FL FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

Submitted this already but this might be her most everything matches up and she wasn’t ruled out yet.

February 1984 Davie Florida Jane Doe

Demographics

Sex
Female
Race / Ethnicity
White / Caucasian
Possible First Name
--
Possible Middle Name
--
Possible Last Name
--
Nickname/Alias
--
Estimated Age Group
Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)
21-35
Estimated Year of Death
Estimated PMI
2 Days
Height
5' 4"(64 inches) , Estimated
Weight
120 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances of Recovery
Found face down in a canal

Physical Description

Hair Color
Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description
Blonde
Body Hair Description
--
Facial Hair Description
--
Left Eye Color
Hazel
Right Eye Color
Hazel
Eye Description
Hazel

Clothing and Accessories

Item
Description
Clothing shorts on the Body

I’m not really sure the one thing that makes me believe it might not be her is that PMI is only two days but i submitted just in case.

Attachments

• A8EED1DE-44CB-499F-8CF4-5E9CB940BE20.jpeg
    A8EED1DE-44CB-499F-8CF4-5E9CB940BE20.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 8
  • A551994B-2FEC-48B4-9F89-598DD9A3EADF.jpeg
    A551994B-2FEC-48B4-9F89-598DD9A3EADF.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 40D88FDB-F5ED-4F54-AECF-07D3C1241ABD.jpeg
    40D88FDB-F5ED-4F54-AECF-07D3C1241ABD.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 5
Submitted this already but this might be her most everything matches up and she wasn’t ruled out yet.

February 1984 Davie Florida Jane Doe

Demographics

Sex
Female
Race / Ethnicity
White / Caucasian
Possible First Name
--
Possible Middle Name
--
Possible Last Name
--
Nickname/Alias
--
Estimated Age Group
Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)
21-35
Estimated Year of Death
Estimated PMI
2 Days
Height
5' 4"(64 inches) , Estimated
Weight
120 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances of Recovery
Found face down in a canal

Physical Description

Hair Color
Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description
Blonde
Body Hair Description
--
Facial Hair Description
--
Left Eye Color
Hazel
Right Eye Color
Hazel
Eye Description
Hazel

Clothing and Accessories

Item
Description
Clothing shorts on the Body

I’m not really sure the one thing that makes me believe it might not be her is that PMI is only two days but i submitted just in case.

Finally ruled her out!

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-16_14-7-29.png
    upload_2021-9-16_14-7-29.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 17
I found an article from the Florida Today newspaper a week after Tammy disappeared. It mentions her mother Linda and says that Linda's son also went missing five years before. I don't if that was Tammy's brother or half brother maybe but never seen that mentioned before. Do we know if Linda found her son before she died?

Florida_Today_1983_07_12_Page_1B.jpg

was the party she went to related to the movie ? how is that no one ever spoke about that party !
couldnt they reach anyone else who went there..
did she face some sort of satanic cultish things there

was the party she went to related to the movie ? how is that no one ever spoke about that party !
couldnt they reach anyone else who went there..
did she face some sort of satanic cultish things there
There hasn't been any confirmed satanic cult activity anywhere, let alone in Florida. This is early 80's and the set of Scarface-like lots of drugs going around of various types which would cause all kinds of behavior. That alone could be enough to scare anyone. If there was an undiagnosed psych issue, it could easily be even more frightening.

I found an article from the Florida Today newspaper a week after Tammy disappeared. It mentions her mother Linda and says that Linda's son also went missing five years before. I don't if that was Tammy's brother or half brother maybe but never seen that mentioned before. Do we know if Linda found her son before she died?

View attachment 383829
The meeting up with “Keith” to talk things out, truly sounds like a cover story, for whatever she really wanted to do, but didn’t want her Mom to know. Did the “dropped her off” story ring true? Witnesses, etc? Is Keith still around?

Keep in mind that FL in the 80s was well known for cocaine. Lots of what was called “cigarette boats” getting busted, plus bales of marijuana washing ashore. A 16 y/o nephew & his friend found one.

Big cars we called land yachts driving on the interstate, always going the speed limit so as to not attract attention. Were they profiled? You bet. I’ve been on Alligator Alley (I-75) passing ICE & DE roadblocks. Nothing screams drug bust like 20 police SUVs along the highway.

It seemed like there was always something in the news about the drug runners. JMO

The film & modeling industry has a history of easy drug access. She had a great future ahead of her for sure. It sounds like she may have been caught up in something and sadly, it didn’t end well. Poor kid. Her mother must have been devastated to not know the whereabouts of both her children.

There hasn't been any confirmed satanic cult activity anywhere, let alone in Florida. This is early 80's and the set of Scarface-like lots of drugs going around of various types which would cause all kinds of behavior. That alone could be enough to scare anyone. If there was an undiagnosed psych issue, it could easily be even more frightening.
her state didnt change untill that party ..so I am inclined to beilve something really happened there
even if nothing happened.. the zero invistigation or info about it is still off
lets say they did give her that kind of drugs ..how can she saty in the manic mode after its effect is gone?
there is no way.. she was using drugs away from that hawk mom..also she never left the house or met anyone ! where would the drugs come from
and she went to be diagnosed ..wouldnt they be able to tell if she had something ?

Last edited:
The meeting up with “Keith” to talk things out, truly sounds like a cover story, for whatever she really wanted to do, but didn’t want her Mom to know. Did the “dropped her off” story ring true? Witnesses, etc? Is Keith still around?

Keep in mind that FL in the 80s was well known for cocaine. Lots of what was called “cigarette boats” getting busted, plus bales of marijuana washing ashore. A 16 y/o nephew & his friend found one.

Big cars we called land yachts driving on the interstate, always going the speed limit so as to not attract attention. Were they profiled? You bet. I’ve been on Alligator Alley (I-75) passing ICE & DE roadblocks. Nothing screams drug bust like 20 police SUVs along the highway.

It seemed like there was always something in the news about the drug runners. JMO

The film & modeling industry has a history of easy drug access. She had a great future ahead of her for sure. It sounds like she may have been caught up in something and sadly, it didn’t end well. Poor kid. Her mother must have been devastated to not know the whereabouts of both her children.
also how do think she would access to drugs while barricaded in her house ?
and do you think its possible that drug abuse wouldnt be obvious ?

If she was pregnant as suspected, was she a local boy? She would start there. Second, the mental health problems that began before his disappearance could be due to the pregnancy. The pregnancy could have been due to rape. It could have been the beginning of schizophrenia. He could have been drug induced even though the drugs were not shown at the time of the test. LSD did not show up in blood or urine tests. There's a lot going on, but I'd rule out close personal reasons for a disappearance before speculating that it was something close to murder from what she knew unless rick knew what happened to her at the party and who did that horrible thing tammy saw They will contact him and tell him to go look for her and leave her in this part and leave, we'll worry about the rest... I don't think so...
whatever and wherever you are beautiful tammy...
rest in peace

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP15193

Skull remains found in 1990 - Melborne isn't far from where Tammy disappeared. I think this is a horribly long shot but the idea of connecting this with Tammy is interesting to me....
Interesting! Did you notice under the circumstances of discovery it says that a 10 year old boy “allegedly” found part of a skull near an elementary school and brought it home to try to “reconstruct it”?

My armchair detective mind immediately doubts this entire story! I’m wondering who this 10 year old boy’s dad is and if he was actually the one in possession of the skull pieces? Perhaps dad’s secret was discovered and he tried to brush it off as something his son found and brought home? The skull pieces very well be a trophy.

The fact that it say he allegedly brought it home also makes me wonder if this was a story that was told rather than actually having the skull pieces. I mean, do the cops have them or not? If they do, then allegedly must mean they don’t believe the story that was told.

Can you create a NAMUS profile with a story or does there actually need to be evidence?

Edited to add: I looked up the elementary school where the skull pieces were supposedly found. This school appears to be smack dab in the middle of a housing addition. Makes me further doubt the story that was told.

Last edited:
Interesting! Did you notice under the circumstances of discovery it says that a 10 year old boy “allegedly” found part of a skull near an elementary school and brought it home to try to “reconstruct it”?

My armchair detective mind immediately doubts this entire story! I’m wondering who this 10 year old boy’s dad is and if he was actually the one in possession of the skull pieces? Perhaps dad’s secret was discovered and he tried to brush it off as something his son found and brought home? The skull pieces very well be a trophy.

The fact that it say he allegedly brought it home also makes me wonder if this was a story that was told rather than actually having the skull pieces. I mean, do the cops have them or not? If they do, then allegedly must mean they don’t believe the story that was told.

Can you create a NAMUS profile with a story or does there actually need to be evidence?

Edited to add: I looked up the elementary school where the skull pieces were supposedly found. This school appears to be smack dab in the middle of a housing addition. Makes me further doubt the story that was told.

I did notice and that's what made the NAMUS entry stand out to me! I agree. While I can totally believe a kid finding remains and doing something silly like bringing them home to try and rebuild them, the reported location of them is too unlikely to be true in my opinion.

We've seen a lot of people take remains back to their house - I'm thinking of a case where someone displayed a skull they'd found in the woods on their mantlepiece for years! But there aren't many cases where bodies are hidden for so long near a school. It's a bit of a strange one, but I reckoned the elapsed time lined up with Ms Leppert's case.

2023​

1698401830458.png
image of Tammy Lynn Leppert obtained via FOIA request by Wild Orchid Media — a company wholly owned by author Kurt Dillon — republished with permission by the Florida State Police
1698401864537.png
A bathing suit picture of a smiling Tammy Lynn — Image acquired via FOIA request by Wild Orchid Media — a company wholly owned by author Kurt Dillon — published by permission of the Florida State Police

1698401908597.png
Tammy’s most iconic screen appearance, distracting the lookout during the iconic chainsaw bathroom killing in the movie ‘Scarface.’ — Image acquired via FOIA request by Wild Orchid Media — a company wholly owned by author Kurt Dillon — published by permission of the Florida State Police
1698401952928.png
Tammy not only had a small role in the film, but it was her bikini-clad body that was used for this official release poster of the movie ‘Spring Break’ — Image acquired via FOIA request by Wild Orchid Media — a company wholly owned by author Kurt Dillon — published by permission of the Florida State Police
1698401990908.png
An intimate friend of the family, shortly after Tammy’s disappearance, Chris Wilder would be killed in a shootout with police, and later identified as a prolific international serial killerThe image was acquired via FOIA request by Wild Orchid Media — a company wholly owned by author Kurt Dillon — published by permission of the Florida State Police

''Actress Tammy Lynn Leppert Disappeared After An Argument​

Actress Tammy Lynn Leppert who played in movies such as Scarface, went missing in 1983. On July 6th of that year Leppert left her home and traveled with an unidentified male friend in his car. The friend later told police that they argued and he left Leppert at an Exxon gas station in Cocoa Beach. Police and Leppert’s family suspected it was a known serial killer named Christopher Wilder who she went with but their was no supporting evidence . Leppert’s mother says her daughter had knowledge of a drug and money ring in Florida and her death resulted from it. . As of 2018, Leppert is still missing.'
CURIOUS FACT ABOUT 'SCARFACE' MOVIE.
18-year old Tammy Lynn Leppert a teen model and aspiring actress appeared in 2 scenes but then mysteriously dissappeared weeks after filming. She (or her body) was never found. pic.twitter.com/NQVcZQnF0u

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back