Sievers Sidebar #5

A discovery item is viewable now on leeclerk.org. The state shared some more info with Mark's lawyers.

The discovery item was: J Lindblad Supplemental.

I am curious if Mark and his brother from another mother were involve in fraud ?. We all talked about that way in the beginning.

Bummer.....more depositions are happening according the court website....still hoping for a spring trial !

Oregonmama, thank you so much for keeping this thread updated!

No problem! I am happy that it looks like the girls are with Mary in CT after I read the summons for the foreclosure case.

Dang...Most of the depositions are LE and is slated to run through the end of March. I counted over 20 ppl who have depositions.So with that info, another case mgt hearing might happen in April.

Oregonmama may I ask where and how you found the list of scheduled depositions? I have a hard time tracking all this down.

Oregonmama may I ask where and how you found the list of scheduled depositions? I have a hard time tracking all this down.

leeclerk.org

Then click on search court cases under the online services tab.

Enter Mark and Sievers on the appropriate lines and hit submit. You will see all his cases and clickon any case you choose. The depositions are in the criminal murder case. The summons for the minors are in the foreclosure case.

04/19/2018 Case Management Conference - Kyle, Bruce E 1:30 PM Courtroom 8-A

Interesting! More at this link:
https://www.naplesnews.com/story/ne...ing-case-ask-evidence-prosecutors/1065031001/
[...]
In a three-page motion filed Wednesday, Mummert writes that the state attorney's office has not yet disclosed contracts or financial records from LCSO regarding Rodgers' girlfriend, Taylor Shomaker, "specifically any agreements and/or funds used to facilitate" her "confidential or protected status" and any financial records related to monthly payments "Shomaker is currently receiving from LCSO."

[...]
Rodgers and Mark Sievers are scheduled to appear next in court April 19 for a case management hearing. Wright is scheduled for a sentencing hearing May 1.

Interesting! More at this link:
https://www.naplesnews.com/story/ne...ing-case-ask-evidence-prosecutors/1065031001/
[...]
In a three-page motion filed Wednesday, Mummert writes that the state attorney's office has not yet disclosed contracts or financial records from LCSO regarding Rodgers' girlfriend, Taylor Shomaker, "specifically any agreements and/or funds used to facilitate" her "confidential or protected status" and any financial records related to monthly payments "Shomaker is currently receiving from LCSO."

[...]
Rodgers and Mark Sievers are scheduled to appear next in court April 19 for a case management hearing. Wright is scheduled for a sentencing hearing May 1.

Yes, it is interesting and I am wondering, if payments for TS - if there are/were any- were run by the FEDS of LCSO as a way of witness protection or some kind of a deal. I know the HB111 has not passed the senate yet, but that would be a FL witness protection program run by the state and not by the FEDS. It could also be, that there are more folks being investigated in MO and that TS is not just a witness in the Sievers case, but possibly in a widespread investigation. Who knows..

All IMO of course.

-Nin

Yes, it is interesting and I am wondering, if payments for TS - if there are/were any- were run by the FEDS of LCSO as a way of witness protection or some kind of a deal. I know the HB111 has not passed the senate yet, but that would be a FL witness protection program run by the state and not by the FEDS. It could also be, that there are more folks being investigated in MO and that TS is not just a witness in the Sievers case, but possibly in a widespread investigation. Who knows..

All IMO of course.

-Nin

Thanks Nin for a possible explanation. I felt the way defense wrote it, something sinister was going on, when in fact it could be something like the Witness Protection to other needed payment very legal.

All IMO of course.

-Nin
HB111 did pass in 2017 and became law effective 7/1/17. It is part of the public record exemption law. It doesn't have anything to do with monetary payments.
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=56752&SessionId=83

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0100-0199/0119/Sections/0119.071.html
8. This paragraph is subject to the Open Government Sunset Review Act in accordance with s.119.15 and shall stand repealed on October 2, 2020, unless reviewed and saved from repeal through reenactment by the Legislature.

[FONT=&amp](m)1. Criminal intelligence information or criminal investigative information that reveals the personal identifying information of a witness to a murder, as described in s. 782.04, is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution for 2 years after the date on which the murder is observed by the witness. A criminal justice agency may disclose such information:a. In the furtherance of its official duties and responsibilities.
b. To assist in locating or identifying the witness if the agency believes the witness to be missing or endangered.
c. To another governmental agency for use in the performance of its official duties and responsibilities.
d. To the parties in a pending criminal prosecution as required by law.

[/FONT]

Mark's second Motion to Compel Discovery specifies, BBM:

4. Upon information and belief, the State Attorney's Office has in its possession the following
evidence that has not been disclosed:
a. On page 35037 of the State's disclosure, there is reference to a 911 tape that Lee County
Sheriffs Office ("LCSO") requested from Jackson, Missouri police;
b. Video and audio from any Curtis Wayne Wrights statements (including the proffer);
c. Any and all documents, including a timeline, referenced in the proffer of Curtis Wayne
Wright;
d. Any contracts or financial records from LSCO regarding Taylor Shomaker, specifically any
agreements and/or funds used to facilitate Taylor Shomaker's confidential or protected status. any financial records relating the monthly payments that Taylor
Shomaker is currently receiving from LCSO;
e. Copies of documents contained in "2 large blue bins" described as "financial documents.. that
were seized from the Defendants home; and
f. Updated records from DNA analysis results that are still outstanding.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gXPj3-dxfhX4Qa7JIaOiI5JkDYLAb54G/view?usp=sharing

Source:
https://matrix.leeclerk.org/

Why would she need witness protection when everyone is locked up and Brother Curtis is the star witness?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back