South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/austin_renaud_defendant_in_pho_1.html

At about 4:15 on the video the lawyer when asked if it's been tough on Renaud says "being indicted or charged with crimes is about the worst experience you can probably have".

I could think of a couple of things around this case that seemed worse.

um yeah seriously! omg...and to think we likely haven't heard the worst of it.

eta: I think being 12 years old and coming home to find your 15 year old sister hanging from a stairwell is probably the worst experience you can have. as well as everything Phoebe went through.

I just checked the today show website and I think this is what they were talking about:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/36684580#36684580

Basically it's talking about the essays she wrote, the cutting one, in particular :rolleyes:. I'm not trying to say there's absolutely nothing to it, but as I said, I hate to focus in on it too much. It may be something she was interested in, it may be something her friends went through, it may be something she went through. It may be the first book that jumped out at her at the library. Who knows at this point, we have no evidence right now of anything of the sort.

They also talked about how she encountered some bullying at Villiers so transferred to her mom's school in Ireland. Her parents were separating and she was dealing with moving away from Ireland, her parents being separated, and not being near her father, all things we knew.

eta: they actually had a real screen shot of what one of the girls said after Phoebe died, that she brought it on herself or something along those lines, and also had a picture of Sean and KB smiling big! for the camera at cotillion, two short days after Phoebe died.

Thanks, bear! I don't put much thought into the cutting essay. But the bolded part of your post...well, that made me smile. :) I'll look for the online video for our media thread, later today...unless someone else posts it first...

Litterbox also has a new posting about the Today Show...
http://run4chocolate.wordpress.com/

Reading SH area headlines at WWLP and came across this on their front page...

I tell you...that would be that day hell froze over, the day that I would turn away a hungry, homeless cat. BOY...glad I don't live there. I'd have no time for this forum. I'd be camped out with meow mix at city hall. ;)

http://www.wwlp.com/subindex/news

ha! I'd be right there with you :)

Phoebe's story helps another girl...THIS is why it's important to spread awareness...

"Mom: Bullying suicide case saved my daughter
Woman saw signs, intervened after learning about Phoebe Prince"
The words were hauntingly similar to what Phoebe Prince was reported to have said before the 15-year-old committed suicide.

"My daughter said things like, 'I can't go on,' and 'Nobody will help me and nobody can help me,' " recalled Carla Carey of Foxboro, Mass.

For months, Carey's daughter had reported harassment by a classmate to school officials, who said they looked into her complaints but could not corroborate the incidents. Then a recent spate of calls, which Carey overheard, left her daughter in tears — and sounding like Prince.
Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36686284/ns/today-today_people/#ixzz0lkJPQcor

I think you hit the nail on the head a little while back, Laurence, when you said Phoebe is just one huge inconvenience for the people in SH. I'm not gonna say all, and I'm not even gonna say the majority although it could be, but for far too many she was and is an inconvenience and that's all. Too many don't care that a 15 year old lost her life too early or that a family is in an enormous amount of pain. They just care that their lives are being disrupted and that the whole country is looking at them, and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Underlining and bolding mine.

I hope that I contribute to eventually clearing this up so that we can devote time to the realities of this case and also focus our energies upon what each one of us can do to get bullying addressed as the serious issue it is, get it classified as the Hate Crime that it is, the violation of Civil Rights that it is and most especially get it treated as the child abuse that it is and get it punishable (harshly) by law ZERO FREEKIN TOLERANCE so that some sense can be slapped into some willful little deranged BRATS and as few kids as possible have to suffer what Phoebe did and so that hopefully no more kids will kill themselves as result of this stupidity.

And so that people who choose to create little replicas of themselves, to inflict upon the Earth and society tiny copies of their own ignorant selves will hopefully be encouraged to do some actual PARENTING or to surrender their kids to people capable of this via Legal adoption.

Rather than investing time on stuff that is just totally inaccurate.

Underlined parts above just...I don't even know where to begin really.

If you genuinely believe those things to be true...within your heart, intuitively, rationally this is what you've concluded to be true.....wow.....theres prolly not alot anyone can say to convince you otherwise cuz those things are........they defy logic completely....I can't even think of how to try and refute that stuff cuz its just so :eek:ut there"...........just wow.

Good news is Bolded part is accurate though!!

It was hard as HELL because reporters have hounded people beyond what you can imagine then only reported stuff that made SH appear to be a den of wolves but I managed to make contact with some students, residents and even a couple family members of the accused bcuz I was totally baffled by the lack of sadness in SH being shown by media. I'd never seen a situation wherein a community could be expected to be grieving but apparently was not so I was forced to contemplate if SH was a town without a soul.

Its really not. The media has chosen to focus upon things other than how South Hadley residents and damn near ALL of the kids at the school feel about and this and how it has effected them.

SH is indeed feeling inconvenienced but NOT in the least by Phoebe Prince, not in any way this.....the overwhelming majority of residents...nowhere even close to what you describe. Most people there, students and non they can't even comprehend how any one with a brain could reach the conclusion that they feel anything but deeply saddened about what happened.

A question kept coming up and its a good one, from people in SH:

"How would YOU feel if the little town you lived in, at its only High School a girl from Ireland, the country our own ancestors came from and us Irish just like Phoebe and she was called "Irish *advertiser censored*" by some kids you don't even KNOW and they torment her so bad she hangs herself??"

They wanna know why you would think they feel any differently than how you or any non-crazy person would feel about this!!!???.

They wanna know how you got the idea that they are....everyone in the town or just MOST OF THEM, like the kids who tormented Phoebe seem to them to be....just like seem to many of you, sociopaths....they wanna know how in God's name you reached the conclusion that they are for these kids they don't even know when these kids tormented a girl Irish like themselves and called her Irish *advertiser censored*?.

I kinda wanna know that too. Cuz its fairly "strange" how people have bought in so totally to this concept of "evil little town".

Just, like I said, defies all logic....like episodes of twilight zone or outer limits it makes no sense or like any episode of LOST...totally nonsensical, insultingly implausible and completely and utterly ridiculous.

People in SH felt inconvenienced by 4 things, pretty much in this order:

1). an extremely aggressive media who from the start of this chose to air/report only that which would frame the school and, to a lesser degree, the town as having considered Phoebe an outsider and having chosen willfully to not protect her then when she died sought only to shelter "their own". These kids, in the opinion of most within the town and at this point pretty damn close to ALL except for the accused families and their friends consider these kids....well...that brings us to inconvenience #2:

2). A group of poorly raised and/or spoiled brat kids who caused hell to reign down on the town. If you can honestly get yourself to believe that a town of 17,000 most of whom have no association whatsoever with these kids or their families are somehow involved in a sort of "cabal" or allegiance that has them, as if they are Stepford Wives, zombified walking to the beat of some mysterious drum thats causing them to be blind to the evil that took place and to be unable to reject this with every ounce of their being and feel the same about these kids as the most the rest of America and The world DOES then you have allowed yourself to become brainwashed by the media. They just want this over with, so would you. They want these kids punished, just as you do.

A great deal of students at SHHS on a day soon after Phoebe's death wore stickers memorializing her and they refused to speak, total silence except for the sound of crying when kids broke down which even the "toughest" kids on campus did you can't imagine what it was like unless you have been through something like that. The media showed nothing of this. The only images you'll see of the area set up in the library that kids covered in candles and notes to Phoebe are those belonging to kids. The media was there. They showed nothing of this.

People cried in the streets, broke down in public. People who didn't even KNOW Phoebe. Parents. People who didn't have kids. This went on for days and even got more intense as knowledge of what a few kids had put Phoebe through got around the town. The town, like the school was engulfed in an air of sadness, total "strangers" shed tears for a 15 year old girl they never knew, alot of people left candles, stuffed animals, cards, letters all kinds of stuff all over the front and side area of Phoebe's house. The media showed you a picture of 1/50th of that.....a gated area of the front fence.

3). and this is at worst TIED for "inconvenience" with #2 above...The administration of South Hadley High School. At the most recent meeting of the school board, when those who attempted to speak against Sayer and Smith were tossed out of the meeting some who support Sayer/Smith were allowed to speak. Of these a late 30 year old- mid 40's I don;t know exactly what age but living with his mom, unemployed tools around SH on a BICYCLE has no kids guy....

That outta tell you something. People in SH ain't clamoring to support these guys...just the opposite. Its a small town though and people have to deal with the realities of that.

One of those realities is that there are people so ashamed and saddened by this situation that they want to move away from South Hadley but...and this is the FOURTH INCONVENIENCE prolly not FOURTH in order of inconveniences to MANY current residents of SH...

4.) their property values, already low bcuz the housing crisis, foreclosures tight credit recession etc, have plummeted even FURTHER bcuz ain't no one with a KID coming anywhere NEAR South Hadley...people who have to pass through to get to Springfield you can hear their cardoor-locks plunk down as soon as they see the South Hadley sign.

Most people in SH believe that they'll get past this, no time soon mind you but they strongly believe that Sayer is not gonna weather this storm, Smith prolly not either. Theres a good number of people in SH who don't have a clue why the hell Sayer was brought in from Amherst anyway....in the first place and they recognize him as the ratfink that he is. If you just substituted "Gus Sayer" for Phoebe in your rumination about what folks in SH feel "inconvenienced" by you'd have PART of the answer of whats bugging them.....Get real about the people of SH use some common sense, these are regular people just like you and your neighbors....they are not what the media has portrayed them to be, alot of them are even more devastated by this tragedy than any of us are or ever will be cuz Newton is a fairly major street (where Phoebe's house still sits) and they gotta drive by that house, see it on a regular basis.

What do you think the FEEL when they see that house???

If you answer "nothing" or anything other than deep grief you are so wrong there aren't even words within the English language to adequately describe the depth of your wrongness.

The last thing these people consider Phoebe Prince to be is an "inconvenience". Most people in South Hadley, again, would not be capable of grasping how anyone could even manage to get to a place where they could even IMAGINE such a thing.......let alone believe it.

Dr. Phail...:)

If you read FB, as I know you do, you have seen postings from SH peeps saying "GO AWAY MEDIA", making excuses for the bullies, blaming Phoebe, defending Smith and Sayer. Those comments give the appearance that they think Phoebe is an inconvenience, imo. Now, agreed...most people in SH may be hurt and wounded as you say. No argument, there. But they need to speak up. They need to make their voices heard above the nutbars. I know bear was not blanketing the whole town with that statement, I've read her posts, she has compassion. But...you must admit...it does look like "bizzarro land"?

An underage drinker gets an over the limit charge????? Bizzarro, buddy...:)

Dr. Phail...I certainly do love the way you write, at times...love this...thanks for the laugh! :)
"people who have to pass through to get to Springfield you can hear their cardoor-locks plunk down as soon as they see the South Hadley sign."

Dr Phail, If more people like you spoke up then I am sure the general public would not view South Hadley so badly. I totally agree that most people here are most probably decent people but the sad thing is that the most vocal South Hadley residents seem to be the ones standing up for the bullies, the ones that will throw sly digs at Phoebe and her parents in order to make excuses for for the actions of a few.
Also I think the biggest reason people are viewing South Hadley in a bad light is because of the way the school officials dealt with this case, with not an ounce of genuine compassion or sense of justice. They are the ones who (IMO) people are taking their lead from, especially the students. It was dealt with very badly from the start, no punishments meted out just some students (and not even all the students involved) asked to withdraw from the school. If they had come down more harshly on these students because they abhorred bullying, if they had shown people that they cared about what had happened to Phoebe I truly believe that the media would have looked away from South Hadley by now but all their actions immediately after it happened and in the following months showed them to be more worried about covering their own arses.
Some of the students who I have seen post comments about leaving South Hadley alone etc. talk more about the effects on their own lives with little apparent compassion for Phoebe or her family, its more like "this happens all over the place, you can't do anything about it so just go away". It just comes across as cold and uncaring.
Yes I have seen some lovely comments from people in South Hadley but they are just not as frequent sadly.
This is just my opinion as a South Hadley outsider, I do not think the whole town is bad I just think it has a few bad eggs at its helm and same goes for the students of South Hadley, I think that most of the students are normal nice kids, same as anywhere, but its the mouthy, hard-necked, spoilt ones that seem to do most of the talking.
Maybe its time for the good people of South Hadley, young and old to speak up and drown out the ones that are damaging your reputation.

OMG...WWLP is taking the essay to a WHOLE new level!! What a crock!! She was NOT talking about herself, it was a book report! I knew it'd come from WWLP. IMO...their coverage has not been balanced. WHO is this so-called DOCTOR?

Notice the build up...NEW, DISTURBING, DETAILS...makes it sound BIG....it's a darn BOOK REPORT, idiots!

SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) - There are new details emerging about Phoebe Prince, in the days and months before she committed suicide. School essays she wrote about "cutting", paint a disturbing picture about the freshman's emotional well-being.

NBC News obtained two essays that Prince wrote for a South Hadley High School English class. On one of the essays, the 15 year-old wrote about a book she read called, "Cutting", written by a psychotherapist.

Prince writes: "This book I really connected with, as I found there was truth in every word." She says self-mutilation is about "trying to transfer the pain from emotional to physical."

Dr. Barry Sarvet, a Baystate Medical Center child psychiatrist, explained that cutting is a tell tale sign of depression.
Cutting may be a sign of depression...but.....WE HAVE NO PROOF PHOEBE WAS A CUTTER! She simply WROTE an book report!

AND...HOW does it matter??? It has no bearing on WHAT THEY DID! They STALKED, they HARASSED...so...if she had issues...IT'S OKAY???

THIS is NOT relevant or accurate, imo...it's SPIN.

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/prince-wrote-about-cutting-in-class

WHAT they DIDN'T print from Phoebez Blog..."people CLOSE to me" she WROTE! NOT HER! This makes me so angry...they actually CUT her sentence OFF to fit their premise!!

From WWLP..
SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) - There are new details emerging about Phoebe Prince, in the days and months before she committed suicide. School essays she wrote about "cutting", paint a disturbing picture about the freshman's emotional well-being.

NBC News obtained two essays that Prince wrote for a South Hadley High School English class. On one of the essays, the 15 year-old wrote about a book she read called, "Cutting", written by a psychotherapist.

Prince writes: "This book I really connected with, as I found there was truth in every word." She says self-mutilation is about "trying to transfer the pain from emotional to physical." Dr. Barry Sarvet, a Baystate Medical Center child psychiatrist, explained that cutting is a tell tale sign of depression.

FROM PHOEBE....
Some questions that arise from the book for me are; how does the author himself cope with dealing with such a morose field? How does he manage to understand what’s going on inside the self-mutilators head? I think Levenkron does a great job of bringing self mutilation a usually tabooed subject in our society to light. I think he wrote the piece to show that people shouldn’t be afraid of speaking out about self-mutilation and those who do it shouldn’t be condemned as selfish. This book I really connected with as I found there was truth in every word that Levenkron wrote and it helped me comprehend what people close to me have gone through.

IF she'd gone through it, idiots at WWLP, she wouldn't have to TRY and COMPREHEND! AND WHY did you cut her sentence in HALF???

http://phoebepenglish9e.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html

ETA: NOTICE...they changed her post to add a comma and cut off everything after "and"...OMG.

If you read FB, as I know you do, you have seen postings from SH peeps saying "GO AWAY MEDIA", making excuses for the bullies, blaming Phoebe, defending Smith and Sayer. Those comments give the appearance that they think Phoebe is an inconvenience, imo.

I appreciate what you're saying. Don't allow those who are "blaming Phoebe" and/or coming out in support of Smith/Sayer to make you believe that they are representative of SH cuz they're not. These people represent SH as much as Al Queda represents Muslims or as much as The Trailer Park Boys are representative of Canadians.

Now, agreed...most people in SH may be hurt and wounded as you say. No argument, there. But they need to speak up. They need to make their voices heard.

They tried to be heard. Be mindful of the fact that most media didn't latch onto this story until the latter part of March, about 72 days after Phoebe died, some of the National Media not going "full barrels" until April and other parts of the world not jumping in as late as April 7th or so.

Most media came in with one focus. This was the story of a school administration that turned their back on a student, allowing her to be tormented before their eyes and eventually bullied to death.

Then Sayer started talking.

Had Sayer never opened his mouth MAYBE the media HAS to report on the community's pain...just to have footage of something but Sayer + Talking is not a good combination, dude is lame.

Universe making a FUNNY by having this dude named "SAYer" cuz he's the LAST DUDE who should be saying ANYTHING. Universe's funny not so funny here though more aggravating, perplexing, mind numbingly dumb than funny.

There was plenty of footage shot however by channel 22 and other "locals" directly after Jan 14 that CNN, NBC, CBS could easily have gotten, were offered likely HAD that they could run to show the absolutely heart wrenching devastation the community felt, had they wanted to portray South Hadley's reaction to this tragedy....they could have "squeezed this in" between Sayer's idiocy....which they should have done but they chose not to. Maybe that was in part bcuz of that 72 day delay but News producers are smart enough to know that if they do not show a town's sadness that a misconception about the town will follow. 22 and the other locals showed that side of course but 95% of those who have come to be invested in this story never saw any footage of the devastation this caused the community. Like I said in that other post: this was an Irish girl from the "homeland" where most of this area's ancestors came from and she was called Irish *advertiser censored* by kids that only a teeny tiny minuscule portion of the town's population have any "allegiance" to and a hell of a lot MORE in the town who know anything at all about these kids know that, some of these kids, their (single) parents are headcases, possible white trash drug addicts or just parents who don't attempt to reign in their kids so they're not FANS of these kids.....the few that even friggin KNOW THEM!!!

Really the only true exception to this is the Mulveyhills....generally regarded as "very good to great" parents, family known cuz they were active in sports, church....the community.....beyond them South Hadley's "perception" of these kids and their parents, to an overwhelming extent ....where any opinion on them even existed at all prior to this incident, pretty much falls off a cliff....

If you could truly KNOW how ridiculous it is to think that SH is defending or on the "side of" Ashley and Sharon you would laugh out loud the idea is so absurd and so opposite the truth....Kayla and Flannery, theres some that will rise to their defense but mostly family and friends of these....more beyond these than for Ashley and Sharon...pretty much only family and close family friends there....don't expect to see a "We support Ashley Longe" page anytime soon and were one to come to be it'd have, like, 6 members.....anything above that would mean that 6 people created multiple facebook accounts to make it appear the club was less empty.

Theres a reason you see only one (really) facebook page claiming support for a "bully" and thats for Sean Mulveyhill......

more than a few people are really really puzzled by what the hell went wrong with this kid here......which is why I've been asking "why was Sean so mad at Phoebe".......I have gotten some opinions....the answer to that is gonna be very important. When and if it is known. Deal is with Sean that he was a snake, a flirt, a fake christian, a thief and a liar among other unsavory things but he (apparently) also had a good side (at some point at least) which is making people not just give up on him.

Maybe they know why he was mad at Phoebe.....a few of them must anyway.

I ain't made the right "contact" to feel like I've found this answer.

they (South Hadleyningas) need to speak up. They need to make their voices heard above the nutbars.

Nutbars??!!??

Must be a Canadian term.

Right now much of the media is gone, finally. Even of they weren't though were SH residents to rise up and say "tell the truth of how the town FEELS" at this late hour that would come of as "on there they go thinking only of themselves.......how they look"

Pretty much whats done is done.....not much they can say at this point. There is not alot of division in the town about Sayer seems overwhelmingly people want him gone

Smith.....lotta people have love for Smith and the fact is that theres people who maintain that there were links in the armor beneath Smith, as principal, that are in place to get aware of bullying issues and bring these to his attention when warranted.....others say he's the principal he should have known PERIOD.

We gotta get more specifics on Phoebe's visit to whomever it was on the 7th Jan. and details on what was discussed in her Mom's 2 visits to the school.

I sense that Phoebe was less than totally "forthcoming" about the depth of the bullying problem...what was at its root, I wouldn't be surprised if even its revealed that Mrs. Prince went in on her own, and not at Phoebe's request....all I mean by this is if Mrs. Prince didn't realize the depth of the problem perhaps she was less demanding than she would have been that a solution be found immediately....we just don't have enough details on what took place in these meetings, hopefully we will oneday.

Of paramount importance is the fact that the 2nd group, Sharon/Flannery it appears do not really "get going" on bullying Phoebe until approx. Jan 5th....maybe later....I don;t know for sure seems I have heard that they did some stuff prior to Christmas Break which would have been in Dec. but I only saw that stated in one place......kids I have talked with (that even knew at all) said they didn't know That Phoebe had beef with Flannery until January just before Sharon got suspended which was Jan. 7th....

You can say all you want that "they knew" but until we get some sort of time line that includes details of what was discussed within meetings the only people who can say for sure what they knew is admin of the school and Mrs. Prince.

I know bear was not blanketing the whole town with that statement, I've read her posts, she has compassion.

I am sorry for coming off like I was blasting bear, the "you" I used there was intended as a general you but I know it didn't come across that way. I have no stake on repairing the image of South Hadley just every single person I have talked to said the same thing, the pain was real and intense at the loss of Phoebe.

Plus bears are scary.

I think theres maybe no more scary animal than a bear.

Okay, maybe a tiger. And a shark. and a havelina....they're more scary than a bear but thats all.

But...you must admit...it does look like "bizzarro land"?

An underage drinker gets an over the limit charge????? Bizzarro, buddy...:)

yeah well I won't argue with that. Its definitely a weird little town in some ways but, man, most people there were totally crushed by this thing.

I mean, the key thing to focus upon here is even though Pheebz was born in England she was in Ireland since she was 2 and she was an Irish Girl through and through and many people saw their "Mums", grandmums, in Pheebz.....

she was Irish just like they are. The more people learned of this thing the sicker they became, literally heartsick....and thats no over cause the docs we got I understand are just "joinders", not designed to lay out in great detail the totality of incidents upon which charges are based so along with the trashing of Phoebe we got a bunch more shoes maybe yet to fall re: details of what these little sociopath monsters actually DID to poor Pheebz. :(

I know that a large part of what first got me interested in this story, as an outsider, someone who does not live in or near the town & was not immediately affected by what happened, was the comments being made both in news stories (Angeles Chanon saying, basically, 'Kids call names, what's the big deal?') and in the comments to the news stories (the endless stream of 'kids will be kids', 'girls are mean, she should have just learned to deal with it', 'boys will be boys & will do anything for sex, that's just the way it is', etc.)

What concerned me in that & what made me feel like I needed to read more, to try to understand, was the lack of substantial follow-up from anyone saying "Yes, kids do bad things, that's true. That's why they have parents, to teach them how and why what they're doing is wrong." It seemed, from the imbalance in the comments being made, that society as a whole, at least as it applied to this high school in this community, had given up on saying 'this is wrong behavior' to their children.

And, yes, it's the internet - so, there is always likely to be a disproportionate representation of people who feel strongly & have enough time on their hands to post about their feelings. I know that. But, even then, I still don't see many people saying "Hey, wait a minute, I live here and I think these kids were wrong in what they did".

It leaves me, the outside viewer & a parent of elementary aged children -and- a teen, with the worry that, maybe, this 'giving up on teaching our kids that some things are just wrong' *is* a societal trend & something that I should be concerned about. It leaves me feeling like a 'grumpy old man' talking about 'parents these days'.

So I, for one, would be thrilled if the adults of South Hadley showed me that my impression was wrong - that they are still willing to correct children & teens when they make the mistakes that children & teens will make, instead of just shrugging their shoulders, saying 'kids will be kids' and walking away.

So, to put it more succinctly. I'm sure that people were sad when a teen in their community killed herself. In fact, it might sound cold, but I'm not sure whether that matters to me.

What I'd like to know is whether people in the community (and in the world at large) are OK with kids being cruel to other kids, these days. That they accept that behavior as unchangeable and think that the only thing that can and should be done is to teach kids how to cope with the unchangeable, inevitable cruelty that will be directed at them.

Wow...so glad you posted, Maureen. Great post. :blowkiss:

and...my comment...I co-sign what YOU said...lol...;)

Dr. Phail...please...shhh...between you and me...some of my dear fellow Canadians are like the Trailer Park Boys...lol...imo, that's why some of us find it so funny! We love 'em...:)

Dr. Phail...please...shhh...between you and me...some of my dear fellow Canadians are like the Trailer Park Boys...lol...imo, that's why some of us find it so funny! We love 'em...:)

I love them too. Alot. Ain't seen em lately tho save for an appearance on some talk show promoting a movie...I think they're not doing the show anymore. :(

I drove sedan taxi and limousine for awhile so dealt with alot of Canadians this place is LOUSY with Canadians from about October till April which made me know that example was gonna accomplish, with you at least, the total OPPOSITE of what I had hoped to illustrate cuz 9.4 out of every 10 Canadians I ever dealt with they were TOTALLY like the Trailer Park Boys with either a Rum and Coke constantly in their hand, completely confused and wearing coke bottle glasses or with no shirt on and no hint that they even OWNED a shirt....

or all of the above...at once. :(

Got to where I could spot them on the street, I'd stop and chat with them cuz I like Canadians and they'd invariably share their Rum and Coke with me. :) The only ones that wasn't exactly like the Trailer Park Boys that I ever met at least was Senior Citizens who I didn't meet many cuz they was vacationing here and wouldn't leave their condos cuz they was afraid of getting hurt and having to pay for an American hospital.....

which, I don't know, something like if they could wait to get hurt till they got back to Canada they'd get repaired for free.....made no sense to me, might to you.

Today Show Video
[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/36684580#36684580"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

Totally OT: Dr. Phail, we have universal healthcare! Those senior citizens and every Canadian DOES get "repaired for free" ! LOL!

Well, sort of free...we pay taxes that pay for it...but when I go to the Dr. or Hospital I pay NOTHING out of pocket...save parking.

And "nutbar" may be a Canadian term...lol...I never knew it, though...I thought others used that term, as well.

Want to thank everyone for posting new articles and information daily. Saves time and is easier than tracking them down myself on google. One question though...

Is there an ignore feature?

One of the regular posters on here is beyond annoying. She comes off as an apologist for the bullies and I've grown sick of her posts. Especially because I hope every last one of these kids are shunned from colleges and are forced to work crappy jobs the rest of their lives. They've shown no remorse and they are no better than the Ted Bundy's of the world in my opinion.

Thanks to rest of you though!

Want to thank everyone for posting new articles and information daily. Saves time and is easier than tracking them down myself on google. One question though...

Is there an ignore feature?

One of the regular posters on here is beyond annoying. She comes off as an apologist for the bullies and I've grown sick of her posts. Especially because I hope every last one of these kids are shunned from colleges and are forced to work crappy jobs the rest of their lives. They've shown no remorse and they are no better than the Ted Bundy's of the world in my opinion.

Thanks to rest of you though!
Hey...welcome! :blowkiss:

And there IS an ignore button...but after 2 years here...I don't know where it is. I have high tolerance and am very nosy. ;) I'm sure someone with pop in and answer your question, soon. :)

It is best to ignore...rather than getting pulled into an argument, imo...I'm a peace loving Christian hippie...ain't that a mouthful?...lol...I never fight. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa