Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think international custody is much worse. I honestly would go into hiding. I doubt our government will help, but there must be an underground movement.

Doesn't it fall under kidnapping when parents refuse to cooperate with child visitation and custody decisions?

Doesn't it fall under kidnapping when parents refuse to cooperate with child visitation and custody decisions?

what visitation and custody decisions? None have been made. JB never even met his youngest child (who was born in the US). A Canadian judge granted her temporary custody and permission to leave with the kids.

where I’m from, the courts look at what’s best for the kids. I can’t see any family court judge thinking it’s best for the kids to be taken from their primary caregiver and grant custody to the other parent. Caitlan has been caring for the kids without JB for the past two years. 50/50 custody isn’t practical in this situation. Maybe a couple weeks in the summer and every other Christmas or something. But this isn’t an ordinary situation. Just because JB was cleared on criminal charges doesn’t mean a family court judge is going to grant him any sort of custody. I mean, a Canadian judge previously granted Caitlan temporary custody and allowed her to leave the country. Family court is different from criminal court. At least where I’m from.

I think this is a very, very unique circumstance that is way beyond the pay grade of any of us on this thread. Mom is a US citizen. Dad is a Canadian citizen. Three kids were born in (captivity in) the Middle East. Fourth child was born in Pennsylvania and has never met her father. Mom was granted permission to leave Canada with her kids, and has been living in the US for two years. This isn’t a regular ole divorce.

what visitation and custody decisions? None have been made. JB never even met his youngest child (who was born in the US). A Canadian judge granted her temporary custody and permission to leave with the kids.

where I’m from, the courts look at what’s best for the kids. I can’t see any family court judge thinking it’s best for the kids to be taken from their primary caregiver and grant custody to the other parent. Caitlan has been caring for the kids without JB for the past two years. 50/50 custody isn’t practical in this situation. Maybe a couple weeks in the summer and every other Christmas or something. But this isn’t an ordinary situation. Just because JB was cleared on criminal charges doesn’t mean a family court judge is going to grant him any sort of custody. I mean, a Canadian judge previously granted Caitlan temporary custody and allowed her to leave the country. Family court is different from criminal court. At least where I’m from.

I think this is a very, very unique circumstance that is way beyond the pay grade of any of us on this thread. Mom is a US citizen. Dad is a Canadian citizen. Three kids were born in (captivity in) the Middle East. Fourth child was born in Pennsylvania and has never met her father. Mom was granted permission to leave Canada with her kids, and has been living in the US for two years. This isn’t a regular ole divorce.

I was responding to comments about hiding the children and avoiding responding to custody and visitation schedules.

The children have the right to spend time with their father, and it is in the best interests of children to know both parents.

The children were removed from Canada after the mother made accusations against the father. The father has been found not guilty on all 19 counts. That means that the reason for taking the children out of Canada no longer exists. In some sense, that puts both parents on equal footing regarding which of the questionable parents is best for the children.

I was responding to comments about hiding the children and avoiding responding to custody and visitation schedules.

The children have the right to spend time with their father, and it is in the best interests of children to know both parents.

The children were removed from Canada after the mother made accusations against the father. The father has been found not guilty on all 19 counts. That means that the reason for taking the children out of Canada no longer exists. In some sense, that puts both parents on equal footing regarding which of the questionable parents is best for the children.

it is absolutely not always in the best interests of a child for a parent to have custody and for the child to spend time with said parent. Which is why supervised visits exist. And why no visitation exists in some cases. I’m not sure if you’ve personally been through custody issues in recent times, but ping ponging kids across far distances isn’t stable for the kids. And stability is in the best interest of kids. Is JB going to fly the kids back and forth to school every day during his custody time? I doubt it, considering he’s too scared to come to the US anyway.

also, being found not guilty =\= being found innocent.

This thread never fails. The rallying around a terrorist wannabe, narcissistic, psycho While making sure to try to discredit CC at any chance possible. I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. How do people not realize she was brainwashed and gaslighted by JB?

This thread never fails. The rallying around a terrorist wannabe, narcissistic, psycho While making sure to try to discredit CC at any chance possible. I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. How do people not realize she was brainwashed and gaslighted by JB?

Boyle and Coleman were married during a lengthy trip to South America. A year later they travelled to Russia and surrounding areas.

At what point in the relationship was she brainwashed?

A timeline of events for Joshua Boyle, Caitlan Coleman and their family

According to the courts, Coleman was not a credible witness.

"Judge Peter Doody said he did not find Boyle credible or Coleman reliable, and so could not make a finding of guilt.

“This was really, in large part, a ‘he said, she said’ – there was very, very little confirmatory evidence,” Greenspon told Reuters. “And ultimately, (the judge) didn’t believe Caitlan and he had many doubts about Josh’s testimony.”​

Canada judge dismisses assault charges against former Taliban hostage - SRN News

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member