CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it takes away from any of the article's good points, but author of the above op-ed piece, C. Killian, seems from a cursory online search to be at least a loose associate of John Burris. In fact, he endorsed him for local office, for whatever it's worth:

http://www.clintonkillian.com/contacts.html

PRB, your talk about Hasanni not being on video made something click in my head (marbles probably) and someone had posted a video in which LE said Hasanni wasn't on any surveillance videos they had looked at.

I didn't watch it because I was working on the list. Does anyone remember it? I'll try to find it again.

Thanks to NotMyKids http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54310@kpix.dayport.com

This would make sense since LE is using the last known siting of Hasanni as 8/6 because he was on the Walmart video. I'd like to see what other videos they've looked at. PYP, the bank, any from the street, etc. Were there good views and obviously Hasanni was NOT in the car or did they just not see him? Know what I mean?

This would make sense since LE is using the last known siting of Hasanni as 8/6 because he was on the Walmart video. I'd like to see what other videos they've looked at. PYP, the bank, any from the street, etc. Were there good views and obviously Hasanni was NOT in the car or did they just not see him? Know what I mean?

So wouldn't that definitely mean he was NOT seen at the PYP on 8/10? Seems like we could infer this from LE's statement.

Since LR is lying about Hasanni being at Shuz (LE believes he is) then it is possible he is lying about Hasanni being at PYP or anywhere else that LR has said Hasanni was at any point after August 6 (video at Wal-Mart).

If they don't have video and witnesses cannot verify that the child they heard or saw was Hasanni, they have to go with the August 6 video. IMO

Yes, JC said she kissed Hasanni good-bye on August 10, but I don't think she is very trustworthy either, at least in the eyes of LE.

If LE has spotted him on any video, they are keeping quiet.

I think since LE is coming out with such bold statements . . . "We know for a fact he wasn't in Oakland that day", "We know he is dead and LR and JC are responsible", "His last known siting was 8/6", etc . . . They should start letting us know how they came to these conclusions. IF what they are saying is legit, that would mean they have enough evidence to hold them, right? But, obviously not. I would think being able to prove Hasanni wasn't at Shuz as LR said, that alone would be enough to charge him with something. I'm starting to worry maybe LE is just assuming.

I think since LE is coming out with such bold statements . . . "We know for a fact he wasn't in Oakland that day", "We know he is dead and LR and JC are responsible", "His last known siting was 8/6", etc . . . They should start letting us know how they came to these conclusions. IF what they are saying is legit, that would mean they have enough evidence to hold them, right? But, obviously not. I would think being able to prove Hasanni wasn't at Shuz as LR said, that alone would be enough to charge him with something. I'm starting to worry maybe LE is just assuming.

I always try to keep in mind that LE are NOT obligated to tell the public the truth about any detail of the case. Often what they put out is strategic in nature - often to throw the perps off. Also, Ross and Jennifer aren't obligated to tell the public the truth - just to LE and the FBI.

Since LR is lying about Hasanni being at Shuz (LE believes he is) then it is possible he is lying about Hasanni being at PYP or anywhere else that LR has said Hasanni was at any point after August 6 (video at Wal-Mart).

If they don't have video and witnesses cannot verify that the child they heard or saw was Hasanni, they have to go with the August 6 video. IMO

Yes, JC said she kissed Hasanni good-bye on August 10, but I don't think she is very trustworthy either, at least in the eyes of LE.

If LE has spotted him on any video, they are keeping quiet.

I tend to think that if LR were lying about PYP, the incident would be steeped and overrun in DETAILS. We would prolly hear about the sign.....about the handprint on the door......how heavy the car door is.......how routine it was.......about 'that particular DAY'.......what he BASICALLY did.........what kind of part he was looking for......why...we'd get a description and history of the white car....why he was 'feeling his way' to PYP instead of having directions. He will detail you to death. Yet the bank, PYP, and the trip from Fremont to Rockridge...no details at all.....

I think when he's lying, he's pouring on the details to distract you from the lies and to lull people into saying "okay, okay ENOUGH, I believe you already, just STOP."

ETA: When the reporter said "Okay, walk me through that day"...LR started when? Not with the bank. Not with PYP. Not when the children got up. He started with 'leaving early (Fremont) and getting there late (to Shuz).' He started where the lies started. Which tells me that he started with the part he had to make sure we believed. The bank and PYP weren't important. Belief in the lie is what's important. That's what he needs the most.

Not that it takes away from any of the article's good points, but author of the above op-ed piece, C. Killian, seems from a cursory online search to be at least a loose associate of John Burris. In fact, he endorsed him for local office, for whatever it's worth:

FF, an excellent bit of sleuthing and some great background, as usual!

I always try to keep in mind that LE are NOT obligated to tell the public the truth about any detail of the case. Often what they put out is strategic in nature - often to throw the perps off. Also, Ross and Jennifer aren't obligated to tell the public the truth - just to LE and the FBI.

That is SO true. We really can't take anything as gospel given the restraints/requirements of police confidentiality and LR's "open mouth, out comes lies" just plain WTF?-ness. :confused:

LR admitted he didn't take either of the kids to the bank. If that BMW has tinted back windows I think it would be kind of hard to tell who was in the back seat from traffic cameras, etc. So that would leave the auto salvage yard or somebody actually seeing Hasanni getting out of the car in the alley (which doesn't seem to have happened). I really do find it odd that nobody remembers seeing Hasanni between 8/6 and 8/10. Didn't LR and JC go anywhere together? MOO

FF, you're the bomb! I always learn a little something from you. Note to self: do some research on the person who wrote the article.

I wonder if the clothes Hasanni was wearing in the Wal-Mart video were found in his house.

Is this Hasanni in the stripes? (Saw pic of JC holding AC, and the little girl looks like she is wearing white.)

When LR and Hasanni were walking, it looked like Hasanni had on dark coat.

art.security.oakland.jpg

video http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1870899437?bctid=36558193001

(To see dark coat. Maybe he took it off ... )

Noway, I believe that's his sister sitting in the cart there in the stripes. If you look at the whole picture, Hasanni seems to be crouched in the front wearing a spiderman hat.

Noway, I believe that's his sister sitting in the cart there in the stripes. If you look at the whole picture, Hasanni seems to be crouched in the front wearing a spiderman hat.

Thanks!

This was the entire picture posted where I saw it. I'll check our photo thread.

Yep:

20090901__ross%7E1_GALLERY.JPG

LR admitted he didn't take either of the kids to the bank. If that BMW has tinted back windows I think it would be kind of hard to tell who was in the back seat from traffic cameras, etc. So that would leave the auto salvage yard or somebody actually seeing Hasanni getting out of the car in the alley (which doesn't seem to have happened). I really do find it odd that nobody remembers seeing Hasanni between 8/6 and 8/10. Didn't LR and JC go anywhere together? MOO

BBM --

The pics I saw of the car, I didn't see the back window, but the side and front weren't tinted, so I would assume (eek!) the back wasn't, either. That's why I was thinking someone must've saw in the car sometime that afternoon when Hasanni was supposed to be in there.

LR stating about not taking the kids to the bank has always stuck out to me for some reason. Maybe he's just trying to stay ahead of everything -- knowing he would've been seen on camera and asked about it. BUT seems to me when people offer up info on something not asked about, it means something.

I just have to say - out of the cases I follow, this one has the least info available. Not sure what to think about that. Everything seems to be a dead end. Even JC and LR's pasts. Very odd.

BBM --

The pics I saw of the car, I didn't see the back window, but the side and front weren't tinted, so I would assume (eek!) the back wasn't, either. That's why I was thinking someone must've saw in the car sometime that afternoon when Hasanni was supposed to be in there.

LR stating about not taking the kids to the bank has always stuck out to me for some reason. Maybe he's just trying to stay ahead of everything -- knowing he would've been seen on camera and asked about it. BUT seems to me when people offer up info on something not asked about, it means something.

I just have to say - out of the cases I follow, this one has the least info available. Not sure what to think about that. Everything seems to be a dead end. Even JC and LR's pasts. Very odd.

Funny that...going to the bank alone. AND, on the day HC was reported kidnapped. AND, driving to the junkyard w/a child crying in the car & being unable to get his "part". I'd say those 3 incidents happening on the same day are extraordinary and linked.

We actually learned a lot about JCs' past. One thing that does stick out like a sore thumb is they have no friends.

I don't think Hasanni was killed at home. If he was, I think there would have been evidence and the dog would have hit.

"This dog is trained to find human scent of both alive and dead," said Rhonda Dyer of the Search and Rescue team. "We searched the home here and the area around it."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20353090/detail.html

BBM --

Colour added to Yellow's great post by me....

Most civilians (not security or LE) expect a bank to have security cameras. Perhaps Mr Ross remembered that banks would have cameras, knew that the children wouldn't be on film, so confessed to leaving them at home.

Was this a way to avoid further questions about the whereabouts of the children? Sometimes a perp will cough up info on a lesser crime to avoid looking guilty for a more serious transgression.

I wonder if LE has Mr Ross on other security tapes, with or without Hasanni? Perhaps tapes from video cameras where Mr Ross might not expect cameras to be. Some people would be amazed by just how often their image is recorded each day without them noticing.

This photo was posted by Shutterfly. Windows do not look tinted and if the camera had side shot of car, you'd be able to tell who was in back seat IMO.

BMW745i2.jpg

This photo was posted by Shutterfly. Windows do not look tinted and if the camera had side shot of car, you'd be able to tell who was in back seat IMO.

BMW745i2.jpg

They don't look tinted (if so, very little). If you look at some cars (from the factory) from the side back angle that this photo is taken from, the back windows look nearly black (the tint). We've never owned a BMW, so I can't give a "for sure" statement, but these windows don't look as though they are tinted darkly, IMO. (In the photo, you can see through the back windows, clear through, to the windshield, in the cars we've had, you can't do that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member