Leslie Van Houten up for parole again

Why doesn't Websleuths have a section specifically dedicated to the Manson Family and their crimes? Seems like a no-brainer to me. I'm sure it would see a lot of action with all the theories, details, and the general overall notoriety the topic still maintains to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the truth is people don't change.

Totally disagree with this. If for no other reason than if you're right we're all f$&ked as a civilization.

"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery." - Harold Wilson

I believe it. Looking back at old photos of Leslie it really makes you wonder. How did it all come to be? She doesn't seem to have any indicators in her background that would forecast such behavior. It was probably all done on impulse. Who knows. What she saw in someone like Charlie I'll never know.

View attachment 35656

It is very very sad what drugs and traumas can do to individuals, especially young people. Who knows what brain changes happened from her 'experiences'. I'm not defending her, just saying that there are people everywhere whose personalities have altered due to emotional and physical shocks (my deepest empathy goes to war vets) and due to drug use, legitimate ones included. Many detox clinics and online forums are dedicated to helping those who are struggling with brain changes due to these prescriptions, many prescribed for stress or trauma in a person's life. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have someone in a fragile state fall into Charlie Manson's "family".

But I completely agree with Tricia's assessment of what should happen to Leslie. Murder has its just punishments, restitution can NEVER be made when a life is taken, it is in a whole different realm.

My heart does go out, though, to those who are in deep emotional or physical distress, and I hope they are blessed enough to find their way to positive solutions rather than downward spirals. In the very same vein, in a perfect world, wouldn't it have been nice if GZ had offered TM a ride home in the rain that night, offered him brotherly counsel,and served as a blessing in his life that may have made all the difference in the history of the world?

Namaste, y'all! ~OneLove

One Love, I understand the idea that you're working with here, & even though I'm a BAD Buddhist, I still wish to see what an MRI w/contrast of some of their brain matter would show. I vacillate in the old nature/nurture debate. I still feel that there must be something inherently wrong/debased/evil in one's nature, aside from a horrendous nurture, to produce people who can stab pregnant women, or even hold them down whilst being stabbed, or say they felt no sympathy/empathy while they did it. I just feel that there's more than nurture working for many of these wretches. And I do believe, however unpopular it may be, that some people are irredeemable.

I've read that she has had several offers of employment, from her lawyers' offices and from friends of her family. This has been cited and backed up at the earlier parole hearings. Also--though this certainly doesn't guarantee a job--she has earned a bachelor's and (I think) a master's degree in prison. She also has organized and managed several service and educational groups inside Frontera.

BBM

I bet the people she helped murder wished they had had a chance at these accomplishments.

N.E.V.E.R, N.E.V.E.R. free any of them!!

There is quite a bit of information all over the internet right now if anyone wants to "refresh" their memory of these unspeakable events and people involved.

Not very "refreshing" , however........

"trending" on Yahoo....# 1.........
I went to one site.....enough to do more damage to my psyche today ...along with missing Alisa........think I'll go get some breaths of fresh air and cool off a bit.....
I just don't know what I think about LVH being released.....
any more thoughts?

Not being snarky at all, I just have a hard time calling these monsters "people".

I'm against the parole board using her prior use of LSD and acid against her, actually denying parole due to what IF she were to cm under the control of smone else again. Or take acid again. I watched the last parole hearing and that is what it cm dwn to for them. Lvh should b released, IMO she is the only one that should b paroled in this case. The board is holding her prior use of LSD against her and that is against the law in and of itself. Thought police, this parole board, and illegal as well. No flames pls Hv known and followed this case for more years than I care to post, lol.

The first time I read Helter Skelter I culdn't sleep with the lights off for a week. (I was 25 years old at the time) I checked every window and door lock for a month and had nightmares of people breaking in my home. The worst part of that book was knowing it wasn't the imagination of a horror story author. It was a TRUE and REAL murder that happened and that there are actual EVIL people that cold do that to human beings. Those people should never breath free air again.

I'm against the parole board using her prior use of LSD and acid against her, actually denying parole due to what IF she were to cm under the control of smone else again. Or take acid again. I watched the last parole hearing and that is what it cm dwn to for them. Lvh should b released, IMO she is the only one that should b paroled in this case. The board is holding her prior use of LSD against her and that is against the law in and of itself. Thought police, this parole board, and illegal as well. No flames pls Hv known and followed this case for more years than I care to post, lol.

I have to respectfully disagree, she murdered innocent people, acid or not, under control or not. SHE is a MURDERER.

None of those monsters deserve parole, they should have all been given death, they didn't allow their victims to live so why should they? All they are is a waste to tax payers money

I have to respectfully disagree, she murdered innocent people, acid or not, under control or not. SHE is a MURDERER.

None of those monsters deserve parole, they should have all been given death, they didn't allow their victims to live so why should they? All they are is a waste to tax payers money

Yes. IT was not just someone that she shot in self defense or an old boyfriend, These were innocent people they went out and tortured and butchered.
She should never ever see the light of day. None of them should.

I'm going to drop some acid and see how if affects me. I'll report back on my findings.

The first time I read Helter Skelter I culdn't sleep with the lights off for a week. (I was 25 years old at the time) I checked every window and door lock for a month and had nightmares of people breaking in my home. The worst part of that book was knowing it wasn't the imagination of a horror story author. It was a TRUE and REAL murder that happened and that there are actual EVIL people that cold do that to human beings. Those people should never breath free air again.

I'm with you, tgirl -- I got the book for Christmas just after it had been published, and we visited my DH's family just after Christmas Day -- I sat around with his family (about 20 of 'em -- cousins, aunt, uncles, etc., etc.), with my nose in that book until I finished it... I was cordial and social with them, but I did finish the book!

That book, and no other, convinced me that there should be a death penalty -- and I was quite against it before I read H. S. , but no more.

Did they have true Life Without Parole in CA when their sentences were changed? (In NC, we have only 2 sentences for 1st Degree Murder -- Death and true LWOP (it is true life; no parole, period). Each state is different...

The first time I read Helter Skelter I culdn't sleep with the lights off for a week. (I was 25 years old at the time) I checked every window and door lock for a month and had nightmares of people breaking in my home.

When I was married, my ex-wife had that book and it was the first true crime book I read. After that, I went out and bought my own book about Jack the Ripper.

When I was married, my ex-wife had that book and it was the first true crime book I read. After that, I went out and bought my own book about Jack the Ripper.
They both kept me up all night with the lights on. Hubs was on golf-bonding-male-cousins holiday, before we got so many dogs that I have an early warning system & before my custom Japanese knives. The true crime is infinitely more horrifying than the fiction.

Thanks, Stan, for that little anecdote -- not exactly endearing but a weird (of course) tidbit. Cray-cray then, cray-cray now. Peoria, huh? WTH was he doing up there? Thanks for the little bit!

Manson broke out of Boys Town with an accomplice named Blackie Nielson. They came here because Nielson had an uncle who lived in Peoria.

Why doesn't Websleuths have a section specifically dedicated to the Manson Family and their crimes? Seems like a no-brainer to me. I'm sure it would see a lot of action with all the theories, details, and the general overall notoriety the topic still maintains to this day.

I would like that too. We could start a thread somewhere and maybe the WS would put it in it's own section or something.

Want to give it a try?

I would like that too. We could start a thread somewhere and maybe the WS would put it in it's own section or something.

Want to give it a try?

I would like to see one on here, too!

And I would like one on Ted Bundy. There's lots of psychological stuff all over that story. Ted, his mom, his girlfriend, brown-haired women, etc. "The Mansons" and Ted could go in the "Famous/Infamous Murderer's Row" special category. What fun and good for sleuthing skills/research, etc.

:websleuther: .. :cop: .. :dracula: .. :ghost: .. :websleuther:

Leslie is articulate, personable, and beautiful when she was younger. She seemed to say all the right things while closely watching an interviewer to try and gauge what her response should be. When she was younger, she said it was sad the victims were dead but said she still goes on. Okay, they're dead, but what about meeee? Later, she came to understand that she had to show remorse in order to have some hope of parole, but as time went by, she seemed to become disillusioned because saying all the right things weren't getting her out. I don't think she does have the insight to herself about what might have lead her to do it or a deep down dose of remorse about it. She just seems to think if she tells everyone what they want to hear in a lovely way that will get her through.

Leslie is the one most likely to be released of the still-living Manson inmates.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back