GUILTY NV - Yadira, 38, & Karla Martinez, 10, raped, murdered, Las Vegas, 15 April 2012

You would think they could rule out the father by semen or touch DNA. With bludgeoning, and that much blood their would have to prints within the blood somewhere. Sounds like a child molester was the "motive"...whoever it may be.

Wonder if the older child came home from school the day before and found the scene? Maybe 4 yr old was playing outside or down the street with friends and was missed or unknown?

You would think they could rule out the father by semen or touch DNA. With bludgeoning, and that much blood their would have to prints within the blood somewhere. Sounds like a child molester was the "motive"...whoever it may be.

Wonder if the older child came home from school the day before and found the scene? Maybe 4 yr old was playing outside or down the street with friends and was missed or unknown?

It will take time for DNA to come back. It could be anywhere from 10 days to 6 weeks depending on how busy the lab is. Fingerprints and shoe prints will be faster. I would guess that LE knows by now if he was involved. But they probably won't say until they have a chance to talk with him.

I did see in the lvrj article that he is in protective custody, whatever that means.

Just wanted to clear up my previous post...as I refreshed this case, it was between Sunday morning and Monday morning...so he couldn't have returned from school to find them, but maybe both of children were outside or elsewhere (someone took them to church?) and came back and discovered them?

They do say the mother and daughter were killed with a hammer.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/17589337/10-year-old-murder-victim-was-raped

Yeah that works better in a scenario where it was the father. If he had raped the daughter, fought with the mother and killed her and the daughter he may have been on a rampage for a good while. Their deaths could have made him worse, because he knew he would be in trouble. But eventually he may have calmed/ran out of steam. He could have been in a suicidal mode, but what to do about the boys? Or he could have been working on an explanation. At that point he may have come up with a story he thought he could use. Send the kid for help or send him to school.

Since the child went to school, IMO I think he may have told the kid not to tell and made plans to dispose of the bodies.

I've been thinking more about the smuggler/intruder possibility, and I just can't see that as what happened. It took too long, too many live witnesses.

Can someone actually bludgeon himself to the point of not being able to communicate? And what about the weapon? Earlier it was said they hadn't found it. I would think it would have to be pretty close to where the father bludgeoned himself, if that were the case?

Just speculating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It will take time for DNA to come back. It could be anywhere from 10 days to 6 weeks depending on how busy the lab is. Fingerprints and shoe prints will be faster. I would guess that LE knows by now if he was involved. But they probably won't say until they have a chance to talk with him.

I did see in the lvrj article that he is in protective custody, whatever that means.

Officer on duty at the hospital.

Any speculations on the neighbor's report of the father walking out of the house with LE and then collasping? Not taken by ambulance but by LE..as he was taken into custody.

Can someone actually bludgeon himself to the point of not being able to communicate? And what about the weapon? Earlier it was said they hadn't found it. I would think it would have to be pretty close to where the father bludgeoned himself, if that were the case?

Just speculating.

One can hire someone to eliminate, or help eliminate, others, and then have that person beat oneself severely, but not fatally.

Officer on duty at the hospital.

Any speculations on the neighbor's report of the father walking out of the house with LE and then collasping? Not taken by ambulance but by LE..as he was taken into custody.

But is the officer really there for protection or for guarding is what I am wondering.

About the speculation, I knew I had seen that but then couldn't find recently. According to that, he wasn't unconcious when he was found. But according to the other article, he was in critical condition and couldn't talk. I have also seen that he was hit with the same weapon that killed his wife and daughter. Now he is still "unable to communicate." So maybe a throat injury? If it happened at the same time as the murders, 24 hours with no treatment there would have been considerable swelling.

One can hire someone to eliminate, or help eliminate, others, and then have that person beat oneself severely, but not fatally.

Or if the mother caught him raping the daughter, the mother could have injured him then had the weapon taken from her. LOL I'm not sure where the weapon went from there. Maybe the kid took it when he left to make sure it wasn't used again? Maybe it was hidden in during the 24 hour period before the murders were discovered?

I really don't understand how the father could possibly be involved. The mother, daughter and the father are said to have similar injuries made with something like a claw hummer. But the weapon is not found on the scene. So how could he possibly get the head injuries so severe that he is in the hospital yet the murder weapon is missing?

But is the officer really there for protection or for guarding is what I am wondering.

About the speculation, I knew I had seen that but then couldn't find recently. According to that, he wasn't unconcious when he was found. But according to the other article, he was in critical condition and couldn't talk. I have also seen that he was hit with the same weapon that killed his wife and daughter. Now he is still "unable to communicate." So maybe a throat injury? If it happened at the same time as the murders, 24 hours with no treatment there would have been considerable swelling.

With head trauma, his brain could be affected.

With head trauma, his brain could be affected.

That's what I assumed, which is why it didn't sound to me like it could be self-inflicted.

It sure is gutsy of someone to take on a fighter, a man who owns a gym, and probably works out every day. As a rule, pedophiles don't take the hard route. [ except for in the Groene case, for example]

But it almost seems as though it was someone trying to get even with the father Maybe another fighter, someone he trained at his gym.

Sounds to me like someone had a beef with the father.

A 22 year old man is in custody in connection with the Martinez family slayings and a pair of sexual assaults within the last two weeks.

Sources said the man was arrested Friday morning and was being interviewed by Las Vegas police homicide detectives.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/suspect-arrested-in-double-slaying-sexual-assaults-149274255.html

They just announced the sexual assaults and a description of the guy last night. I never dreamed he would be the murderer too.

thank goodness. Sounds like this menace needed caught and fast.

The article suggests DNA links him to the crimes so hopefully he will be going away for a very long long time.

I am beside myself knowing this guy has been loose on the streets brutally and randomly attacking people in my city. Thank God he's been caught.

The father and patriarch of the family, Arturo Martinez, remains in a local hospital and is in and out of surgery. His injuries have still left him unable to speak with anyone, let alone with detectives who want to know what happened inside the home.
http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...eaks-about-double/DZAm9r2ZnE2e8ClID_ox-w.cspx

I have pretty openly put out there that I believed the father/hubby should be a suspect in the crime. With the latest news I admit I was wrong, and I apoligize to him and to the family. My only defense is that I have just seen so many where the hubby was to blame that I was too quick to judge.

Just got this breaking news bulletin:

Despite earlier reports, Las Vegas police say no arrests made yet in the double murder of Yadira Martinez and her daughter, Karla Martinez, or a sexual assault case police talked about Thursday. Police say they are currently interviewing people in connection with these crimes, but no arrests have been made.

I was talking to my neighbor, whose son is a trainer at the boxing gym here about this case and he says a boxer is so arrogant with their skills, that he does think it was the father because a weapon was used.

Has the neighbor, who he had words with over the parking incident been cleared?

Just got this breaking news bulletin:

Despite earlier reports, Las Vegas police say no arrests made yet in the double murder of Yadira Martinez and her daughter, Karla Martinez, or a sexual assault case police talked about Thursday. Police say they are currently interviewing people in connection with these crimes, but no arrests have been made.

I am very curious whether they have the DNA reports back but no actual suspect? And that was misreported as them having a suspect in custody?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back