Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he only get 16 to 48 years? And why does he need a motion to bar interviews? Can't he just deny an interview? Is this just more delay stuff?

Why would he only get 16 to 48 years? And why does he need a motion to bar interviews? Can't he just deny an interview? Is this just more delay stuff?
I think 16-48 years is Colorado's sentencing range for both second degree murder and child abuse resulting in death...in other words, the two types of unintentional killing MR has been charged with. He could be convicted of one or both charges (or neither).

As for why the defense is asking for a motion barring interviews, I suspect that is to protect MR from himself, since he tends to run his mouth and anything he says in interviews can be used against him in a court of law. His lawyers don't want him to give the prosecution any openings. Left to his own devices, Redwine would probably be going on 20/20 and Dateline.

I think 16-48 years is Colorado's sentencing range for both second degree murder and child abuse resulting in death...in other words, the two types of unintentional killing MR has been charged with. He could be convicted of one or both charges (or neither).

As for why the defense is asking for a motion barring interviews, I suspect that is to protect MR from himself, since he tends to run his mouth and anything he says in interviews can be used against him in a court of law. His lawyers don't want him to give the prosecution any openings. Left to his own devices, Redwine would probably be going on 20/20 and Dateline.

He'd probably be asking for a do-over with his buddy Dr. Phil too.:facepalm:

Whatever the max can be I hope he gets. He is truly evil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Loved ones reflect on 5 year anniversary of Dylan Redwine’s death
POSTED 8:03 PM, NOVEMBER 19, 2017, BYKEVIN TORRES
http://kdvr.com/2017/11/19/5-year-anniversary-of-dylan-redwines-death/
*video at link

"On Sunday, Dylan’s best buddies from his childhood gathered at Bayfield Cemetery to remember the then 13-year-old boy. They were all 13-years-old when Dylan initially disappeared. Today they’re 18."

Snip

"On Sunday, Hall reflected on her son’s life and the lives of the boys who were his best friends.

“It so important to share all parts of Dylan's life and show all those that miss him,” Hall said. “I miss him more with each passing day and am so appreciative of all those who continue to keep his memory alive”."

"On Sunday, Dylan’s best buddies from his childhood gathered at Bayfield Cemetery to remember the then-13-year-old.

They were all 13-years-old when Dylan initially disappeared.

“It was a huge influence on our lives through eighth grade, early high school -- even going through graduation,” said Jackson Sibley, a childhood friend of Dylan’s.

“I’ve tried to take the good from it, but it’s always been tough. You lose part of your family when you lose something like that,” said Wesley Herring, another friend.

Growing up, Redwine was known as a "trickster" to his friends, constantly playing jokes on them.

“I remember that for sure, it was like a little brotherhood,” Herring said.

Along with their two other friends, Fernando Stubbs and Ryan Nava, the five were inseparable.

“Our whole early lives just hanging out with him we always expected we’d always be there for each other, ya know?” Sibley said. “It was definitely different and shaped the way we grew up, for sure”."

http://kdvr.com/2017/11/19/5-year-anniversary-of-dylan-redwines-death/

https://durangoherald.com/articles/...ourt-appearance-for-status-conference#slide=0

''The defense team for Mark Redwine, the man accused of killing his son, asked the court for more time to examine thousands of pages of police reports and other documents in the case that garnered nationwide attention.'''

Thank you SCHMAE. I’m sickened by this...justice has been delayed for too long for Dylan & his loved ones. Of course this would happen [emoji35] MR & his defense team are only delaying the inevitable...IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a reminder for today!

Friday, December 15th:
*Review Def. Atty Progress on Evidence Hearing @ 11am MT - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) killed in November 19, 2012 - Mark Allen Redwine (55), "father" accused of 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. 9/10 update: Def. Att. asked to ban media interview w/Mark while in jail pending trial & a motion of about how evidence was handled. Could face from 16 to 48 yrs in prison on either count. Judge set a hearing for Dec. 15th to review Def. Team's progress analyzing the 13,000 pgs of evidence. If the defense is prepared to move forward with the case at the Dec. 15 hearing, Wilson would likely schedule an arraignment, a hearing in which Redwine’s attorneys would enter his plea in the case.

Oops - do I have this wrong?? I see in the article above his next hearing is April 13th!

Just a reminder for today!

Friday, December 15th:
*Review Def. Atty Progress on Evidence Hearing @ 11am MT - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) killed in November 19, 2012 - Mark Allen Redwine (55), "father" accused of 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death. 9/10 update: Def. Att. asked to ban media interview w/Mark while in jail pending trial & a motion of about how evidence was handled. Could face from 16 to 48 yrs in prison on either count. Judge set a hearing for Dec. 15th to review Def. Team's progress analyzing the 13,000 pgs of evidence. If the defense is prepared to move forward with the case at the Dec. 15 hearing, Wilson would likely schedule an arraignment, a hearing in which Redwine’s attorneys would enter his plea in the case.

Oops - do I have this wrong?? I see in the article above his next hearing is April 13th!

You don't have it wrong. MR appeared briefly on 12/14/17 with his attorney to discuss where they were and when they might be ready for the next hearing to decide if they have had enough time to review all the evidence and get things in motion. The next hearing is 4/13/2018. This is such a long time coming and I hope that Dylan finally gets justice either this year or the next. At this point, I'm not holding out hope it will be concluded in 2018 but I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.

You don't have it wrong. MR appeared briefly on 12/14/17 with his attorney to discuss where they were and when they might be ready for the next hearing to decide if they have had enough time to review all the evidence and get things in motion. The next hearing is 4/13/2018. This is such a long time coming and I hope that Dylan finally gets justice either this year or the next. At this point, I'm not holding out hope it will be concluded in 2018 but I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Agreed. If we could just get a trial date set in the year 2018 -- not saying the trial would take place in 2018, but just SET IT for a future year (or decade), we'd all be hopeful! I mean, really, but at least the is behind bars.

Hey!

Trying to find Redwine in the Colorado court dockets. I see in one of the articles posted above that he is in La Planta County, but nothing comes up. Was he moved to a different county??

TIA! :wave:

Hey!

Trying to find Redwine in the Colorado court dockets. I see in one of the articles posted above that he is in La Planta County, but nothing comes up. Was he moved to a different county??

TIA! :wave:

Hey Niner! I believe it is La P-l-a-t-a County (if the spelling makes any difference). It is the 6th Judicial District.

Friday, April 13th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9am MT) - CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine (13) (November 19, 2012) - Mark Allen Redwine (55), "father" accused of 2nd degree murder & child abuse resulting in death.
9/10/17 update: Def. Att. asked to ban media interview w/Mark while in jail pending trial & a motion of about how evidence was handled. Could face from 16 to 48 yrs in prison on either count. Judge set a hearing for 12/15/17 to review Def. Team's progress analyzing the 13,000 pgs of evidence. If the defense is prepared to move forward with the case at the Dec. 15 hearing, Wilson would likely schedule an arraignment, a hearing in which Redwine’s attorneys would enter his plea in the case.
12/14/17 update: The defense team for Mark Redwine, the man accused of killing his son, asked the court for more time to examine thousands of pages of police reports and other documents in the case that garnered nationwide attention. District Court Judge Jeffrey Wilson scheduled Redwine for a second status conference on April 13.

So this is my wish for how the status conference goes in the morning.

Redwine and defense team ask for more time. The judge looks over at their table, and says :denied::denied: :denied:

And in fact, says the judge, I am ready to hear the case on Monday. Let's roll....:judge:

Good to see movement in justice for Dylan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onapick