Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, one is more likely to get decent 'sources' from Frank Mag, as its open to ALL MSM people and others to write an article.

Frank is marketed as a satirical magazine but back in the day they were called 'Tip Sheets'.

We've had it at our house for years and the accuracy rate is quite high because there is usually no byline.

IMO its fairly reliable and sometimes very funny. Makes me smile on a dreary day.

So, we can agree to disagree?

Of course JDG! No problem.

BTW if you have found that the Frank "accuracy rate is quite high" then I assume that you would think that the odds of the accuracy of the following Frank statement in the first Frank article is also quite high. "...Murder/suicide- the theory offered by police who first attended the crime scene- is a common enough occurrence in ugly domestic situations..." I note that they don't refer to having obtained this information from a police source, but instead they refer to a theory provided by the police. Do you think that we can we therefore assume that this quote was provided directly to them by the police?

I was referring to the previous discussions around the relability of information provided to msm by what has been referred to as police sources. IMO frank magazine should not be relied upon as a source of serious and verified information.

Okay, thanks. I agree, while it's an interesting read we don't know Frank's source either.

It’s amazing it will be a month tomorrow since this tragedy and we still don’t know what crime was committed and if it was by a third party. The Globe and Mail is reporting from the police union head that the investigation is putting a huge strain on Toronto police resources.

Can’t link to article as it is behind a paywall.

It’s amazing it will be a month tomorrow since this tragedy and we still don’t know what crime was committed and if it was by a third party. The Globe and Mail is reporting from the police union head that the investigation is putting a huge strain on Toronto police resources.

Can’t link to article as it is behind a paywall.

Yep. The fella was on tv yesterday or the day before talking about how its impacting the rest of the division. They can and do pull from other divisions if needed.

IMO there have been cuts to the TPS long before the Sherman killings and for a union head, its time to make hay in the sunshine, maybe. IMO

horses-eating-round-bale-in-snow.jpg
snicker snicker.... boy you've got that correct :) I don't think cuts, but I do think they are "understaffed". Police Association will jump in at opportunistic times to "hammer home a point".

attachment.php

snicker snicker.... boy you've got that correct :) I don't think cuts, but I do think they are "understaffed". Police Association will jump in at opportunistic times to "hammer home a point".

Especially when Tory has inserted himself as he did. They must have been salivating.

I was referring to the previous discussions around the relability of information provided to msm by what has been referred to as police sources. IMO frank magazine should not be relied upon as a source of serious and verified information.

Say what you will about the magazine, that last article suggests some plausible motives and suspects for murder. In the end we will have to follow the money to see who benefits.

Of course JDG! No problem.

BTW if you have found that the Frank "accuracy rate is quite high" then I assume that you would think that the odds of the accuracy of the following Frank statement in the first Frank article is also quite high. "...Murder/suicide- the theory offered by police who first attended the crime scene- is a common enough occurrence in ugly domestic situations..." I note that they don't refer to having obtained this information from a police source, but instead they refer to a theory provided by the police. Do you think that we can we therefore assume that this quote was provided directly to them by the police?

May I answer this in a circuitous way?

I never ' assume' anything. IMO

'accuracy rate is quite high' and 'fairly reliable' are true but not necessarily of any single statement in any given article. IMO

Its been awhile since I read the first article, so can't say with it being out of context. I will try to review it. IMO

The second article was IMO excellent and possibly 'quite accurate' and Ive found a third article, The Ballad of Honey and Barry, but cannot access it for some reason.

If anyone can link it, it maybe 'insightful'. IMO

Say what you will about the magazine, that last article suggests some plausible motives and suspects for murder. In the end we will have to follow the money to see who benefits.

WOW I just read that article. I did not know they were found with their coats and boots on! It's a no-brainer, this is double murder.

This man was just so darn brillant !!! Such a sad da*n shame.
https://www.wealthx.com/dossier/bernard-charles-sherman/

AddyFinch - thx for ^ ref. From the link:

[h=3]"Giving History
Sherman gives primarily to religious, healthcare and educational causes. Lifetime giving exceeds $55 million. Recipients include: United Jewish Appeal Federation, York University and Baycrest Foundation. President and Director of the Sherman Foundation. In 2015, the foundation had $116 million in assets and $14 million in income; giving exceeded $ 690,000 It gives primarily to religious, healthcare and educational causes. Recipients include: The New Century Foundation, the Humber River Hospital Foundation, The University of Alberta, Universite De Montreal, and Technion Canada...."[/h]

WOW I just read that article. I did not know they were found with their coats and boots on! It's a no-brainer, this is double murder.

Thier cars where NOT in the underground garage. Look at the first pictures of the crime scene
in the news articles. The cars were parked close to the front door where thier only coat closet was located.

IMO I looked at Mo's of middle eastern for contract murders. MO does not fit. It's a lost leader.

From Franks Page.John MacLachlan Gray says:
January 10, 2018 at 6:29 pm
"The killers weren’t amateurs, they weren’t local ****s (acquaintances of Rob Ford), they weren’t first-time bumblers, & it wasn’t done on the spur of the moment. (They knew about the house alarm, they didn’t have to smash their way inside.)

They made the hit via strangulation (silent) as soon as the victims got out of the car; then, without even taking time to remove their coats, hanged them nearby, with a minimum of time and effort (they didn’t have to lift them up to, say, a hook or ceiling fixture.) The whole business would have been done in five minutes. I’d suggest a team of 4 – two inside the house and 2 spotters parked nearby, in the vehicle that transported them out of the area. (They couldn’t park in the driveway & they wouldn’t want to walk to a car down the street.)

By the time the bodies were discovered, they were on a flight home.

I don’t think the Toronto Police are quite up to this.

John is right. These crimes are NOT committed by locals.All border points need to be looked at for one month prior and after. Fits the MO.

Thier cars where NOT in the underground garage. Look at the first pictures of the crime scene
in the news articles. The cars were parked close to the front door where thier only coat closet was located.

Posted upthread is a supposition that they may have more than two vehicles. IMO

This was written in 2008, quick synopsis of BS life. I wonder if author is related?

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

Reading this article I noticed "other prominent philanthropists and friends" are mentioned, including WK of Fabricland.

Which led me to this article about a Toronto couple murdered (asphyxiation) in Florida in 2013, where WK is also quoted. The possible connection between the Shermans and Pichosky/Wise has been mentioned here before (dotr?).

Aside from what appears is a mutual circle of friends, wealth, plus Florida winters, they're also all about the same age, all lived in North York, plus a strong Jewish involvement, leaves me certain they'd have known each other. A very tragic connection beyond the typical odds.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/caring-couple-found-dead-in-florida-home/article7209176/

Jan 9, 2018 update
https://forward.com/news/391722/who-murdered-these-jewish-snowbirds-in-their-florida-condo/

Websleuths thread
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...e-Wise-66-Hallandale-Beach-10-Jan-2013/page11

ETA: Both women also suffered from arthritis, so many similarities, eerie, their lives almost ran parallel.

maybe LE was just as surprised to read that they were discovered with their boots and coats on?
The article makes no reference to any source of any of the crime scene info or descriptions. Did it come from police? Police source? Or the author's hairdresser? I could write an equally believable description of the crime scene using unverified, fictional, and unconfirmed points to support either a murder suicide, or a double murder.

maybe LE was just as surprised to read that they were discovered with their boots and coats on?
The article makes no reference to any source of any of the crime scene info or descriptions. Did it come from police? Police source? Or the author's hairdresser? I could write an equally believable description of the crime scene using unverified, fictional, and unconfirmed points to support either a murder suicide, or a double murder.
True, but the author would be wasting their own time using false information to make sense of the crime, IMO.

Reading this article I noticed "other prominent philanthropists and friends" are mentioned, including WK of Fabricland.

Which led me to this article about a Toronto couple murdered (asphyxiation) in Florida in 2013, where WK is also quoted. The possible connection between the Shermans and Pichosky/Wise has been mentioned here before (dotr?).

Aside from what appears is a mutual circle of friends, wealth, plus Florida winters, they're also all about the same age, all lived in North York, plus a strong Jewish involvement, leaves me certain they'd have known each other. A very tragic connection beyond the typical odds.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/caring-couple-found-dead-in-florida-home/article7209176/

Jan 9, 2018 update
https://forward.com/news/391722/who-murdered-these-jewish-snowbirds-in-their-florida-condo/

Websleuths thread
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...e-Wise-66-Hallandale-Beach-10-Jan-2013/page11

ETA: Both women also suffered from arthritis, so many similarities, eerie, their lives almost ran parallel.

Thanks for bringing this forward, although there is no particular reason to think these cases are connected, it is coincidental that the camp RW is associated with is in the Bridle Path area.
Just in case- here is the video showing the female persons of interest. They are not found on any US or Canadian database.FWIW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAujV0a1fBY
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/david-pichosky-rochelle-wise-slayings-dna-found-at-scene-1.2488382
David Pichosky, Rochelle Wise slayings: DNA found at scene

Toronto couple found dead in January 2013, ruled homicide by asphyxiation

CBC News Posted: Jan 08, 2014 6:15 AM ET Last Updated: Jan 08, 2014
cache.php
Police
in Hallandale Beach, Fla., released this composite sketch Wednesday of an unidentified woman seen on surveillance tape walking to the rear of the couple's home. (Hallandale Beach Police Department)

Thanks for bringing this forward, although there is no particular reason to think these cases are connected, it is coincidental that the camp RW is associated with is in the Bridle Path area.
Just in case- here is the video showing the female persons of interest. They are not found on any US or Canadian database.FWIW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAujV0a1fBY
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/david-pichosky-rochelle-wise-slayings-dna-found-at-scene-1.2488382
cache.php

Such a deeply bizarre case. So difficult to make sense of, much like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa