GUILTY NV - Yadira, 38, & Karla Martinez, 10, raped, murdered, Las Vegas, 15 April 2012

Jury spares life of Las Vegas man who killed girl, mother

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/jury-spares-life-of-las-vegas-man-who-killed-girl-mother/

Bryan Clay was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Tuesday for raping and murdering a woman and her young daughter in a 2012 claw hammer attack.

Arturo Martinez, Yadira’s husband, who survived the attack, said he believed justice was served for his wife and daughter.

“What Bryan Clay did to me and my family, nobody deserves this,” said Martinez, who was not in the courtroom Tuesday and watched the livestream online. “I don’t want him to go back to the street and mess (with) any other family.

His official sentencing was set for January 25th.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/man-guilty-of-killing-las-vegas-mom-daughter-back-in-court/

“He said that he tricked jurors, that he’ll be back soon, that he’ll, in fact, get his appeal more quickly,” she told District Judge Douglas Herndon.

“Not withstanding his tearful allocution, Mr. Clay clearly does not accept any responsibility for what he did, and even more scary, he does not understand the nature of what he did,” she said. “Please, sentence the real Mr. Clay. We know who he really is.”

“I’ve got a big mouth,” Clay said about the recorded phone calls. “I built those walls, and I have a right to protect myself with those walls. It might be rugged, it might be rough, but look where I come from, I come from nothing.”

“This case has haunted me since opening statements,” District Judge Douglas Herndon said. “The worst things that a human being can do to another human being, and you just learned how to kind of deal with and live with it.”

He told Clay that nobody capable of such crimes deserves to be in society.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back