GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

My guess for police not saying anything would be because they do not want to let out more information than necessary. If they have any new leads on a suspect, they more than likely want to keep that quiet due to the fact that a suspect may leave town. I am a criminal justice major and I am pretty sure they are keeping their cards close to their chests. This is just my opinion. I still have not heard anything but rumors. In small town Mississippi, you can hear just about anything!

I'd like to know what she bought at Walmart. If it wasn't food, was it clothing? Auto accessories? Toys? Stuff for gardening? Was she buying things for her mother? Perhaps she dropped off the groceries at her mother's house and then vanished.

One of the stories that I have heard is that her Wal-Mart receipt was found inside her home, as well as the items listed on the receipt. Again, this is only hear-say.

Since she lived on the premises, she would be locked in at night during the week. My assumption is that she traveled home on Fridays, spent Saturday and part of Sunday home, then traveled back on Sunday evenings (so she wouldn't have to get up at 0 dark thirty to travel the two hours from Carrollton (where her home with her husband is) to Gallman (where she stays for work during the week)

I am more comfortable with the locked in part now, thank you. Needed time to digest. I still believe that it may have been more related to the business as the timing would have to be pretty darn odd otherwise.

I'd like to know what she bought at Walmart. If it wasn't food, was it clothing? Auto accessories? Toys? Stuff for gardening? Was she buying things for her mother? Perhaps she dropped off the groceries at her mother's house and then vanished.

AFAIK there has been no list of her purchases.
It is posted somewhere in this thread that police found the receipt and items in her trailor
It was in one of the MSN articles

AFAIK there has been no list of her purchases.
It is posted somewhere in this thread that police found the receipt and items in her trailor
It was in one of the MSN articles

But... was the receipt and items found from the 1st visit to Wal Mart where she was seen on video leaving? I'm thinking there's no proof that she ever arrived at the Wal Mart for the 2nd visit.

Praying Linda is found! :please:

While her last name is Reed, her son's name is Sessums. And he has a brother with yet a different last name. So how long was she married to her current husband?

From earlier reports, LR's mother lives near Philadelphia, MS, approx 100 miles from the Hazlehurst/Crystal Springs, MS area. IF she visited her mother in route from returning from her weekend home in Carrollton, MS, I believe it would it have been before she arrived at the Wallmart in Hazlehurst, Ms.

Combed the regional news looking for updates and came up empty handed. Does anyone know if TES is still searching?

But... was the receipt and items found from the 1st visit to Wal Mart where she was seen on video leaving? I'm thinking there's no proof that she ever arrived at the Wal Mart for the 2nd visit.

Praying Linda is found! :please:

Nobody has stated what the time stamp was on the receipt found by police.
Since it has been stated that there is no video of her entering or exiting Walmart after the first visit and police have not announced that the receipt was from a later visit, I will assume that she went to Walmart once.

If the receipt was timestamped later, that would definately change the time line

She spoke to her husband around nine, I believe

Very odd case, I hope they can find some clues from her cell/work phone or home/work computers. I think the reason she was at work was either the end of the month close out....or it could have even been the end of the year. If so, I doubt she went home for the w/e.

Here's map....and if anything is incorrect, plz let me know.

A = Work
B = Home w/hubby
C = Walmart
D = Vehicle found
E = TES Command Post http://g.co/maps/5hdzc

All of the confusion between the MSM is enough to drive you bonkers. Someone really needs to nail down a timeline from LE....especially regarding the WM info.

Not saying she did anything, but since it was the EOM or EOY closing.....I hope they check their records...CLOSE. Never know.

I also wonder if she would have made a late deposit...hopefully if she does, it's early in day, but with closing, maybe she waited until she was all finished. ??

Reed was last seen leaving the Walmart in Hazlehurst at 7:45 p.m. Sunday, Jones said.
http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...man/-/9156946/12242916/-/t3aahpz/-/index.html

Surveillance tapes from Walmart show Reed leaving the store between 7 and 7:30 p.m. Sunday, relatives said.
http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...ction-suspected?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

Reed was discovered missing the morning of April 30 after last being seen at her office around 8:30 p.m. April 29. She had told co-workers to leave the gate open because she needed to go back to Walmart to pick up some personal items.
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012305070009

Linda Gale Reed, 65, was last heard from April 29 when she spoke with her husband about 9:00 p.m.
http://www.wlbt.com/story/18169591/missing-copiah-womans-whereabouts-still-unknown

Security footage shows her leaving the Walmart at 9:30 p.m. After that, cops have no idea where she went or what happened to her.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=79988

Quote:
Security footage shows her leaving the Walmart at 9:30 p.m. After that, cops have no idea where she went or what happened to her.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=79988

I read that a few pages back
has that been reported by more than one source?
Could it be an error?

How far away from her office is Walmart?

So once again, I am left to wonder whether Linda was seen on video leaving the WM once or both times? Sure wish it would be made clear. Were items found in the trailer only from the first visit or both? Sure makes an incredible difference in the timeline.

Praying Linda is found and brought home!

So once again, I am left to wonder whether Linda was seen on video leaving the WM once or both times? Sure wish it would be made clear. Were items found in the trailer only from the first visit or both? Sure makes an incredible difference in the timeline.

Praying Linda is found and brought home!

It is incredibly confusing
I beleive "receipt" the singular was used?
It must have a check out time on it, wouldn't it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back