Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are 20... and live with 3 other girls at college.

You KNOW 2 are away, the boys living downstairs are away, and ONE flatmate is staying at the cottage.

You come home to an open front door... you think someone maybe taking out trash. WHO??? Only Meredith could be the one. Right there she is found out IMO. The rest should be logical... but it is not.

Once inside you find blood drops in bathroom, and HER DOOR LOCKED. You don't call her phones while standing there. WHY??? Some kind of good friend that is.

When you eventually leave after shower and bathmat boogie... oh and finding the poo you go back to your boyfriend's apt. Then worry starts. WHY THEN???

You go back with bf and more 'panic'... and then police call. Never do try her phones while just outside her door. WHY???

There is no way to make that appropriate IMO.
That is a good point; Knox indeed was aware that all save MK had gone away for holiday weekend.

Point taken, thank you. What I'm hearing is that different people make different assumptions about a wide open front door and other signs of a crime. Let's look at Knox and what one might expect is normal of her.

Knox grew up in a single parent home in Seattle - a city of 635,000 people. Being the oldest child of a single parent home, with a younger sister, I suspect that she and her sister were left home alone on more than one occasion ... at a fairly young age. I suspect her mother, a teacher, drilled into her head that when she and her sister were alone, they should keep the door locked. I also suspect that they learned at a young age that if they arrived home to find the front door unexpectedly wide open and blood in the bathroom, they should be alarmed.

This is most likely along the lines of Knox's awareness and education about home safety. It's possible that growing up in a city of 635,000, Knox was not given any common sense instruction regarding home safety, but I doubt it.

Objection. Speculation your honour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are 20... and live with 3 other girls at college.

You KNOW 2 are away, the boys living downstairs are away, and ONE flatmate is staying at the cottage.

You come home to an open front door... you think someone maybe taking out trash. WHO??? Only Meredith could be the one. Right there she is found out IMO. The rest should be logical... but it is not.

Once inside you find blood drops in bathroom, and HER DOOR LOCKED. You don't call her phones while standing there. WHY??? Some kind of good friend that is.

When you eventually leave after shower and bathmat boogie... oh and finding the poo you go back to your boyfriend's apt. Then worry starts. WHY THEN???

You go back with bf and more 'panic'... and then police call. Never do try her phones while just outside her door. WHY???

There is no way to make that appropriate IMO.

All of this analysis is from the standpoint of someone that knew a murder had been committed and has had years to digest the details. If you put yourself in her shoes, not suspecting there was anything wrong, I'm not sure she would have spent so much time thinking about it.

Regarding the question of whether Knox locked the cottage door after finding it wide open and deciding to take a shower: she did not lock the door before taking a shower:

<modsnip>

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/truejusticeforums/member/messages/pm/812/P490/

The fact that she goes into such detail about little things in her e-mail to just friends and family is odd. NOT NORMAL. I don't care what world of normal other people live in....I live in this world, and that is not normal.

All of this analysis is from the standpoint of someone that knew a murder had been committed and has had years to digest the details. If you put yourself in her shoes, not suspecting there was anything wrong, I'm not sure she would have spent so much time thinking about it.

Knox apparently didn't think anything was wrong until after she went back to Sollecito's apartment (with her mop) and had brunch. Knox and Sollecito then went together to the cottage. They claimed that they tried to break Meredith's door because they were panicked, but this was before the Postal police arrived and before the Carabinieri were contacted. It's possible that they were merely trying to retrieve Knox's lamp. When Filomina asked police to break down the door, Knox was no longer panicked, claiming that Meredith routinely locked her door.

It seems that Knox was not panicked, she was panicked, she wasn't panicked, all in a period of about 2 hours.

The fact that she goes into such detail about little things in her e-mail to just friends and family is odd. NOT NORMAL. I don't care what world of normal other people live in....I live in this world, and that is not normal.
I've always tried to be fair and if she is innocent, then I would want her vindicated.

But the email was very worrisome to me from the beginning. It struck me as odd, and more than odd.

Too defensive. And as if a story were being committed to record and to memory.
A little too much said, and an alarm goes off in the basement of the brain...

ETA:

I don't take statement analysis for gospel, but way back in the beginning of this case, when I leaned heavily toward innocence,
this part of the email bothered me, and I intuitively sensed what the analyst concludes here:

<modsnip>

Great point.

wall2.jpg
link

He is standing on the bottom window sill and still is able to reach the window on the top...He does not utilize the bars on the window below to climb up on...

kercherentry_zps7a2eb67a.png

Untitled23-1.jpg
link link

This man is using the bars to climb up on and he is wearing dress shoes...I think without the hindrance of the newly added burglar bars, getting forearms and upper body into the window would not be difficult.

wall_climbing.jpg
link

I still think it is very possible to gain entry but that is just my opinion... :fence:

I've always tried to be fair and if she is innocent, then I would want her vindicated.

But the email was very worrisome to me from the beginning. It struck me as odd, and more than odd.

Too defensive. And as if a story were being committed to record and to memory.
A little too much said, and an alarm goes off in the basement of the brain...

ETA:

I don't take statement analysis for gospel, but way back in the beginning of this case, when I leaned heavily toward innocence,
this part of the email bothered me, and I intuitively sensed what the analyst concludes here:
I feel the same way about statement analysis.

When I first heard of the case in 2008, it was a piece done by American media and I believed she was an innocent student aboad being railroaded. That email was the first thing I read when I started my own research. I was blown away immediately and thought wow there is so much more to this story. That email is not normal in any way,shape or form. The term "alibi email" that it has been called is exactly what it is IMO

micheli report (translated):

In fact, this court believes that to enter that window you would not really need to be Spiderman, as the Tribunale per il Riesame claims in its hypothesis: it requires a man physically agile, as certainly Guede was, and certainly as are the burglars who visit the apartments of people at night.

original:

In vero, questo Giudice ritiene che per entrare da quella finestra non ci volesse davvero Spiderman, come sostenuto dal Tribunale per il Riesame volendo liquidare l’ipotesi: ci voleva un uomo fisicamente agile, come certamente il G. era e come senz’altro sono i ladri che visitano gli appartamenti delle persone nottetempo.

http://www.penale.it/page.asp?IDPag=750

why put bars on a window the average person cannot climb up to and use to break into the cottage?
It didn't take spiderman. It took an experienced climber. The owner put bars on all windows after the murder AFAIK. I am not aware she selected only the windows that were likely entry points for a burglar.

I know this story may not go over well, but...
It is similar to the Jerry Heimann murder, which Charlie Wilkes discussed at JREFF some time ago. I will quote only a small portion: "Why didn't Greg call the cops the minute he arrived at his father's house and found the furniture gone and the old lady in a state of neglect? Isn't that what any normal person would have done? How could Greg and his wife prepare and eat dinner in a kitchen where there was blood spatter on the walls and furniture without even noticing it?"

Arguments from personal incredulity (I wouldn't have showered in that bathroom, therefore Amanda is a liar, therefore she is guilty) basically never make it out of the gate with me because of examples like yours and Charlie's.

Point taken, thank you. What I'm hearing is that different people make different assumptions about a wide open front door and other signs of a crime. Let's look at Knox and what one might expect is normal of her.

Knox grew up in a single parent home in Seattle - a city of 635,000 people. Being the oldest child of a single parent home, with a younger sister, I suspect that she and her sister were left home alone on more than one occasion ... at a fairly young age. I suspect her mother, a teacher, drilled into her head that when she and her sister were alone, they should keep the door locked. I also suspect that they learned at a young age that if they arrived home to find the front door unexpectedly wide open and blood in the bathroom, they should be alarmed.

This is most likely along the lines of Knox's awareness and education about home safety. It's possible that growing up in a city of 635,000, Knox was not given any common sense instruction regarding home safety, but I doubt it.

Did you ever live in a college dorm, otto? With both floors rented to students, that's essentially what the cottage was. In my experience, college students come and go at all hours and security is rather lax.

That is a good point; Knox indeed was aware that all save MK had gone away for holiday weekend.

Yet look at how casual AK's and RS' plans were for the weekend. AK might well have assumed that the two roommates who were supposed to be absent had changed their plans, come home early, etc.

Frankly, the way AK is described, I doubt she kept careful track of her roommates' plans.

If this professional climber was able to climb to Filomina's bedroom without the use of the newly placed bars on that window, why didn't he do it? Why is he using the newly placed bars on the window to hoist himself up if he doesn't need them?

Did you ever live in a college dorm, otto? With both floors rented to students, that's essentially what the cottage was. In my experience, college students come and go at all hours and security is rather lax.

Knox wasn't living in a college dorm and the cottage was not a college dorm. Filomina and Laura were professionals, and Meredith was a serious Erasmus student.

Knox apparently didn't think anything was wrong until after she went back to Sollecito's apartment (with her mop) and had brunch. Knox and Sollecito then went together to the cottage. They claimed that they tried to break Meredith's door because they were panicked, but this was before the Postal police arrived and before the Carabinieri were contacted. It's possible that they were merely trying to retrieve Knox's lamp. When Filomina asked police to break down the door, Knox was no longer panicked, claiming that Meredith routinely locked her door.

It seems that Knox was not panicked, she was panicked, she wasn't panicked, all in a period of about 2 hours.

The fact that she wasn't concerned until some time had passed and things had sunk in is completely normal to me. And going back to the cottage is a clear sign of innocence. If you believe she is guilty, then you also believe she returned to the scene of the crime, not once, but twice, before it had been discovered. Seems highly unlikely to me.

Thanks otto.
Her own words... maybe that will help things from getting sidetracked.

No, actually it doesn't (keep things from getting sidetracked).

Her words are essentially reduced to meaningless drivel by one of the following arguments:

a) she was under extreme pressure during interrogation and said things which were not true.
b) she didn't have a translator or apparently the translator was useless and lousy at her job, because Amanda didn't understand what they were asking her.
c) she's just nutty and gives weird answers.
d) she routinely says odd things, it's just her personality.
e) we are not understanding the words coming out of her mouth because we are not her and we are not in her world of "normalcy."
f) (goes along with e) we have not had her exact life experiences, so how can we understand how she interprets questions, or for that matter, words? You see, "blood" means one thing to her and a different thing to us.
g) Since her words do not have the same meaning as what the literal definition of the words are, we cannot take the literal meaning of her words. We have to read "behind the words"....haha where have we heard that before? (Juan Martinez)

Donchaknow?

I just put together another floor plan with just the room names. It's a little cleaner than the other plans I've posted. I've also overlaid the plan on the google map so we can see that the kitchen window (access from the deck) is not at all visible from the road, but Filomina's window is easily visible.

Wow thanks Otto! How do you do all this stuff (graphics and all)? I can barely manage to post a link!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280