for paying half the bills and he'd still be able to have his affairs on the side. In fact the death of his son would make him a huge victim and be a giant excuse for any mistakes thereafter.

He just expected people to feel sorry for him and believe him because he'd been interacting with teens for so long he felt like a master manipulator not realizing that police officers aren't gullible teenaged girls. You can see when he was trying to impress the cops with his "PO" insider knowledge, this is something a teenager might be impressed with but an adult would see as really weird.

I think he was sick of the work that comes along with being a father and realized that he was stuck financially for the next 18 years so this was his easy out.

You nailed it, Chewy. From top to bottom and side to side, the game ross harris was playing was only for himself.

Cooper's 5th birthday was yesterday.

Happy Birthday Cooper! :balloons::bdscroll:

Happy Birthday in Heaven Cooper!

It is a shame Ross was so self serving that he had to murder his son. Ross makes me ill still!

So sad, yet so true. Leanna Harris keeps saying how her goal is to "restore her son's legacy" but all she has done is defend his killer.

And ask strangers to pay for a gravestone for Cooper. According to DaisyK's link:

For three years since his death, the young boy's grave was an unmarked plot at the Tuscaloosa Memorial Park Cemewtery in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Various groups on Facebook rallied to raise funds over the past two years so that his grave could be properly marked. Nearly $1,800 in donations were raised. Cooper's mom Leanna selected the marker and had it placed in time for Cooper's birthday.

My bolding. IMO I don't think for one moment that Leanna wasn't financially able to buy a grave marker for Cooper over a period of three years. Nor do I believe that Cooper's other relatives - grandparents, aunts, uncles, godparents, cousins, etc. were so financially strapped that they couldn't contribute even a penny towards the marker.

So, what does it all mean? One possibility that crossed my mind was that Leanna was so angry at the public that she may have felt it was someone else's responsibility to honor her son. Like all those people on sm who dissed her (now ex) husband. Or maybe she was seeking some sort of validation for her sm rants. Who knows?

All I know is that Cooper's grave went unmarked for three long years while Leanna defended the man who put him in that grave. While she was busy calling attention to herself yet again, ranting and railing at the very people she was asking to donate funds for Cooper's marker she managed to get contact lenses, highlight her hair, move to a new city and find a new boyfriend.

I have no sympathy for her. I'm just sorry that she was so blinded by her indignation that couldn't find it in herself to honor her poor little boy.

MOO.

I just watched the Dateline show on this. What shocks me is all the friends and family that still stand by RH, and believe to this day it was just an accident. Did any of his friends or family come out that they believed he was guilty, anyone know?

Ugh I hate seeing his name in my notifications.....hope he rots in jail.

J.M.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member