Today is the day (10/14/08) the Grand Jury Meets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is appalling to me it takes a GJ to get to the truth. If they had ALL just told the truth from the beginning, this could have long been resolved by now and the odds are KC would have received a lighter charge than she is going to get now.

In my eyes CA, GA & LA have all just postponed and probably escalated the inevitable charges. When they look back on this I believe they will see they contributed to the higher charges by lying in the beginning.

Does this mean he knows Caylee died at that particular time 11:00???:waitasec:

I'm thinking LE has set the time of Caylee's murder between 11am and 11pm.

Looking at what else George is saying, to pray for Caylee at those times, it's all I can figure.

God help him. He looked and sounded terrible. I hope he's had somebody he could talk to these past few weeks.

Not IF the indictment is handed down, WHEN.

11:29 a.m.: WESH 2 News reporter Amanda Ober is outside the courthouse and caught up with Mark NeJame and George Anthony when they left earlier this morning. As he said to media inside the courthouse, NeJame said he wasn’t legally allowed to talk about what was said inside the grand jury room. But he added:

“All we can say is that George Anthony answered all questions directly and honestly and did what no human being could be prepared to do.” He added that if an indictment is handed up, he will comment.

What did he say??????:eek:

OMG this statement just gave me chills. I can only imagine the way this is ripping his heart out. Just think This Man knows his 3 yr old defenseless GD is dead. He knows his Daughter is the one who took her last breath from her. he knows his wife and son are either in on it or in complete denial. HE knows he is the only one who can stand up for this baby. thus doing so will tear the only family he has apart. I wish there was a way to make KC have a conscience I would like for her to feel the pain of knowing she put her father in this position and emotional hurt he is feeling. If it were me I would have confessed to just to save my parents from the extra hurt. I never could stand to see my mom cry when I did stupid stuff. It always made me feel guilty and was worse than any punishment she gave. my heart goes out to this man. nothing can be said or done to bring this man back to the normal life he had prior to june 15th, 2008.

No KC is not supposed to be there. Technically if the "suspect" is not in custody no one is supposed to even know WHO the suspect is. Tough to do that, though, with this case.

From the Orlando Sentinel today:

"They are allowed to ask witnesses questions and, if needed, ask to hear from specific witnesses. However, the state cannot force Casey Anthony to testify if she doesn't volunteer, and prosecutors must also question any witnesses who can offer evidence that could clear Anthony."

“All we can say is that George Anthony answered all questions directly and honestly and did what no human being could be prepared to do.” He added that if an indictment is handed up, he will comment.

http://www.wesh.com/breakingnews/index.html

I do hope that George told the truth and nothing but the truth regardless of the outcome to his daughter.

The fact is that someone in that family must stand up for Caylee and stop pouring all their efforts into protecting casey.

Caylee's life had value independant of her mother and her right's to her life were taken away in what was most likely a terror no one should ever have to feel, let alone a nearly 3 year child whose killer is her own mother.

CASEY SPENDING DAY AT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE

Casey Anthony was at her lawyer's office in Osceola County on Tuesday afternoon and she could be enjoying her last few hours of the limited freedom she now has. She is a suspect in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, Caylee's body has never been found.

Channel 9 reported that chloroform was found in the trunk of Casey's car and jurors will hear how investigators found that potentially deadly chemical in the same spot where Caylee's body had been at one point.

Casey and her mother, Cindy, left their east Orange County home Tuesday morning. She arrived at the office of her lawyer, Jose Baez around 11:00am. Even on a day when the Grand Jury is deciding her fate, Casey had nothing to say.

Cindy dropped Casey off at Jose Baez's office around 10:45am. Cindy left and then returned with paperwork, but neither said a word to reporters.

Casey appeared to be dressed more formally than normal, in pin-stripped slacks and a button-down shirt. There's no telling if her attorney suggested that attire because of the possibility that she could soon be appearing in another mug shot.

One topic of conversation Tuesday might be who would represent her in a murder trial. Jose Baez does not meet the usual criteria for a lead council on a capital murder case, but there is a new attorney on the case, too, Jonathan Kasen out of south Florida. He could become the lead.

Of course, in the end, Casey can insist that Baez represent her. She just has to be told before the court that he's unqualified.

As for a potential arrest Tuesday, Casey's scheduled to be home by 4:00pm. If an arrest warrant is issued before then, Orange County could call Osceola County and ask that deputies pick her up at her attorney's office or Baez could negotiate a surrender at the Orange County jail.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17705500/detail.html

Bold by me.

:eek: I winder if they are "the" pinstriped slacks? :eek:

Oh, wait, OSCO has those ones don't they? :waitasec:

Does anyone else think this isn't the first day of GJ? I originally thought it was but I'm having some doubts now.

Only 6 witnesses to testify isn't anywhere close to the number of witnesses with information to present.

I hope and pray that Caylee's "pop pop" told them everything he knew and he can find peace in his heart. I also hope he does not return to what must be a home filled with hatred, rage, and finger pointing. A hotel room with a candle lit for his sweet baby would be a far better end to his day. God be with him. I too believe he is the ONLY family member who will do all they can for Caylee.
The old sound bite where George is talking about Caylee saying "I'm two and a half (and he makes the hand gestures) it is obvious how much he loved that child. It is heartbreaking.

I hope Casey never sees the light of day and can be taken into custody without some poor me half assed attempt to hurt herself.

Stay strong George. You are Caylee's hero today.

Interesting post about the way KC was dressed today. Pinstriped pants and button down shirt?? My guess is that if an indictment comes down today JB will surrender her.

It has been noted that the pants CA found in the car, and washed, were pinstriped!

there's 0 concern on my end that she will be indicted for Murder and not manslaughter. I truly hope prosecution asks for the DP as well. What a sad ending for what could have been a beautiful and rewarding life for little Caylee. OMG. Hindsight is so hard.

Interesting post about the way KC was dressed today. Pinstriped pants and button down shirt?? My guess is that if an indictment comes down today JB will surrender her.

She knows the game is up and she is going back to jail.

active users viewing this thread - 249 members and 389 guests

I pray we don't crash!

So if we do overwhelm the server (and I'm sure we will be 1000+ readers as soon as the verdict comes down later today) do visitors here get kicked off first?

Sorry, stupid newbie question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member