CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend just forwarded two e-mails to me from the search effort team to find Hasanni who are hoping to spread the word. Would it be appropriate to repost those here?

I think this would be alright if the purpose of the emails was to spread the word, and you are careful to leave out any email addys, etc.

If you're worried about it, though, paraphrasing would be safe.

Were they originally from the search group?

I think this would be alright if the purpose of the emails was to spread the word, and you are careful to leave out any email addys, etc.

If you're worried about it, though, paraphrasing would be safe.

Were they originally from the search group?

Yes, my friend was a participant in the last search group at Lake Elizabeth and the e-mails asked them to forward and spread the word.

Here is the forward I received. (Email addresses and phone numbers snipped.)

Volunteers,

I have attached the most recently updated missing person's poster of Hasanni. Please make copies and encourage others to do the same when you hand them out. Hasanni's face must be seen everywhere around the community so that he stays relevant and current to the media.

In addition, XXXXX, a volunteer dedicated to the cause, will be at the Rockridge BART station from 4 to 6 everyday handing out flyers and talking with the public about the volunteer efforts to find Hasanni. Please join her if you have some free time! Her email address is xxxx@xxxx.com.

There have been conflicting reports in today's news in regards to the time the search will begin on Sunday. It is scheduled to begin at 1PM. Please disregard any information that says otherwise. We are working diligently to make sure the media is informed of this correction.

Please forward this email to friends, family and colleagues.

Thanks everyone!

Courtney Tascoe-Burris (510)*advertiser censored*-XXXX
Sherri Miller- (510)*advertiser censored*-XXXX

Attachments

• HASANNI 60K REWARD.jpg
    HASANNI 60K REWARD.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 7
And that's what ultimately led me in the direction of within 3-5 miles or 10-15 minutes of Rockridge. I think he dumped him on the way and that's why he left an hour early and then wound up running late.

It just doesn't make sense to stage a kidnapping and dump the body right in your own neighborhood or at the local park you hang out in. KC did it, but her staged kidnapping story came well after the body had been disposed of. All of this happened within a relatively short period of time so your body would need to match your crime. He chose Rockridge for a reason, so I figure he put Hasanni somewhere so that if he's found, LR will say "see, the kidnapper dumped him in a hurry....right up the road here. I told you he was kidnapped from Rockridge!" Then the next logical comment, knowing LR, would be "oh, so you think I did something to him at my house, left no trace evidence in my house or my car, and carted him ALL the way to Rockridge where he was found to dump him?"

I don't think Hasanni is permanently gone and will never be found. I think he just dumped him, just like KC did. We just don't know where to look because of the 'fuzziness' surrounding his trip time and route.
I totally agree with this!! I think though it would all depend on how much planning LR put into it and how much time he had before he had to be at Shuz. MOO

A friend just forwarded two e-mails to me from the search effort team to find Hasanni who are hoping to spread the word. Would it be appropriate to repost those here?

Why not? Maybe you could delete names. If the mods don't like it, they'll take them off.

I also received this forwarded e-mail which requests forwarding it on to others, so I guess this is as good a place as any to do so:

Volunteers,

First, we want to express our profound appreciation for the effort that was put into last Saturday’s search at Lake Elizabeth. Now having successfully completed that task, it is time to turn our attention to the area where Hasanni was first reported missing, in Oakland. This Sunday (9/13) at 1:00 PM we will meet at the College Ave Presbyterian Church at 5951 College Ave, Oakland). This weekend’s volunteer event entails canvassing the neighborhood around and extending from the ‘Shuz’ shoe store (6012 College Ave, Oakland) in Rockridge. We will be knocking on doors, speaking with neighboring business establishments, and handing out flyers.

Many have asked, “Why Rockridge? Hasn’t that area already been searched?” This is true; the police searched that area in the days following Hasanni’s disappearance. However, it is imperative that we know for our own records that the area has been covered thoroughly to our standards. This can only be assured by checking ourselves. Depending on Sunday's turnout of volunteers, we would like to extend this search past Rockridge to the nearby uninhabited areas.

In other news, volunteer Chris XXXX is in the process of building a webpage focused on Hasanni and the search to find him. We are very thankful for Chris assuming responsibility for this. The url address will be HasanniCampbell.com, please look for it in the week to come. Let us know what you think!

We still need people to commit to contacting local hospitals and doctors’ offices about Hasanni, and providing them with his missing poster. Being that Hasanni has cerebral palsy, if he’s brought in for medical attention, we want the staff to be on alert. In addition, we need people to contact the superintendents of various school districts in the state, and provide them with Hasanni’s picture and description. That way, if anyone tries to register him in school, he will be identified. Volunteer, Terray XXXXX, has been kind enough to call schools around the bay area. We need those efforts extended out to the rest of the state. Please email back or call if you’re able to assist.

Also, we are in the process of planning a fundraiser to raise awareness about Hasanni’s missing status. We are still looking for high ticket items for the auction such as electronics, jewelry, plane tickets, etc. Anyone with ideas on different activities (i.e. carwash, auction, face painting) that would be appropriate for the event, please share! We would like for this auction to take place sometime toward the end of the month, likely September 26th. The more volunteer involvement we have in planning this event, the more successful it will be!

Our grassroots movement is the primary driving force keeping the search for Hasanni alive. Each of you is an essential part of the team, and together we are a force to be reckoned with. We hope that you are able to make it Sunday, and in other ways are able to contribute your talent and resources to the cause. Please RSVP with the number of people you’re bringing, and any other items/services you will be contributing for the search on Sunday.

Please forward this email to your friends, family, and colleagues.

Thank you,

Courtney Tascoe-Burris (510)*advertiser censored*-XXXX
Sherri Miller (510)*advertiser censored*-XXXX

Just adding that above emphasis is not mine. Last names, e-mail addresses and contact numbers taken out.

My issue with the dog search is what they gave the dog to key on 'Little Man,
I just feel there should have been at least 1 dog hot on that back door. I hate to say it but could they have tried to trick the dog. It has been done before in this business. If you don't want the person found you give an item that does not have the persons scent on it. Now, do I think LR is capable of thinking that far ahead and trying to pull that scam? WELL YES I DO. I just know that the dog or dogs should have led straight to the back door of Shuz if the rest of the Mon and Wed Hasanni had been brought there and entered through the back door.

There is the possibility that the dogs went to the door and were averted and were sent to the car to try over in a diff direction, but if there was a diff direction the dogs would have realized that and stopped going to shuz back door.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6958562
SNIPPED
Six search and rescue dogs were given the boy's scent from a swab that was wiped on his seat in the father's car.

IF LR did something to Hasanni sometime closer to the Walmart visit on the 6th, would the dogs be able to track off a scent 4 days old...or if LR CLEANED up with chemicals??:waitasec:

From the email posted by FF:

Many have asked, “Why Rockridge? Hasn’t that area already been searched?” This is true; the police searched that area in the days following Hasanni’s disappearance. However, it is imperative that we know for our own records that the area has been covered thoroughly to our standards. This can only be assured by checking ourselves. Depending on Sunday's turnout of volunteers, we would like to extend this search past Rockridge to the nearby uninhabited areas.

Are they really saying that they would do a better job (higher standards!) than the police in searching? While I'm sure the more help the better, I think the police plus dog squad probably did a really great job. Especially if they had to look where they were pretty sure Hasanni wasn't!

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6958562
SNIPPED
Six search and rescue dogs were given the boy's scent from a swab that was wiped on his seat in the father's car.

IF LR did something to Hasanni sometime closer to the Walmart visit on the 6th, would the dogs be able to track off a scent 4 days old...or if LR CLEANED up with chemicals??:waitasec:

Yeah, I imagine Hasanni's little butt hadn't been on that seat for a few days!

Does anyone else wonder how JC can still be involved with LR since the murder of HC has been assigned to him? Think about how you would feel when LE couldn't find HCs' scent in the parking lot?

When my husband lost our daughter in a store, I was instantly livid with him. (She was 2 and had just gone around the corner to another aisle to look at something. I found her squatted down, just staring at some product. You'd a thought she was reading the ingredients) AND, I didn't get over it for days, every time I looked at him I thought "You baby loser!" (he turned out to be a great father.)

She absolutely can't deny that he was not involved because she wasn't with him the entire day. That leaves only one possibility. She was involved too. This whole thing was a set-up.

Human nature being what it is (capable of anything) how can you vouch for another person when NO ONE ELSE ON THE PLANET was there to witness their behavior?

And that's why I suspect she's involved. During one of the initial interviews where the DF's were being interviewed I turned off the volume and watched just their behavior. The Aunt appears almost hysterical but I don't see any tears and I don't see her holding any Kleenex to wipe her tears or nose for that matter which would be produced if she was sincerely in pain.

Please note that my opinion and theories are just that.

During that same interview I found the FF's behavior odd especially sitting next to the one you claim to love who is heartbroken not to mention how someone would react while having to relive a tragedy that led to the disappearance of someone loved so much,

But, again, only my suspicious opinion

Should we allow discussion in the Who's Who thread? It is likely there would be some, but it almost seems better to discuss it here ... more visitors and input.

I'm the kind of person who likes the Who's Who to just be that but with others that I've done, I've found people like to discuss the entries so I'm willing to go with the majority ...

Just my thoughts noway, but I think it would be great to have your who's who as a reference. When we want to discuss we can come to this thread and if needed provide a link to the exact entry we are discussing. That way it keeps all the hard work that you did on that nice and clean and very readable, without having to scan through entries of discussion KWIM?

Again thank you for all the hard work and time you put into creating that reference for us. Amazing!

And that's why I suspect she's involved. During one of the initial interviews where the DF's were being interviewed I turned off the volume and watched just their behavior. The Aunt appears almost hysterical but I don't see any tears and I don't see her holding any Kleenex to wipe her tears or nose for that matter which would be produced if she was sincerely in pain.

Please note that my opinion and theories are just that.

During that same interview I found the FF's behavior odd especially sitting next to the one you claim to love who is heartbroken not to mention how someone would react while having to relive a tragedy that led to the disappearance of someone loved so much,

But, again, only my suspicious opinion

Hi Novice Seeker--welcome. Just a friendly note: we informally decided a few threads back that we needed to call Louis Ross "LR" rather than "FF" because we have a great sleuther named ForensicsFan who we call "FF". The initials caused some confusion--which was actually a bit humorous--but since it's confusing we more or less agreed that Ross should be "LR" !! Jennifer= JC, etc. :)
Glad to have you here- you are contributing interesting ideas.

Should we allow discussion in the Who's Who thread? It is likely there would be some, but it almost seems better to discuss it here ... more visitors and input.

I'm the kind of person who likes the Who's Who to just be that but with others that I've done, I've found people like to discuss the entries so I'm willing to go with the majority ...

Personally, I'd like to see it as a no discussion, reference thread - otherwise, it's not much more helpful than the discussion threads.

People are more than welcome to quote the posts they wish to discuss over here for a consult.

Just my two cents.

I'm with you on the thread being reference only. That's what I'll do.

QUOTE=Columbo;4146614]Hi Novice Seeker--welcome. Just a friendly note: we informally decided a few threads back that we needed to call Louis Ross "LR" rather than "FF" because we have a great sleuther named ForensicsFan who we call "FF". The initials caused some confusion--which was actually a bit humorous--but since it's confusing we more or less agreed that Ross should be "LR" !! Jennifer= JC, etc. :)
Glad to have you here- you are contributing interesting ideas.[/QUOTE]

My apologies. For future is the reference link where we go to get our codes for persons being discussed?

QUOTE=Columbo;4146614]Hi Novice Seeker--welcome. Just a friendly note: we informally decided a few threads back that we needed to call Louis Ross "LR" rather than "FF" because we have a great sleuther named ForensicsFan who we call "FF". The initials caused some confusion--which was actually a bit humorous--but since it's confusing we more or less agreed that Ross should be "LR" !! Jennifer= JC, etc. :)
Glad to have you here- you are contributing interesting ideas.

My apologies. For future is the reference link where we go to get our codes for persons being discussed?[/quote]

bolded by me

It might be, but in general, I think you are safe just sticking with the person's actual initials ! So far there is no duplication in actual name initials.

No need to apologize! Thanks for understanding--I didn't know if it was my place to alert you to the name abbreviation problem, but I figured it could stem a lot of future confusion. :blowkiss:

Hello everyone! Boy, have you all been hard at work! I've been awol this last week between being sick and just very busy and I've found myself with a empty am before a busy weekend -- So . . . .

I only read back a couple pages, hopefully I didn't miss too much. I rewatched the KTVU video Doobiedoo posted (Thanks!). I'm still in awe over their body language in every interview they do. They sit there all laid back and chill, not comforting, touching or even looking at eachother. Most of the time I wonder if JC is even real the way she sits there not moving or blinking :poke: And of course it's ME ME ME, rarely mentioning Hasanni.

When LR mentions the K9 thing - he said the dogs "went wild" and the handlers told them they picked up Hasanni's scent in the apt building. So, apparently the dogs picked up his scent enough to "go wild" and what? The cops just didn't look? They said "Oh well"? And then I guess LR and JC did the same? If my child was missing and K9's picked up his scent, I'd be searching there myself. If LE didn't search, I'd be throwing a fit, not making it casual couch conversation. I'd knock on every door 5 times a day and sit my butt at the door of the apt building. I'd really like to hear what LE and the K9 handlers have to say about this. And, of course, the video LR says they have of the dogs "going wild".

Hello everyone! Boy, have you all been hard at work! I've been awol this last week between being sick and just very busy and I've found myself with a empty am before a busy weekend -- So . . . .

I only read back a couple pages, hopefully I didn't miss too much. I rewatched the KTVU video Doobiedoo posted (Thanks!). I'm still in awe over their body language in every interview they do. They sit there all laid back and chill, not comforting, touching or even looking at eachother. Most of the time I wonder if JC is even real the way she sits there not moving or blinking :poke: And of course it's ME ME ME, rarely mentioning Hasanni.

When LR mentions the K9 thing - he said the dogs "went wild" and the handlers told them they picked up Hasanni's scent in the apt building. So, apparently the dogs picked up his scent enough to "go wild" and what? The cops just didn't look? They said "Oh well"? And then I guess LR and JC did the same? If my child was missing and K9's picked up his scent, I'd be searching there myself. If LE didn't search, I'd be throwing a fit, not making it casual couch conversation. I'd knock on every door 5 times a day and sit my butt at the door of the apt building. I'd really like to hear what LE and the K9 handlers have to say about this. And, of course, the video LR says they have of the dogs "going wild".

bolded by me.

I wonder why LE hasn't commented on this proclamation of LWRIII--or maybe they are saving it for a trial?
Their reactions and actions just don't fit with what they pretend to feel. If it were my son, and dogs had "gone wild" with his scent, I'd be over there searching, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86