CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

I'm very impressed that Colorado Springs PD destroyed 11,395 pieces of evidence, including evidence in Christophers case. :rolleyes:

Did this happen because the Cop that had an affair with this woman just wanted her to go away, was he threatened, scared, or just wanted his issue with her not to come up again.

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=640778

I thought that this was really interesting:

"The CSPD has given the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children permission to take a look at Christopher's case.

"We're more than willing to have more eyeballs on it and have more people looking at it to see if there's anything that we can do to learn what happened to Christopher," Noblitt said.

Gil said he is thrilled with this latest development.

"These are the experts, the best that we got. These are the best guns there are, and I am so happy about that," he said.

The Abeytas said they are hopeful that the team of experts will bring them one step closer to closure."

Is the NCMEC still investigating? Has the family heard anything from them? I won't even comment on the loss of thousands of pieces of evidence. That's just ludicrous.

She took Christopher out of anger and to get back at your Dad. That seems to be pretty clear with her background of stalking. If your Father is still alive ask him to remember back anything he might have told her that might click to where she might have gone with Christopher.

I'm surprised she didn't leave a calling card, like leave something of Christopher's for your dad to find somewhere. She must have had a lot of rage when she took him. 40 Miles! Wow, not good, the drive she could have stopped any place along the way. Wonder what area she would have stopped, rest stop? Any honey moon lanes her and your Dad went to?

Per her co-worker, EB missed work the day Christopher was kidnapped. The co-worker was interviewed by my Mom, but it wasn't until a year after Christopher's disappearance. The co-worker was going to call crime stoppers and report Emma for some suspicious behavior after Christophers kidnapping, but didn't . The reason she didn't was because my Mom failed the polygraph and she said she figured LE knew more info and maybe she was looking too much into EB. Last year when new Detectives finally listened and looked over all of the investigating my Mom did over they years, they re-interviewed the co-worker. The place she worked is no longer in business and the owner passed away years ago. EB spoke of a ranch in Wagon Mound NM often. It was a family ranch and it is dilapidated, but she grew up there. It would be about a 5 hour drive.

Did this happen because the Cop that had an affair with this woman just wanted her to go away, was he threatened, scared, or just wanted his issue with her not to come up again.

I've spoke with the investigator at the District Attorney's office about this missing evidence. He said he can assure my family that it was just an "accident". You can imagine how my Parents feel. They already feel that Christopher didn't get a proper investigation and then the CSPD acccidentally destroys the evidence, one of the cities highest profile cases! I try not to think it was some cover up because they realize they messed up on this one, and we can't dwell on it, but no doubt it is disturbing.

Per her co-worker, EB missed work the day Christopher was kidnapped. The co-worker was interviewed by my Mom, but it wasn't until a year after Christopher's disappearance. The co-worker was going to call crime stoppers and report Emma for some suspicious behavior after Christophers kidnapping, but didn't . The reason she didn't was because my Mom failed the polygraph and she said she figured LE knew more info and maybe she was looking too much into EB. Last year when new Detectives finally listened and looked over all of the investigating my Mom did over they years, they re-interviewed the co-worker. The place she worked is no longer in business and the owner passed away years ago. EB spoke of a ranch in Wagon Mound NM often. It was a family ranch and it is dilapidated, but she grew up there. It would be about a 5 hour drive.
Has the area been checked out? I don't want to upset you but if she did Kill Christopher, maybe she buried him around that area?

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=640778

I thought that this was really interesting:

"The CSPD has given the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children permission to take a look at Christopher's case.

"We're more than willing to have more eyeballs on it and have more people looking at it to see if there's anything that we can do to learn what happened to Christopher," Noblitt said.

Gil said he is thrilled with this latest development.

"These are the experts, the best that we got. These are the best guns there are, and I am so happy about that," he said.

The Abeytas said they are hopeful that the team of experts will bring them one step closer to closure."

Is the NCMEC still investigating? Has the family heard anything from them? I won't even comment on the loss of thousands of pieces of evidence. That's just ludicrous.

The CSPD scanned in the volumes of investigative information documentation and they have handed the case over to the NCMEC to review. It is currently being reviewed.

I've spoke with the investigator at the District Attorney's office about this missing evidence. He said he can assure my family that it was just an "accident". You can imagine how my Parents feel. They already feel that Christopher didn't get a proper investigation and then the CSPD acccidentally destroys the evidence, one of the cities highest profile cases! I try not to think it was some cover up because they realize they messed up on this one, and we can't dwell on it, but no doubt it is disturbing.

Understood and I wouldn't expect they would admit any wrong doing with the missing evidence. This to me makes it harder to believe that any investigator will work hard to solve this case. With the missing evidence my guess is from the start they think it is unsolvable because of missing Evidence. Not only that, if they do have indication that the evidence was destroyed on purpose, hrm no cop would want to be the one to uncover that fact and an aggressive cold case investigation would do that.

Catch 22!

That is all in the past, now the future, it is a shame your family paid tons of money for a PI. I hope the family though is putting a lot of pressure on LE. This is the only help that the family can get resources to actually come up with leads. I say they should at least pull her in to talk to her and have her relive her days before and after Christopher went missing. That is a start!

OH one more suggestion. The cop that she had an affair with, is he still alive? Is he retired? If alive and retired perhaps he would be willing to use any contacts he has to get this case going. Perhaps he has information about this that he never divulged but now he might? Worth a shot.

If he knew something I'm sure it was heavy on his mind for years. My FIL was dying of cancer, on liquid Morphine, one night he was reliving a time when he was in the war. It was something that bothered him all his life but held it in. It came out when he was dopped up and dying. Perhaps if this past cop died something like this, he said something to a family member that didn't make sense to them, but it would you or to the investigation.

Has the area been checked out? I don't want to upset you but if she did Kill Christopher, maybe she buried him around that area?

The area has not been checked out. But it needs to be. You won't upset me. I live with that reallity. If you talk to my Mom she believes he is alive and I am sure because she wants him to be. Because EB missed work that day, one of my mom's theories is that she drove to NM and told someone a story that she didn't want her baby and they took the baby. Christopher's case did not receive the national media attention back then. EB is a habitual liar, and it is unbelievable how she will talk as if what she is telling is the truth, very believable.

OH one more suggestion. The cop that she had an affair with, is he still alive? Is he retired? If alive and retired perhaps he would be willing to use any contacts he has to get this case going. Perhaps he has information about this that he never divulged but now he might? Worth a shot.

I agree completely with you. He needs to be spoken to. I have reached out to his now wife through Facebook and she has not returned my calls. He lives in Hutchinson, Kansas. We have spoken to acquaintances of his and they have been helpful in providing information. I have to wonder if the reason LE never took EB seriously as a suspect was because this Sheriff called them. I won't ever understand why they didn't investigate her early on. EB and him were very close. EB comes across normal (if there is a normal), but once you talk to her past lovers she was psycho when they tried to end their relationships with her.

The area has not been checked out. But it needs to be. You won't upset me. I live with that realty. If you talk to my Mom she believes he is alive and I am sure because she wants him to be. Because EB missed work that day, one of my mom's theories is that she drove to NM and told someone a story that she didn't want her baby and they took the baby. Christopher's case did not receive the national media attention back then. EB is a habitual liar, and it is unbelievable how she will talk as if what she is telling is the truth, very believable.

I understand and your mother has a decent theory but with EB's past history with that knife...that is a big red flag to me. I wish I could go out there and dig the earth up. There has to be an agency out there or a group (grave searchers) that can or would accept to search that area. Hrm, then they would have to get permission to dig in the area. This is so heartbreaking and now will haunt me.

The good thing is the age progression photo shows him to be a beautiful man. I would take comfort in having that picture. I would probably have a big 11x14 portrait of it hanging in my house. Something about that picture just really reaches out.

Understood and I wouldn't expect they would admit any wrong doing with the missing evidence. This to me makes it harder to believe that any investigator will work hard to solve this case. With the missing evidence my guess is from the start they think it is unsolvable because of missing Evidence. Not only that, if they do have indication that the evidence was destroyed on purpose, hrm no cop would want to be the one to uncover that fact and an aggressive cold case investigation would do that.

Catch 22!

That is all in the past, now the future, it is a shame your family paid tons of money for a PI. I hope the family though is putting a lot of pressure on LE. This is the only help that the family can get resources to actually come up with leads. I say they should at least pull her in to talk to her and have her relive her days before and after Christopher went missing. That is a start!

I agree. And I have to remind my Parents constantly that we can't do anything "about that". We have to work with what we have. We can't beat the current Detectives up for what the others didn't do.

Interestingly, I wondered if EB was thinking about Christopher now with Lisa Irwins case being the circumstances are so similar. I know my family feels we are reliving those first few weeks.

I agree completely with you. He needs to be spoken to. I have reached out to his now wife through Facebook and she has not returned my calls. He lives in Hutchinson, Kansas. We have spoken to acquaintances of his and they have been helpful in providing information. I have to wonder if the reason LE never took EB seriously as a suspect was because this Sheriff called them. I won't ever understand why they didn't investigate her early on. EB and him were very close. EB comes across normal (if there is a normal), but once you talk to her past lovers she was psycho when they tried to end their relationships with her.

She hasn't replied? um that says a lot to me. I'm sure your reaching out was very soft and gentle begging for any help and if she didn't answer you..wow, as a human being I couldn't deny you at least a sit down, phone call, email something. This tells me there is something more and they do not want to get involved. It could be too she just wants it to go away but how can you deny a family member searching for a loved one for so long. This just reeks!

If you reach out to her again, just make sure you state that whatever they tell you, that could help that you will not make public. You just need a decent lead. Any suggestions that he might have to where to start to look for Christopher. Something like that.

She took Christopher out of anger and to get back at your Dad. That seems to be pretty clear with her background of stalking. If your Father is still alive ask him to remember back anything he might have told her that might click to where she might have gone with Christopher.

I'm surprised she didn't leave a calling card, like leave something of Christopher's for your dad to find somewhere. She must have had a lot of rage when she took him. 40 Miles! Wow, not good, the drive she could have stopped any place along the way. Wonder what area she would have stopped, rest stop? Any honey moon lanes her and your Dad went to?

My Dad is still alive and his greatest fear is he will die without "an ending". Very interesting points. Right after the disappearance he asked EB if she did this, ofcourse she said "no". She still wanted to have a relationship with my father. He told her she was going to be investigated. Who, in there right mind would still want to see someone if they were possibly blaming them for kidnapping their son? If you go to Christophers facebook page you can see some of the police records and a court document from an incident she had from another affair. I think she was trying to hurt my Mom, more than my Dad.

There is a website for adoptive people to look for their bio parents. Have you submitted the age progression photo and Christopher's information on sites like this? You can add the photo and his birth. It might click with someone. If he was illegally adopted, he might be searching for his bio parent through one of these type of sites. Which site I have no idea there are many.

My Dad is still alive and his greatest fear is he will die without "an ending". Very interesting points. Right after the disappearance he asked EB if she did this, ofcourse she said "no". She still wanted to have a relationship with my father. He told her she was going to be investigated. Who, in there right mind would still want to see someone if they were possibly blaming them for kidnapping their son? If you go to Christophers facebook page you can see some of the police records and a court document from an incident she had from another affair. I think she was trying to hurt my Mom, more than my Dad.

Hind sight is 20/20 but at the time I probably would have lied to her and if I was your Dad tell her something like "I would come back to you if you could find my child and give her back to her mother, then you and I can have a life together" I would have lied my butt off and even followed through to a point until that baby was returned.

I had the same thought Lera213. If I were some crazy stalker and I did something like this to get back at my lover, I feel like I would want to leave something behind. Just enough for him to know it was me but not enough to be able to prove it.

Of course, I'm not some crazy stalker so who knows? Maybe I've watched one to many crime shows.

Six months after my brothers disappearance the hang up calls resumed. We had the Police put a tracer on our phone and they were traced to EB at her work. She said she was calling my Father as a "code" to get in touch with him. LE never shared that with us at the time, because my parents were still suspects. It wasn't any code, my Dad was at work when she would call. They couldn't get a trace on the phone because she wouldn't stay on long enough, so my Mom had her friends son come over to answer the phone and throw her off and we got the trace. That may have been her sign? Very interesting, never thought of this before. It was because of those hang up calls that my Mom started looking into her. My mom thought what kind of person calls and hangs up like that. I assume it is too late to press charges for harrassment (to get her to talk), even though we have evidence it was her. LE never pressed her on this. They actually believed her, unbelievable!

Hind sight is 20/20 but at the time I probably would have lied to her and if I was your Dad tell her something like "I would come back to you if you could find my child and give her back to her mother, then you and I can have a life together" I would have lied my butt off and even followed through to a point until that baby was returned.

My Dad did! My Mom told my Dad that he was to continue to see her to get information. She even wrapped a present up to give to her. EB probably saw right through it. He told her that if he didn't have to concentrate on finding his son, maybe they could have a life together or something like that.

She hasn't replied? um that says a lot to me. I'm sure your reaching out was very soft and gentle begging for any help and if she didn't answer you..wow, as a human being I couldn't deny you at least a sit down, phone call, email something. This tells me there is something more and they do not want to get involved. It could be too she just wants it to go away but how can you deny a family member searching for a loved one for so long. This just reeks!

If you reach out to her again, just make sure you state that whatever they tell you, that could help that you will not make public. You just need a decent lead. Any suggestions that he might have to where to start to look for Christopher. Something like that.

I agree and yes I am always very tactful. I have always kept my word when we have spoken to someone that I wouldn't divulge where we got the information from. I will send another message.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back