Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison! this thread is about Allison guys, if you have a problem with a post ALERT! Stay focused on Allison.

:tyou:

Every crime forum I've ever posted on, sooner or later, (usually later) people will arrive to defend the main suspect,or divert people, or get them fighting among themselves.
It's like they have been sent as a PR person.
They always have, to them, a logical explanation for everything most unbiased people find indefensible.
They don't seem to be actually interested in solving the case, and aren't generally posting at the beginning.

The site is called WEBSLEUTHS. It has a chat room where I presume people can get to know each other better and give each other any moral support they might feel they need for their argument(s).

No, that chat room is NOT for discussing the case. The rules mention that. No moral support in there.

I'm new so this may have already been covered. I've been told GBC walked in to Indrops police station on the same day as his car accident and said "I'm sorry". The officers there were like, "For what exactly". He then left. Now he was obviously pretty shaken at the time so he could have meant "I'm sorry I've pranged my car up the road, now you'll have to do some paperwork", or "I'm sorry this search is taking up so much of your time and resources" (remembering that GBC was always extremely outwardly "polite") or "I'm sorry I killed my wife". I realise this event seems to make little sense (if he confessed, then what are we all still doing here?) but I have been told the EXACT same story now by three people close to events and so now I'm thinking there may be some substance to it. Any thoughts? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version
We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:
1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159]The Rules[/ame]

Every crime forum I've ever posted on, sooner or later, (usually later) people will arrive to defend the main suspect,or divert people, or get them fighting among themselves.
It's like they have been sent as a PR person.
They always have, to them, a logical explanation for everything most unbiased people find indefensible.
They don't seem to be actually interested in solving the case, and aren't generally posting at the beginning.

Yeah that is true, each to their own I say.

I think Gerard killed his wife but I am open to it being someone else if someone could just give me something else to go on.

Everyone thinks my brother-in-law (husband's brother) is a wonderful guy.
He is and extremely angry, violent and childish man behind closed doors.

Hi everyone. I've been following this case since day 1 and reading a lot of your posts. I find it to be both intriguing (as to what actually happened to Allison) and sad (for her poor children to be left without a mother). I agree with much that has been posted by you all. I am hoping, along with the rest of you, that the police get an arrest asap.

If indeed GBC is the perpetrator, I worry about the children and the potential for him to 'snap' under pressure as the police close in on identifying the killer and potentially cause harm to them.

I just want to say. And I am not saying he is or isnt guilty. BUt just because BC family don't 'appear' to be upset does not mean they are not or do not care. And therefore don't deserve compassion. I think anyone who is innocent in this case does deserve compassion no matter what. Obviously many believe they/him to be guilty of some involvement, people are entiteld totheir opinion of course. But if innocent, and its not fact yet either way, then compassion I believe is warranted no matter what we think of different peoples public reactions. Just MOO
Yes I've tried not to say anything against the extended family, because I'm sure they didn't ask for any of this, and I have no idea on their feelings or how they are acting. But darn it I have no compassion or sympathy for GBC's behaviour since the day Allison disappeared.

Yes I've tried not to say anything against the extended family, because I'm sure they didn't ask for any of this, and I have no idea on their feelings or how they are acting. But darn it I have no compassion or sympathy for GBC's behaviour since the day Allison disappeared.

They may believe he is innocent, the ones not involved I mean haha.

As I have said before, everyone is different. People express care, concern, grief and love in their own special personal way. You could be right in your interpretation here. On the other hand, it might be just speculation that is actually quite divorced from the reality of the situation, especially if you do not know these people personally.

Well said Heyerdahl.
The Baden Clays have received bad publicity from the start. Fair enough the Dickies were at the showgrounds everyday ... where were the children? who was talking care of them. Had the media hounded the Dickies in their home - they might too have been portrayed differently. Maybe ...just a thought... the other grandparents were keeping their grandchildren away from all the searching, the very sadness and trauma surrounding them. We all do act differently especially when we are grieving.

Whoever the killer is (and IMO it is GBC) I hope their guilt or innocence is proven without a shadow of a doubt, because, if not, as those poor little girls get older they are going to be asking GBC some very hard questions.

Well said Heyerdahl.
The Baden Clays have received bad publicity from the start. Fair enough the Dickies were at the showgrounds everyday ... where were the children? who was talking care of them. Had the media hounded the Dickies in their home - they might too have been portrayed differently. Maybe ...just a thought... the other grandparents were keeping their grandchildren away from all the searching, the very sadness and trauma surrounding them. We all do act differently especially when we are grieving.

I thought Gerard was taking care of his children, or was he more interested in taking care of his business.

I think the media has been so restrained in this case. If the media were so annoying why not put them to good use, could have got a whole lot of positive media which might have helped find Allison early on.

I'm going to say this one time...

It is FINE to defend Allison's husband and or family. You can disagree and argue why you think he is guilty if you do or not guilty. If you have links to back up what your saying please post them as well. Nothing wrong with having someone with an opinion different, start arguing the post, stop attacking the poster for his or her opinion. Thanks.

Ima

Thanks. Have not seen those photos before. However I still don't think because someone uses the media(any form) to promote business, then they necessarily want the media in their private life. Its just MOO.

IMO the issue is not whether they would want the media in their lives, but the issue of being patient and accepting of the media being in their lives in a situation where it is very understandable that the media need to report this, and most of the reporting is very helpful to the case. The discussions on this started around this aspect - basically that if you were innocent and were very keen to see a solution, a result, the killer being caught etc, even though you might find it difficult you would cooperate as much as possible for the best of reasons. Also that if you were more used to the media it wouldnt be quite as difficult or foreign, and you would accept that hey, I spent a lot of time trying to get publicity for my business, and I did get a lot of coverage over the years which benefited me, so now that the media is wanting my cooperation, I'll give back.

We already know from their actions they don't want the media attention - but many of us believe that some of the reason for their defensive and defiant type of attitude at the beginning was because of a sort of siege mentality they went into, way before any speculation against them had even occurred. This was not about them and people being against them, it was about Allison and what happened to her, and the community, police and emergency workers searching for her and being in the frontline.

I just dont think everything can be explained away by saying 'everyone reacts differently', and 'we don't know'.

This is only my second post but if everyone chooses to ignore the irritating/rude comments, the poster will not be getting out of this what they are seeking - namely attention and creating conflict.

If they don't get the attention they are desperately seeking they will probably go away...

Whoever the killer is (and IMO it is GBC) I hope their guilt or innocence is proven without a shadow of a doubt, because, if not, as those poor little girls get older they are going to be asking GBC some very hard questions.

Yes I agree, the not knowing is hard because you want to beleve your father could not do that to your mother or you. The cheating on her wouldnt go well in his favour either. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member