OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't take anything said by Tanner as gospel. Even adult eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable. Take a child, who probably really wants to help, coupled with whatever he may have heard the adults around him talking about, and I think he did the best he could but may not be entirely accurate. He said Kyron was there about an hour. Did he happen to look at a clock? He talked about a sub who could have been a parent volunteer or aid. I am sure that person has been extensively interviewed. The fact is, LE has not come out with anything confirmed other then he was last seen at about 9:00 am, but did not say with whom or where. I do believe no one saw him leave. I also believe that no one saw the SM leave. It just wasn't memorable. Nothing stood out, including any person that might have looked out of place. If anyone raised any red flags I am sure it would have been remembered. LE would surely have a description or sketch of someone to look for. Whoever it was had every reason to be there.
I have to believe that LE knows what they are doing and why they are doing it. It is hard to be patient and wait for information but I am sure it is in Kyron's best interest.

Not sure if posted yet, not sure what it means....

At about 5:15 in this video, the Horman truck is being removed.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/m...?videoid=16783@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=3

Editing onve again, you have to choose the correct video- the one with this image, FOURTH one to the right, shows image of sherrifs offices

Thank you for the link and how to find the right video and time of your quote. You saved me much time searching. I hope that someone can preserve it incase it gets pulled. I appreciate you being so detailed (saves time). :hug:

I do not know to what this mention of a black bag or box is referring. Have you seen or read a report that they are searching for a black bag or box?

This is only a rumor that was paraphrased from a blog that has been read by some readers here. To my understanding this has not been confirmed by anyone. :waitasec:

According to the Skyline Ridge newsletter (neighborhood newsletter), the Sheriff's office hasn't forbidden anyone from talking to the news media. However, the editor/writers of the newsletter have particular advice:

http://srnpdx.org/current_newsline (June 15 Part II)

Please do not discuss the following:

The day of the disappearance
Feelings about members of the family
Speculations about the case or who you think is involved in Kyron's disappearance
Things you've observed that may pertain to the case - call those in to the sheriff
It would be appreciated if you could avoid negative comments about the school and law enforcement. A complete review of procedures and responses are being reviewed at both institutions

Please feel free to discuss the following:

Your own feelings or the feelings of your family
Your desire for Kyron's safe return
The impact of this event on the neighborhood
Your personal experiences as a parent at Skyline Elementary
Anything about the community, geography, events or mood of the neighborhood

So I guess they're taking the "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil" approach, are they?

It goes without saying that the Skyline community wants little Kyron to be miraculously found alive & to be returned home to his family, as we all here wish, as well. It also goes without saying that the Skyline community doesn't want this investigation to be compromised in any way. The advice to relay to the Sheriff's office any observations that may pertain to the case is sound advice. I would think that anyone with common sense would already know that, therefore, as far as I'm concerned, it's condescending to make such an obvious suggestion.

To advise the community (in other words, the parents of Skyline elementary school children) to "avoid negative comments about the school and law enforcement" is preposterous. Parents have the right to keep their children safe, and to feel their children are safe. Parents have the right to have their questions answered by the school district & by law enforcement & to have their fears quelled. And I'm sorry, but "No comment" doesn't cut it any longer. LE has had ample time to interview and re-interview everyone associated with the school at the time of Kyron's disappearance. The time for silence, IMO, is over.

Furthermore, the Skyline community does not need the Skyline Ridge Newsletter to dictate to them their talking points.

IMO, the Skyline community members can make up their own minds as to what they can & cannot discuss with the media at this point.

In a very early news article, LE stated that they could not "confirm" the date the picture of Kyron was taken (the one in front of his project.) It could be that T's camera is like mine, the date and time were never set and are way off. I know another parent stated she saw TH take Kyron's picture, but my guess is they have no way of confirming that this is the exact picture she saw being taken.

Regardless of what was said in earlier news reports, the time that picture was snapped has surely been confirmed by now. LE has simply to talk to the parents of the young girl to ask when she was in the room, there is an adult in the picture who can be asked, the camera may be time-stamped and the PTO president can be interviewed. You put all of this information together, and you have a very, very good idea of when the picture was taken.

Bottom line, for me: LE knows and has known for days exactly when that photo was taken, and it is not an issue.

If you're thinking it had to do with evidence, etc., there are a number of posts a few pages back where people with LE experience (and spouses lol) explain why that isn't the case.

Since no one on this board is 100% certain about WHY the Horman's white truck was towed, shouldn't this statement be qualified with an "opinion" disclaimer, or at least the wording read "...MIGHT be the case"? "Isn't the case" indicates FACT, which as far as I can tell, is not established yet. The opinions of people on this board that have LE experience/spouses is certainly very useful, and I do give them considerable weight, but again not proof that this statement is indeed fact, IMHO.

Since no one on this board is 100% certain about WHY the Horman's white truck was towed, shouldn't this statement be qualified with an "opinion" disclaimer, or at least the wording read "...MIGHT be the case"? "Isn't the case" indicates FACT, which as far as I can tell, is not established yet. The opinions of people on this board that have LE experience/spouses is certainly very useful, and I do give them considerable weight, but again not proof that this statement is indeed fact, IMHO.

According to the video linked just a few posts up, the truck was towed for "mechanical problems" and the reporter quoted the sheriff's office, who told her that the truck was towed at the family's request. I assume that qualifies as a "WHY"

According to the video linked just a few posts up, the truck was towed for "mechanical problems" and the reporter quoted the sheriff's office, who told her that the truck was towed at the family's request. I assume that qualifies as a "WHY"
Has LE checked thier cars.I hope so.That should be the standard thing to do.

I do feel it's suspicious that SM's facebook barely ever mentioned Kyron or had any pics of him in the last 5 months, and then suddenly on June 4th she posted a pic of him at the science fair the SAME DAY. The teacher said that SM emailed her around that time as well to ask when they should pick up the science fair stuff. SM was playing games on FB around 3pm...and a couple hours AFTER she reported Kyron missing too? Wow. Rumor also has it that SM and BM are best friends, and that the family dynamics are EXTREMELY "different" and complicated, much more so than just the typical blended/step situation, perhaps that's why LE are staying at the house so much...

This rumor about the SM's Facebook has been proven to be untrue.

Both rumors and Facebook are now off-limits for discussion per JBean's posting last night.

We are certain why the Horman's truck was towed.

In the video, the reporter stated that the news station checked with the sheriff's office, and the sheriff's office stated that the Hormans had their truck towed to the dealership for mechanical problems.

Since that's from a credible news source, it's considered on WS to be part of the known facts of the case.

I think a county employee may be the abductor and some kind of container is missing and that is what they are looking for.
The neighbor may be a county employee. It is the only thing that makes sence. How would a random person know they didnt have camara's in the school? How would they know to look for a black bag or box? Do there county employees use white trucks? Maybe the dead end street was a meet up place. I hope the camaras reveal something and I hope they find Kyron. Jaycee, shawn ,ben ,shasta,and natasha give us hope that there is some hope.

BBM

This is a rumor, and rumors are now off-limits for discussion.

Another day, and still no sign, where are you sweetheart??

I'm going through the past 10 pages, which were posted after I went to bed last night, and I am flabbergasted at the amount of discussion of both rumors and the SM's facebook.

Let's show our admin, JBean, more respect.

I'm going through the past 10 pages, which were posted after I went to bed last night, and I am flabbergasted at the amount of discussion of both rumors and the SM's facebook.

Let's show our admin, JBean, more respect.

Here, you can have my cuppa and bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam.

*backing away s l o w l y*

I'd like to know who exactly called the scholol when Kyron was discovered to be missing. In all the articles that I've read online and heard in the news, I'm informed that Kyron's stepmom called the school. Yet, just this morning I came across an interesting link informing it was the "bus driver" that called the school "immediately" when it became known that Kyron was in fact missing. Here's the link to Kyron's father's email:

http://ackerlaw.com/posts/2010/06/07/missing_child__kyron_horman_7

I'd like to know who exactly called the scholol when Kyron was discovered to be missing. In all the articles that I've read online and heard in the news, I'm informed that Kyron's stepmom called the school. Yet, just this morning I came across an interesting link informing it was the "bus driver" that called the school "immediately" when it became known that Kyron was in fact missing. Here's the link to Kyron's father's email:

Well that's interesting. That didn't sink into me previously. Thanks for pointing it out.

The moderators work to ensure that members are abiding by the TOS.

"Posting a thread or reply to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email, staff if you wish to discuss these issues."

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please understand and respect that we use the tools to moderate the forum, and this is not open for discussion/debate.

If you have questions or concerns, PM or email a mod, admin, or Websleuths' owner Tricia.

Thanks -
BeanE

I meant needing one to place a gps on the truck (although I suppose they could agree to that.... damned if I would tho').

I don't think they ask the vehicle owner for permission to place a GPS, that would defeat the purpose, IMO

Howdy there Jersey*girl!!

I read that website early on but missed the update with the email there. It does indeed state that the bus driver called the school, and that came right from Kaine H, Kyron's Dad. Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa