Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disgusted. Just been on Facebook, and one of the groups have posted a pic of Marian's casket, after the family asking no pics to be taken. They have been asked to remove the photo, and won't. Comments in there are disgusting. Yes it's just the casket, you can't see Mariah, but they have no respect. It was something I expected to happen, with public being allowed. But they were told no pictures/phones/cameras.

They should contact FB and ask the photo be removed.

Revisiting the floor plan question for the single wide mobile home.
This one is a 3-bed, Master on one end, other 2 beds on the opposite end. https://mobilehomeliving.org/wp-content/uploads/single-wide-floor-plan-bedroom-on-end-930x197.gif

This one is a 2 bed, and has the Master/bathroom/bedroom configuration a poster was talking about. https://mobilehomeliving.org/wp-content/uploads/Sunwood-skyline-homes-floor-plan.jpg

I think the first one is closest.

I agree. I think theirs has to be a 3-BR 2-BA model. I tried to count the windows that I could see on the photo that appeared in one of the news articles. There were 4 windows on the front entrance side of the mobile home and, to the left on short end side, there was one (which I think was a bathroom window).

http://wlos.com/news/local/gallery/day-5-at-least-600-people-show-up-to-volunteer-in-search-party-for-mariah-woods#photo-10

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?358178-NC-Mariah-Woods-3-Onslow-County-27-Nov-2017-5-*Arrest*&p=13793269#post13793269

Thank you, Tortoise, for the photos!

I’m starting to think Mariah may have been drugged so monster could carry out the abuse and died in the process. How long does it take for toxicology reports to come back is it six weeks normally? This is such an awful, horrendous case.

That wave mid way through is just too much. IMO, the grandparents hosted the party, bought the Jeep and were the ones taking the video. Either way, I have to wonder if the barrage of pics were a way for KW to upstage the birthday of EK's biological daughter who had just turned 2. Pure speculation on my part, but if you look at the roll of pics from her FB, just below the ones of the Christmas tree, there are what look to be cupcakes with EK's daughter present.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t8M2pJnXNP1uoQoEXlnD7rh_4S8L2PV7/view
In the birthday photos there is a flower bed with stone edging, and similar stone border can be seen in the Thanksgiving photo of EK and family (which I've cropped). I think they may have hosted the party at EK's parents.

woods.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• TG.png
    TG.png
    377.1 KB · Views: 608
I am in no way alleging that her abuse was at the hands of her parents or immediate family. It's my own humble opinion, however, that they knew about it and while they attempted to control the situation, they didn't do enough and failed to stop it. Ugh. Its tough because I have a whole lot of feelings about this case and I'm sure a lot of my feelings are unpopular.

I, personally don't think the boys should be put with any family right now, full stop. I think that serious counselling, therapy and classes should happen if that's even ever something to be considered. But that's only my opinion..

BBM

Mine might be unpopular too, however, based on what has come out, as of now, I tend to agree with you. No judgement on Dad, at all, but I don't feel that I would be capable of addressing the needs, and helping them move forward, myself. I'd likely need some sort of therapy myself, alone, then combined with my kids, in some type of family therapy, with the goal of reunification. This is not something that most parents will have the tools to be able go it alone. Also, with the area being rural, there may not be a lot of tools available to them (there are few options in my county). I'd want all the help I could get.

I agree. I think theirs has to be a 3-BR 2-BA model. I tried to count the windows that I could see on the photo that appeared in one of the news articles. There were 4 windows on the front entrance side of the mobile home and, to the left on short end side, there was one (which I think was a bathroom window).

That's what I saw too, but didn't quite know how to say.

Does it normally take this long for an arrest? Missing for at least ten days. Arrest, and acknowledgement the girl is deceased six days ago. Body found five days ago. Sexual abuse revealed two days ago. Body positively identified one day ago.

I know many are hoping for more charges against the boyfriend and any charges against the mother, but to me, it doesn't seem like it's going to come to pass. I've read the hopeful statements that the investigators are merely biding their time to collect everything they can. But if the mother was complicit in the death, would they truly allow her to be free in society? Something doesn't feel right.

Americans have a constitutional right to a speedy trial and double jeopardy protection. Since they’re waiting for pathology results and evidence testing results from Quantico, it seems they’re getting all their ducks in a row about who, what, when, where, how to the best of their ability before making homicide arrests. I too was expecting arrest(s) for homicide by now, but apparently it’s not clear cut who did what, when, where and how.

But thats ok. I’d rather wait and have them get the case(s) done right than rush and risk a guilty party getting off due to incomplete investigating.

I would love to have seen many more charges last week, but I understand why they are waiting. I believe in my heart that the judicial system will not fail Mariah again.

IMO the charges that were made were ones that he can definitely be convicted of. LE May have wanted EK arrested & held in order to separate him from KH. Often times things unravel in a sick dynamic such as the household EK and KH created and LE is able to gather more evidence.

Also, somewhere upstream there were posts referencing LE knowing it was a homicide even before a body was recovered as they may have found blood. I don’t necessarily believe blood needs to be present for a homocide.

In the birthday photos there is a flower bed with stone edging, and similar stone border can be seen in the Thanksgiving photo of EK and family (which I've cropped). I think they may have hosted the party at EK's parents.

woods.jpg

attachment.php

The birthday party was at Mariah’s grandparents home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm bummed I have to go do some work now!
Need to catch up on the work I put off while catching-up on the thread... and I am already behind in the thread yet once again...
I will be playing the see-saw life/WS catch-up game, for a while it seems.

I really hope we won't have to wait until January for any more charges...

I wonder if LE is putting off charging KHW for the sake of the boys, so as to not ruin their Christmas, more than it has been already? Would they do that? (If they do intend to charge her, that is.)

OK... well, need to get back to my own life for a while.
(I surely do have a very sweet, patient, wonderful husband...)

See you all later! :wave:

I'm bummed I have to go do some work now!
Need to catch up on the work I put off while catching-up on the thread... and I am already behind in the thread yet once again...
I will be playing the see-saw life/WS catch-up game, for a while it seems.

I really hope we won't have to wait until January for any more charges...

I wonder if LE is putting off charging KHW for the sake of the boys, so as to not ruin their Christmas, more than it has been already? Would they do that? (If they do intend to charge her, that is.)

OK... well, need to get back to my own life for a while.
(I surely do have a very sweet, patient, wonderful husband...)

See you all later! :wave:

I had that thought too about Christmas.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...7-Nov-2017-5-*Arrest*&p=13793269#post13793269

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...7-Nov-2017-5-*Arrest*&p=13793343#post13793343

photos of the home

I am treading very lightly here, because of the childs past experience I am not totally convinced with regards to the sexual abuse. I think professionals will work with the child that is trained in these matters and the picture will be more clear about what went on in the home and at that point I will take what the child states as fact.

I in no way think the children should be with the mom at this point and she should of never had EK move into her home with the children there. I also have to wonder that depending on how Kristy was raised she might not think anything is wrong with using a belt on a child, using substances around a child etc. Does that make it ok most certainly does not and she needs to be held accountable for those actions. She is repeating what she knows a parent does IMO. That is a hard concept for many of us to grasp but we see it over and over the cycle continues. Hopefully the cycle can be broken with the boys.
BBM: This is disturbing to me. I've heard that the two boys are with her parents. I'm also wondering where KW is right now. Could she be staying with her parents right now with plenty of time to badger the boys to tell her version of events? I really do not feel good about her being with anyone who would be trying to help their daughter dodge criminal charges. JMO

At the custody hearing tomorrow, the state will be able question KH regarding any statement she’s made since this began. They’ll have a lot of leeway since it’s in juvenile court, not criminal court.

It will be telling if she takes the 5th. IMO

Thank you for the info on Heroin. Heroin is one drug that I've had little, to no, exposure to. It came through here in the 80s, briefly, and a couple folks overdosed, and died, and some folks I knew, went on to almost destroy their lives, but have lived to tell the tales, but Heroin seemed to phase on out. It has now reared it's head up again, only this time, we've seen folks dying left and right. One, of either of those two, added drugs, are usually the culprit from what I've understood. Meth is really bad in places here also. Neither of them really look like meth heads, at least not long term usures, and it seems they didn't have an issue with wearing short sleeved shirts (I know a couple folks who started messing with the needle and they began wearing long sleeves in the heat of summer.).

That's so sad. 🙁 drugs of all stripes ruin lives and the dragon is a hell of a beast. That said, I'm very inclined to believe methamphetamines played a HUGE role in this tragedy. Heroin will suck people's souls dry. Goodness knows I've seen people do HORRENDOUS things due to their addiction. But Meth is a whole other animal. It literally changes people's brains. I 100% believe meth and rage issues played a bigger role in this traged than anything else. Take it to the bank. (Fwiw- and I HATE this- I haven't been wrong about this case yet. )

Edit to remove what looks like a winky face. It was supposed to be crying. I just removed it completely.

Here is the video all by itself. The most telling part for me was at the end,when KW tells Mariah to take her foot off the gas, tells her again, then swats Mariah's foot off the gas and says, "Hey, woman!" To her 3 year old daughter..... May be a cultural thing, but it still seems rather off. http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/...953388744/640x360_MP4_4335062551953388744.mp4

I don’t think it’s cultural. And like a 3 year old would even know what she was talking about.

At the custody hearing tomorrow, the state will be able question KH regarding any statement she’s made since this began. They’ll have a lot of leeway since it’s in juvenile court, not criminal court.

It will be telling if she takes the 5th. IMO

Will this be televised? Can the public watch (I hope)?

BBM: This is disturbing to me. I've heard that the two boys are with her parents. I'm also wondering where KW is right now. Could she be staying with her parents right now with plenty of time to badger the boys to tell her version of events? I really do not feel good about her being with anyone who would be trying to help their daughter dodge criminal charges. JMO

I agree they should not be at her parents where Kristy may have access to them. I am honestly confused where the boys are - some state they are with her grandmother and other articles state CPS has taken custody of the boys. I don't know if that means that CPS just controls where they are or if that means they are in a temporary home that is not a family member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa