FL FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

hi
Thankyou very much for telling me this.I will look into this.Is there a particular Jane Doe I need to look at.can you please link me to the Jane doe,skeletal remains?

Suzanne

Suzanne its my understanding that the Jane Does, that have been found in Georgia, were only recorded locally. There is no statewide computer record for law enforcement to access.

The Forensic Anthropologist has, in the past two years, begun sorting through 200 boxes of evidence (including remains). He's creating a catalogue so that the information will be available for law enforcement/DNA testing.

They solved a 20 yr old John Doe case last week. The missing person was from the local area though, so they went to his mom and got DNA to compare it to the bones.

So, if a person had skeletonized in Georgia, and there wasn't any other information to who they were, its most likely they ended up in the Georgia Bureau of Investigation boxes, safely tucked away.... until now.

Hi
ok,thankyou.I will try to look into this.
Suzanne

Hi
Ok,Thankyou very much for the link.

Suzanne

I was really glad to come across this case as I read about Tammy a few months ago and thought she seemed like such a beautiful and vibrant young woman! Lets hope some answers come up soon.

suzannec4444 said:
Hi
I am blood related.I wasn't brought up with tammy the whole time.Tammy was not the only girl.I say Tammy's mother.Our mother.we have the same mother.different fathers.

suzanne
Thanks for clearing that up. The article must have wrote the wrong info. I do pray you find her.

Hi
thankyou.I did look into her.She did look like tammy.but we thought she was too tall.
ttyl
Suzanne

reportertype said:
Does this resemble Tammy at all or is it just me? I know the time frame doesn't match too well. It also says this victim had a chipped front tooth but that could have happened during the course of an abduction, etc.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/22ufca.html
What case is it on here that I have read that the girl got a chipped tooth at time of abduction? I know that rings a bell.

Suzanne I've read your site and I did do some research. I read that law enforcement felt that she "ran away" and there was a possible California connection.

Please hear me out and read this post COMPLETELY as I have some strong reservations about it being your sister. I'm posting this as a possibility, I'm not saying its her.

I found a Jane Doe that was found in 1991 that I think looks a lot like Tammy Lynn:

TLeppert1.jpg
101UFCA.jpg
TLeppert2.jpg

Tammy Lynn on right and left, Jane Doe in the center

1. Jane Doe was found in 1991, but there is no estimated time of death reported.

2. Jane Doe is estimated to have been 25-35 when she died... but since we don't know exactly when that was its difficult to identify. If Jane Doe died around 1991 then Tammy Lynn would be in the right age catagory at 26.

3. Jane Doe is listed as having BROWN hair. Could it be an error? I'm assuming your sister is a natural blond - but how dark was her blond hair when it wasn't dyed?

4. Jane Doe was found in Needles, California. This is a TriState area which is in California, but is very close to Arizona and Nevada. Its a small place, along the hiway. Although Jane Doe was found there, it is more likely she came from somewhere else. To see map go to:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=needles,+california&btnG=Search&ll=34.831278,-114.593582&spn=0.991966,2.768555

5. Jane Doe had a long gold necklace on,
that resembles (I think) Tammy Lynn's (without the pendent)
101UFCANecklace.jpg

6. There is no eye color listed which leads me to wonder in what condition Jane Doe was in when she was found. Is it possible it was omitted by mistake, or did they not know?

7. Tammy Lynn is 5'4" and Jane Doe was 5'4".

8. Tammy Lynn was 105 pounds, when she disappeared, Jane Doe was estimated to be 150 pounds. This is a big difference! It could be transposing the numbers when the information was recorded or it could be SOMEONE ELSE. It is also possible that, if it is Tammy Lynn, she put on some weight. Look at the photos of the clothing at the Doe Network though and then decide if the weight seems accurate.

Suzanne I am confused how they could estimate the weight of Jane Doe, yet not tell the eye color (it is possible, just odd). The data entry for recording missing persons, was not very good in that area for a time, therefore I don't know how accurate it is.

Suzanne I don't know how they came up with a sketch. Usually sketches are done when the person has only recently died. Sometimes there is a reconstruction done on remains and a sketch is done instead of a sculpture. Its hard to say how much they had to work with from the provided information. If we had an estimated time of death it would be easier to judge.

Suzanne I know how relentless you are in your search for your sister. Really think about it. Review the Doe Network page. Think about the dates, the different haircolor, the different weight, the fact that this is in California.

I'm going to be blunt here. Your sister was very beautiful, but truthfully there are a lot of beautiful girls in California, who have the same "look". THIS MANY NOT BE HER. Please know that I'm trying to caution you about the very strong possibility of disappointment
blowkises.gif
...and yes, I have worried about making this post as you are trying so hard to find your sister!
Doe Network link for Jane Doe:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/101ufca.html

hi
Thankyou.I personally checked 87 Jane Doe.2 forensic dentist said this Jane Does teeth did not match.I not long ago suggested DNA testing any way.It's probably not tammy.I think this Jane Doe is

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/139dfca.html

I checked Elko nevada.It does look like her.they hink this Jane Doe is too tall.The Jane Doe you mentioned in 1991.I am very interested in.I am actually looking into her right now.Do you have any newspaper articles on the Jane Doe in 1991 or anthing else on her.I am pushing on looking into the Jane Doe found in slidell Louisiana in 1986 as being tammy.I have looked at many Jane Does that ended up being Tammy.I do not think tammy is alive anymore.

Suzanne

Suzanne I have no other information about the Jane Doe in 1991, couldn't find anything. I have started a thread on her in the cold case forum though.

blowkises.gif

"I checked Elko nevada.It does look like her.they hink this Jane Doe is too tall."

Tha't's why I'm wondering if you can gain height after the age of 18. That and, why did they give that JD only an ~ height of 5'8". I would think it would be a range of heights...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back