Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched the video of the interview yet but wanted to say thank you for posting.

Psychiatric assessment for ex-hostage Joshua Boyle extended by 2 weeks March 26, 2018

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/joshua-boyle-ottawa-charges-court-march-26-1.4592918

Boyle, 34, spoke in an Ottawa courtroom by phone from the Brockville Mental Health Centre, where the assessment is taking place.
The assessment was due to end Monday, but the doctor performing the assessment requested a two-week extension.
The Crown did not object and the extension until April 9 was ordered by the court Monday
At the end of his brief appearance in court Monday, Boyle said by phone that he doesn't know the charges against him. "With all respect, sir, I have no idea what's going on," he told the justice of the peace.
Boyle's next Ottawa court appearance is scheduled for April 9 via video link. A bail hearing has not yet been scheduled.

Doctor granted two-week extension in mental health assessment of Joshua Boyle March 26, 2019

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/docto...l-health-assessment-of-joshua-boyle-1.3859061

During Monday’s proceeding, the Crown also amended a victim’s names in a charge. That name was immediately placed under a publication ban.

“I have no idea what’s going on,” Boyle said when the judge asked him if he understood. “I’m told I’m not even supposed to know what the charges are.”
The judge responded that Boyle’s lawyer would explain it.
"I'm sure he will," Boyle said.
Boyle’s next court appearance is scheduled for April 9 at the Ottawa courthouse via video conference.

What is the holdup? You would think the shrink has had enough time to diagnose/consider/reconsider all the information by now. Seems they are just delaying to me. He was judged fit to stand trial before the assessment, what is preventing them from moving forward now??

Let the trial begin.

Were they really held hostage or was he helping them in some kind of way? Because he's was allowed to have sex with his wife for 5 years in captivity?

Plus she was supposedly raped frequently but only was getting pregnant by him?

What is the holdup? You would think the shrink has had enough time to diagnose/consider/reconsider all the information by now. Seems they are just delaying to me. He was judged fit to stand trial before the assessment, what is preventing them from moving forward now??

Let the trial begin.

:dunno:

Were they really held hostage or was he helping them in some kind of way? Because he's was allowed to have sex with his wife for 5 years in captivity?

Plus she was supposedly raped frequently but only was getting pregnant by him?

BBM
:thinking: Yup

He was in court today but I didn't catch what happened.

Back in court April 22nd.

I hope the trial or whatever can get moving now.

Former hostage Joshua Boyle, who faces a set of 19 charges related to alleged incidents after he returned to Canada, made a brief appearance in court Monday morning in person. Boyle's next public court appearance is scheduled for April 27 via video link. A closed-door judicial pre-trial will take place April 17.

A bail hearing has not yet been scheduled.

Former hostage Joshua Boyle, who faces a set of 19 charges related to alleged incidents after he returned to Canada, made a brief appearance in court Monday morning in person. Boyle's next public court appearance is scheduled for April 27 via video link. A closed-door judicial pre-trial will take place April 17.

A bail hearing has not yet been scheduled.
Nice to see you Valleyboy, hope you are feeling much better now!
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...-review-psychiatric-evaluation-with-lawyer-2/
Former Afghanistan hostage Joshua Boyle, who faces several assault charges, will soon review a recently completed psychiatric evaluation with his lawyer.

Lawrence Greenspon, counsel for Boyle, says he hopes to go over the forensic assessment with his client later this week.
Greenspon told the Ontario court in late January that an initial evaluation found his client fit to stand trial, but added that he would benefit from a fuller assessment at a mental health centre in Brockville, Ont.

Joshua Boyle makes court appearance after completion of mental health assessment April 9, 2018

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/joshu...pletion-of-mental-health-assessment-1.3877460

Greenspon said Boyle received psychiatric treatment at a facility in Brockville, Ont., before he was returned to the detention centre. He said he hopes his client will continue to receive medication while in detention, but would not say what Boyle is being treated for.

Pre-trial motions in Boyle’s case will be discussed on April 17 and Boyle’s next full court appearance is scheduled for April 27.

No Bail Hearing has been set

Former hostage Joshua Boyle makes brief in-person court appearance

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/joshua-boyle-ottawa-charges-court-april-9-1.4608560 April 9, 2018

Boyle was recently transferred back to the Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre after his in-patient psychiatric assessment at the Brockville Mental Health Centre.
A report has been drafted and sent to the judge. Greenspon asked Monday that it be sealed by the court and the justice of the peace granted the request.
The Crown and defence earlier agreed that the time set aside for the assessment will not count toward Boyle's right to a trial in a reasonable timeframe. In 2016, the Supreme Court ruled that provincial court trials must be completed within 18 months of charges being laid.

The agreement reached by the Crown and defence extends that deadline to nearly 21 months in Boyle's case.

Anything happen at the May 9th court appearance...like even another date?
Thanks

May 9, 2018

atie Griffin
‏

@KatieGriffinCTV
6h6 hours ago

Bail hearing for former hostage Joshua Boyle set for May 28. His lawyer says Boyle is "managing" in jail. #ottnews @ctvottawa @CFRAOttawa‏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21