Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying.....my experience with therapists in family matters has been terrible! Just looking for their paycheck!

It depends on if you get a regular counselor or one certified in Marriage and family therapy specifically. It's an entirely different dynamic that occurs within families. One has to analyze patterns of communication--verbal and non verbal (down to how the family arranges itself physically in the room) that have to be considered. It's the equivalent of going to see a podiatrist for a heart problem. While getting my degree in MFT, we had to do several week long residentials. Other branches of the human services were there as well. To expose the different groups to the primary theories that guide practice, there would be branch specific lectures. the other branches would always be shocked at the differences in our approaches. Most branches focus on the individual and individual pathology And are not trained to look at interactions BETWEEN people, and what kind of patterns of behavior each one has brought to the relationship. That's not to say that MFT doesn't acknowledge pathology..obviously there are people with severe mental disorders that affect relationships. It's just not the primary focus. It's a shame that social workers in particular are not trained in the MFT Methods. It would make a big difference. Unfortunately we MFT's are a minority branch of the human services. Lol ok I'm sure that's more than u wanted to know but I like to try to help people understand why "family therapy" often doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious as well. These threads have been impossible for me to keep up with!!

I wish we had two threads - one for news and updates and one for theories and discussion. When there's really no new info coming in the discussion takes over and you have to scroll through so much to find the little bit of new info...just my opinion.

Something I keep meaning to bring up but then get sidetracked -

I noticed the acronym CPS given related to the documents didn't refer to Child Protective Services. It said CPS (Certification Practice Statement).

See quote here

CPS workers do have to fill out paperwork with an official statement. If think it just so happens to have the same initials. CPS is only one of many acronyms used to describe social services.

I sure don't find them reliable. They have an agenda. I do not believe Kristy told a friend where to find the body when the police were already breathing down her neck. LE has very carefully not said how they knew where to find the body.
I'd have an agenda too, CPS ought to be held as accessories to murder. I'd have an agenda to get those boys out of that situation too. CPS Didn't listen before Mariah was sent back to get sacrificed,and slaughtered.
Now the whole world will listen. For the sake of those boys.
How many times does this have to happen before CPS listens?
I Don't blame him. I blame CPS. They had all the Power to prevent Mariah's death, the beatings, and everything else that happened.
Bottom line.
They did not listen.

I'd have an agenda too, CPS ought to be held as accessories to murder. I'd have an agenda to get those boys out of that situation too. CPS Didn't listen before Mariah was sent back to get sacrificed,and slaughtered.
Now the whole world will listen. For the sake of those boys.
How many times does this have to happen before CPS listens?
I Don't blame him. I blame CPS. They had all the Power to prevent Mariah's death, the beatings, and everything else that happened.
Bottom line.
They did not listen.

It happens too many times unfortunately.

Me too.

I'm hoping that there might be a scientific way of establishing from vegetation or other wildlife in the water that might have settled on her skin that they might have a way of establishing the state of decomposition of her body before she was put there. But she could have been put inside something like a box? Too many variables really to wonder about.

I'd been wondering also if she wasn't at least wrapped in something?
Or just dumped?
The thought of her little body all alone in he cold, dark...ugh.

NGrace said on her last podcast that Mariah was found "face down" :(

I feel for the poor diver who found her -- being elated and relieved at finally finding her; then being equally distressed by what (s)he has just found.
That's got to be tough to do.

I've been thinking.

KW posted some memes on facebook about "what's done is done and what's gone is gone" and another one about relationships ending, and another one to the effect of being lonely and forgotten about. All pretty revealing of her state of mind in the 4 days before Thanksgiving.

She knows at some point EK is (ab)using Mariah for his sexual needs. Her true feelings about that we don't know, she may have gone from thinking it was amusing or even a turn on ( :sick: :sick: ) one time, or even as a punishment to Mariah for being a beautiful 'blonde' baby who got lots of adoration and attention for being the first or only granddaughter, to in the end feeling Mariah had replaced her. Especially if her and EK were fighting, which the memes that week allude to.

Her pink hair bow (I know sorry :) ! I won't post it again) looks like an attempt to become Mariah.

What is going on in this picture?

46C41CDD00000578-5136951-image-m-39_1512147949881.jpg

Why is she feeding the doll for the picture? Mariah doesn't want her to. Everything about her body and face speaks to her feelings about her mum doing that. She has switched off, gone blank. Mum is oblivious, the picture is about her.

There is one thing that KW said in the missing appeal when asked what Mariah means to her:

"she's got the personality of make you laugh [...] she knows how to make your day brighter".

That is to say she treated only-just-3-years-old Mariah as knowing the needs of those around her. It's seeing Mariah as mature.

I can see motive for her wanting to hurt Mariah in a flash of temper, along with other scenarios where Mariah dies at the hands of EK.

I commented on Mariah's body language in that photo earlier, thanks for reposting the pic. You can tell she's not pleased about the hug and she does look "shut down" as you stated. Look at her eyes (they look flat and lifeless) and mouth, she seems to clutch her doll, like she's protecting her but her other arm is straight while mom is grabbing at her. There's a lot going on in her little mind, you can just see it. Very sad.

I'd been wondering also if she wasn't at least wrapped in something?
Or just dumped?
The thought of her little body all alone in he cold, dark...ugh.

NGrace said on her last podcast that Mariah was found "face down" :(

I feel for the poor diver who found her -- being elated and relieved at finally finding her; then being equally distressed by what (s)he has just found.
That's got to be tough to do.

It must be a horrible job for those people that recover children that have come to harm. I don't know how they do it?

I've been thinking.

KW posted some memes on facebook about "what's done is done and what's gone is gone" and another one about relationships ending, and another one to the effect of being lonely and forgotten about. All pretty revealing of her state of mind in the 4 days before Thanksgiving.

She knows at some point EK is (ab)using Mariah for his sexual needs. Her true feelings about that we don't know, she may have gone from thinking it was amusing or even a turn on ( :sick: :sick: ) one time, or even as a punishment to Mariah for being a beautiful 'blonde' baby who got lots of adoration and attention for being the first or only granddaughter, to in the end feeling Mariah had replaced her. Especially if her and EK were fighting, which the memes that week allude to.

Her pink hair bow (I know sorry :) ! I won't post it again) looks like an attempt to become Mariah.

What is going on in this picture?

Why is she feeding the doll for the picture? Mariah doesn't want her to. Everything about her body and face speaks to her feelings about her mum doing that. She has switched off, gone blank. Mum is oblivious, the picture is about her.

There is one thing that KW said in the missing appeal when asked what Mariah means to her:

"she's got the personality of make you laugh [...] she knows how to make your day brighter".

That is to say she treated only-just-3-years-old Mariah as knowing the needs of those around her. It's seeing Mariah as mature.

I can see motive for her wanting to hurt Mariah in a flash of temper, along with other scenarios where Mariah dies at the hands of EK.

I agree with u on MW's body language and mom
Being totally Oblivious. Also agree with: "That is to say she treated only-just-3-years-old Mariah as knowing the needs of those around her" -- developmentally inappropriate expectations are a mistake made by so many parents, and is often the basis for punishment/abuse [emoji35]
Re: the hairbow, believe I've seen another pic of Mariah alone on that same day with the pink bow on her head. LooksLike a bow from a present and I assume MW stuck it on her own head to be silly.

I wish we had two threads - one for news and updates and one for theories and discussion. When there's really no new info coming in the discussion takes over and you have to scroll through so much to find the little bit of new info...just my opinion.

ColdPizza said earlier that she will be making a separate Media Thread soon.
:)

She looks so sad in that picture

Why is she feeding the doll for the picture? Mariah doesn't want her to. Everything about her body and face speaks to her feelings about her mum doing that. She has switched off, gone blank. Mum is oblivious, the picture is about her. ...
(sbm for focus)

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw that photo, and when I saw the facebook logo in the coner, I couldn't believe she had actually posted that to FB, with how unhappy Mariah looked.

tbh, when I first saw it several days ago, before the CPS document leak...
I was reading into that photo: a tired, cranky Mariah was refusing to pose with the new doll, for EK to to take a pic... and EK was beginning to get angry, so KHW jumped in, to appease hothead EK and avoid a DV incident.

But after the info that has come out recently... now I don't know what to think!

Anything which could possibly be entered into evidence at a trial is sealed. It may be released to public prior to trial if it is of little evidentiary value or it may be released after trial as it falls under the scope of FOIA, but don't read too much into every detail.

Anything which could possibly be entered into evidence at a trial is sealed. It may be released to public prior to trial if it is of little evidentiary value or it may be released after trial as it falls under the scope of FOIA, but don't read too much into every detail.

:wagon:

Something I keep meaning to bring up but then get sidetracked -

I noticed the acronym CPS given related to the documents didn't refer to Child Protective Services. It said CPS (Certification Practice Statement).

See quote here

Oh no, here I go again. I hope this hasn't been addressed 12 times because I, too, cannot devote too much time to this today.

This is an interesting point. Fwiw, iirc from personal experience, in Onslow County they refer to the department to which one would report concerns of child neglect etc as DCFS, the department of child and family services, I believe. It wasn't until I moved out of state that I heard CPS as a term for the department one would call Child Protective Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member