OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BCI told me that I did upset the family after i took some video and pics from UHR and that by being "nosey"I have introduced myself into a bad situation and "that things aren't looking well for you".I'm also a lurker on Topix and i'm thinking after i did post a few comments about someone laughing at the death of the family,that maybe they were able to find out my identity that way.

They said they found my number from the white pages.

LE could have seen you driving past then stopping to take pictures and video and ran your tag number. They would have naturally wanted to know who you were and why you were there taking pics. If your tag had came back to a MSM reporter or other legit person then you probably would not have gotten a call.

How long ago did you take the pictures and video? Was it right after the murders? And how long ago did you receive this call? If it was right after the murders you were there then they could just now be getting around to investigating you. Or LE could still be watching the crime scenes.

Then again maybe some of the family saw you and got your tag number and reported it to LE.

The big disruption shows me that they were ready for that and willing to beat the crap out of them for whatever reason it was, that they were there. This is why I don't think they saw this coming. These folks were fighters. They'd not have been caught off guard like this, if they thought they were in danger. Not that they would have won the fight, but they'd have at least got some shots off, and maybe even nailed one. The Rs very likely had firearms and knew how to use them. I think they were just blindsided.

BBM

Or maybe just didn't think their "best friend" would do that to them.

Most of the plants came from a state of the art underground growing operation located beneath a massive building on Mayhill Road. It was estimated it could produce $4 million worth of pot in a year.

BBM

For the sake of argument, what if we decide to believe DeWine when he said the R's had a major grow op? The R's also had a massive building on the property. CR1 also had heavy earth moving equipment. He used it to work at BBL. Could there have been a huge grow op under that barn/building on the property?

And could they have had a partner. Maybe best friend BW or RW of BBL or both?

It would make sense about BJM coming every day to "feed the animals". We have long speculated that she might have been helping with the MJ.

Didn't LE backtrack on some of those grow operation claims? But then, I guess it is hard to discredit their claims with no evidence either way. Not one pot plant leaf was ever shown much less a grow operation. The only evidence we have of pot is DS's comment about a flat of plants found in the garage AFTER he found KR dead. That has never made sense, either...
D

Good point. Whomever came after them the night of the murders was someone they didn't expect. Perhaps people they didn't know or know very well. But whomever it was, they knew the Rhodens, their habits, where they lived and slept, the weapons they did have, etc. What caused them to be "off guard", I wonder? Was there some reason why they thought the people they had been fighting with in weeks prior were not a threat at that time? Were there usually a lot of gossip, texts, etc. that warned them when the local folks were coming over for a fight? If so, the local grapevine must have been quiet the night of the murders.

BBM

Or someone they knew extremely well and didn't think was capable of doing something like that.

Like a long time "best friend".

Maybe helped by a family member who you also didn't think was capable of doing something like that.

And that's why the local Ohio politicians quickly passed the medical MJ law. It's a pretty strict law, according to the way its written, covering only people who have a doctor's prescription. Seems there will still be a demand for recreational users who can't get one. The numbers of patients the new growers are expecting to serve, according to their applications, seems rather small. Some anticipate only serving a couple hundred patients per year the first 2 years.

How does this explain the state giving a permit to an AZ company, one of whose owners has "agricultural" businesses headquartered in Sinaloa, Mexico and who has business associates and friends in the Sinaloa cartel?

BBM

I have never smoked MJ. Indeed I have never even seen MJ. I don't know anyone who does smoke MJ. But I strongly believe it should be legalized by the federal government and packaged, taxed and sold in liquor stores like alcohol. That would at least slow down some of the Mexican drug cartel business in the USA.

Did you know that MJ, and heroin, cocaine, morphine, and most other hard drugs are all legal in Mexico in small quantities? Under a certain amount for personal use. My DIL told me the Mexican government passed a law a few years back legalizing most drugs.

The big disruption shows me that they were ready for that and willing to beat the crap out of them for whatever reason it was, that they were there. This is why I don't think they saw this coming. These folks were fighters. They'd not have been caught off guard like this, if they thought they were in danger. Not that they would have won the fight, but they'd have at least got some shots off, and maybe even nailed one. The Rs very likely had firearms and knew how to use them. I think they were just blindsided.

BBM

I agree the R's were fighters. As the old saying goes they "would fight at the drop of a hat" and they would sometimes drop that hat themselves.

But they were not killers. Since most of us project our own behavior onto others they would never have expected anyone they were related to or were friends with to be killers either. So yes they knew there might be trouble. A good old fashioned fight that they had a good chance of winning. So in a sense you are right. They were blindsided. Because they underestimated just how far their opponents were willing to go to win the fight.

I think that who ever killed them was close to them. They knew them well enough to know their habits, where security cameras were, knew the dogs ect. There is no way a Mexican drug cartel, or any drug cartel could have known that. Or any stranger for that matter.

Yes they could have been watching and maybe put together a pattern of movements by the family. But those security cameras could have been installed years ago. Even if they were installed just a few weeks before it would have been impossible for anyone lurking around watching the homes to see all the places they were installed. Remember this was a rural area. No buildings across the street or down the road to hide behind and watch the family. No where to hide that the dogs would not have found you and alerted the family to your presence. And any strange vehicle parked for any length of time would have been noticed and checked out. Even if you hid in a tree the dogs would have sniffed you out.

I just don't see a stranger as the killer. It was too remote an area for a stranger to be able to watch the family close enough to not only know all their habits, (when they worked, what time they were home, when they went to bed, ect,) but also know where all the security cameras were. This just was not a area where you could park in a car and watch the comings and goings of the family members.

For someone to know all that it had to be a close friend or family member. Maybe even someone who helped install all those security cameras.

Good point. Whomever came after them the night of the murders was someone they didn't expect. Perhaps people they didn't know or know very well. But whomever it was, they knew the Rhodens, their habits, where they lived and slept, the weapons they did have, etc. What caused them to be "off guard", I wonder? Was there some reason why they thought the people they had been fighting with in weeks prior were not a threat at that time? Were there usually a lot of gossip, texts, etc. that warned them when the local folks were coming over for a fight? If so, the local grapevine must have been quiet the night of the murders.

I believe, that, if they knew what they'd done to poke the bear, that the Rs were over confident that they had the upper hand. Said bear was possibly awakened, and growling, but they didn't feel it would charge at them. They were "R****n strong". This is where I get my blackmail, or it's family, theories. This bear may have been sleeping for awhile but they poked it one too many times.

An intruder or two may have been shot that night at CR1's place for all we know. It sounds like there could have been a shoot out with his wounds....

It's possible. With the number of wounds on CR1 and the lack of them on GR, I think they probably shot GR separate from CR1. They killed one, possibly GR, and CR1 came out of the back on them and I've a feeling the assailant(s) just unloaded on him for stopping power. It was probably dark in there and they were aiming for center mass, but lots of movement in a small, dark, space. When he went down, then, the head shots.

Most of the plants came from a state of the art underground growing operation located beneath a massive building on Mayhill Road. It was estimated it could produce $4 million worth of pot in a year.

BBM

For the sake of argument, what if we decide to believe DeWine when he said the R's had a major grow op? The R's also had a massive building on the property. CR1 also had heavy earth moving equipment. He used it to work at BBL. Could there have been a huge grow op under that barn/building on the property?

And could they have had a partner. Maybe best friend BW or RW of BBL or both?

It would make sense about BJM coming every day to "feed the animals". We have long speculated that she might have been helping with the MJ.

BBM
I've not ruled them out yet.
I've looked at that big barn six ways from Sunday, and it appears, to me, that it has a dirt floor. I can't say 100%, or even 90%, for sure, but it appears that it would. I don't see anything, structurally, that hints to a basement. Here's a couple views. I think that the R's plants were young plants. It's even possible they purchased clones from the busted location. They also could have been raising the plants indoors, til after last frost probability, and then moving them outside, in their own containers. Even outdoorrs they'd still want to tend them because they'd not want them to get too tall, but they could disperse them so as not to have a big green patch when the helicopters flew over. No electric bill increases either.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• rhodenbarn4.jpg
    rhodenbarn4.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 168
  • rhodenbarnpikecountymurdersmobilehomes1.jpg
    rhodenbarnpikecountymurdersmobilehomes1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 166
Didn't LE backtrack on some of those grow operation claims? But then, I guess it is hard to discredit their claims with no evidence either way. Not one pot plant leaf was ever shown much less a grow operation. The only evidence we have of pot is DS's comment about a flat of plants found in the garage AFTER he found KR dead. That has never made sense, either...
D

It went frrom very sophisticated grows, to it's not about a couple little grows. I think the word sophisticated was Dewine's. I'd say anything with a grow lamp, a water line, and a bunch of seedlings, might be called sophisticated to him. He probably passed out when he saw the Eury grow room.

BBM

I agree the R's were fighters. As the old saying goes they "would fight at the drop of a hat" and they would sometimes drop that hat themselves.

But they were not killers. Since most of us project our own behavior onto others they would never have expected anyone they were related to or were friends with to be killers either. So yes they knew there might be trouble. A good old fashioned fight that they had a good chance of winning. So in a sense you are right. They were blindsided. Because they underestimated just how far their opponents were willing to go to win the fight.

I think that who ever killed them was close to them. They knew them well enough to know their habits, where security cameras were, knew the dogs ect. There is no way a Mexican drug cartel, or any drug cartel could have known that. Or any stranger for that matter.

Yes they could have been watching and maybe put together a pattern of movements by the family. But those security cameras could have been installed years ago. Even if they were installed just a few weeks before it would have been impossible for anyone lurking around watching the homes to see all the places they were installed. Remember this was a rural area. No buildings across the street or down the road to hide behind and watch the family. No where to hide that the dogs would not have found you and alerted the family to your presence. And any strange vehicle parked for any length of time would have been noticed and checked out. Even if you hid in a tree the dogs would have sniffed you out.

I just don't see a stranger as the killer. It was too remote an area for a stranger to be able to watch the family close enough to not only know all their habits, (when they worked, what time they were home, when they went to bed, ect,) but also know where all the security cameras were. This just was not a area where you could park in a car and watch the comings and goings of the family members.

For someone to know all that it had to be a close friend or family member. Maybe even someone who helped install all those security cameras.

Agree. I'm not nearly as remote as them and if a car pulls over in the little gravel spot near us, I'm all ears and eyes. I've got lights on, on the porch. The dogs are sounding off and I'm calling them back. It's a regular circus. They usually start back up, and move right on down the road. It was someone they knew. I'd almost bet the farm on it.

BBM

I agree to the extent that someone close to them was part of the team of people who planned the attack and killed them. But, unless the Rhoden's close friends and family were experienced, professional killers, its difficult to see how they pulled off this crime. As the retired DEA agent said at the beginning of the investigation, this was a professional hit job.

BBM

I have never smoked MJ. Indeed I have never even seen MJ. I don't know anyone who does smoke MJ. But I strongly believe it should be legalized by the federal government and packaged, taxed and sold in liquor stores like alcohol. That would at least slow down some of the Mexican drug cartel business in the USA.

Did you know that MJ, and heroin, cocaine, morphine, and most other hard drugs are all legal in Mexico in small quantities? Under a certain amount for personal use. My DIL told me the Mexican government passed a law a few years back legalizing most drugs.

All of those used to be legal in the U.S., too, including LSD, the Psilocybin Mushrooms (shrooms), MDMA (ecstacy), Opium, and even Methamphetamine (it was used to treat depression and alcoholism, and I've read it was given to our troops in WWII to keep them alert).

It seems every time our gov't declares "war" on something, it never gets better. All that they did when they outlawed Opium, Heroin, Cocaine, and the other drugs, made from plants, was to make Big Pharma copies, for which doctors could write scrips, and if one were likely to develop an addiction from the outlawed ones, they were just as likely to develop an addiction from the new Big Pharma copies. I agree, weed should be legalized across the board. You cannot o.d. off of weed. It has health benefits and very low risks. Putting it in a class equal to Heroin is ludicrous. Until this Fentanyl has started arriving from overseas, alcohol has killed more people each year than any of the banned drugs, and any of the opiates that Big Pharma has rolled out. However, cocaine and heroin dealers aren't likely to have lobbyists.

More interesting news about the state's permit process for legalized MJ grow ops:

Did Ohio hire a drug felon to score medical marijuana applications?

http://www.dispatch.com/news/201712...felon-to-score-medical-marijuana-applications

Yes, it appears they did hire a drug felon to review the applications. The state is looking very corrupt in running this program.

“Did the Department of Commerce not think it important to check and report the fact that at least one of the scorers of the medical marijuana control program had a criminal record for dealing drugs ... did they require a background check to get a license, but not to give a license?” Gould asked in a statement.

Court records verified by The Dispatch show a Trevor C. Bozeman was convicted of manufacturing, delivering and possessing drugs, with intent to manufacture or deliver, in Middleburg, Pennsylvania, in 2005.

Not believing any excuses about having a hard time hiring someone with "experience". There are plenty of people with general ag, pharma and business experience who haven't been convicted for dealing drugs.

Another article:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/12/ohio_hired_convicted_felon_to.html

Is there corruption in Ohio government when it comes to drug dealers and the illegal drug trade?

More interesting news about the state's permit process for legalized MJ grow ops:

http://www.dispatch.com/news/201712...felon-to-score-medical-marijuana-applications

Yes, it appears they did hire a drug felon to review the applications. The state is looking very corrupt in running this program.

Not believing any excuses about having a hard time hiring someone with "experience". There are plenty of people with general ag, pharma and business experience who haven't been convicted for dealing drugs.

Another article:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/12/ohio_hired_convicted_felon_to.html

Is there corruption in Ohio government when it comes to drug dealers and the illegal drug trade?

I've been curious all along what the Feds are gaining with the states legalizing pot, recreational or medical. All transactions are cash. They can't use banks unless something has changed. How are the feds taxing the income? How would they know all income is being reported with cash only transactions? Can the feds suddenly shut it all down and confiscate everything? What a can of worms this is turning out to be...
I

BBM
I've not ruled them out yet.
I've looked at that big barn six ways from Sunday, and it appears, to me, that it has a dirt floor. I can't say 100%, or even 90%, for sure, but it appears that it would. I don't see anything, structurally, that hints to a basement. Here's a couple views. I think that the R's plants were young plants. It's even possible they purchased clones from the busted location. They also could have been raising the plants indoors, til after last frost probability, and then moving them outside, in their own containers. Even outdoorrs they'd still want to tend them because they'd not want them to get too tall, but they could disperse them so as not to have a big green patch when the helicopters flew over. No electric bill increases either.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I have never understood the size or shape of that barn if it was to be used for working on or storing cars. I thought maybe it was a prefab that was bought cheap because it didn't sell. Then I wondered if it was "gifted" or financed by someone to be payed off from it being used for a grow operation and CR1 backed out of the agreement for some reason after it was built... That would bring about some hard feelings. Not only are they not getting paid back, they are not getting product and CR1 has knowledge of their operation and people involved....

Another article:

And now this: http://wdtn.com/2017/12/06/yost-calls-for-suspension-of-marijuana-cultivator-licenses/

Agree. From the beginning, this seemed very much like someone sending a message to LE or anyone else who might cross them. It was a power move intended for a wide audience.

OK, maybe I "worded" my opinion wrong. My comment about the "killers" was meant as, they didn't think that anyone (public) would be interested in the killing of 8 people, (hillbilly drug users?), and poor. In other words, they the killers, didn't think it was such a big deal to kill these people as they didn't consider them as people. Does that make sense? We consider it a great crime because we think they matter, but the killers didn't.

Iirc, DR, was detailing the cars that CR1 was purchasing, and fixing. The folks who owned the BBL , also owned the car lot, where DR placed her cars. I too think they were going to try and get a license at some point and start their own lot. CR1 and FR were good mechanics, and DR seemed to be a hard worker. I keep wondering about all of them being connected with these two businesses. Did they come across something that they had to die for? All of the deceased, had ties to one or both businesses, in common.
And, don't forget they were going after Dana for taxes on some of those cars she had sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26