Could this be Rose? Discussion on possible matches.

Poor Rose, I feel bad we all abandoned her. When her family quit posting, I think many people just gave up. I think of Rose a lot, and think her and Pose have reunited and started a new life without all the baggage.

I have this happy little daydream that Pose and Rose live in the same neighborhood and have each others families over for backyard BBQ's every weekend. They drink a few beers, the kids and the grand kids stop by to visit and play, and they eat Ribs and chicken and play cards til late...and thank the Lord they found peace...

I don't think we 'abandoned' her....just so much going on, so many cases. Hard to work on this when the family was so involved then stopped helping...IMO, because #1 we led them to something, #2 unhappy about things we may have discovered, #3, real life for them and for us 'hotter' cases sadly have grabbed our attention lately.

I don't think we 'abandoned' her....just so much going on, so many cases. Hard to work on this when the family was so involved then stopped helping...IMO, because #1 we led them to something, #2 unhappy about things we may have discovered, #3, real life for them and for us 'hotter' cases sadly have grabbed our attention lately.

Sorry Christine, I should not have assumed that others felt the way I do. I feel like I have abandoned her. I hope she safe and well.

I'd been looking for info about Synanon because just a few weeks ago, I stayed at a beach front hotel that had once been home to Synanon in Santa Monica (Casa Del Mar). How odd to see it connect here as well.

RE Rose: In June-July in 1973, my friend and I went to San Francisco and then on to Mill Valley where my aunt and uncle lived on Mt. Tam. One night, in late June or very early July, the SFO news showed a body of a young woman as sort of a last resort on finding her family. They found no id and they said that even though she was old enough to drive, no thumb print for her. At that point, she was a Jane Doe and this was their last ditch effort to find someone who knew her before they burried her. I recalled that she had been murdered possibly two week before they showed her body. I've often wondered if they ever found out who she was. The horror of seeing someone who was probably just a few years older than I was at the time really stayed with me. I wondered how such a young woman would have no one looking for her. Sadly, she did fit some of the descriptions of Rose that I've read here.

I don't see anyone on the Doe Network matching those circumstances, so maybe she was identified.

I don't see anyone on the Doe Network matching those circumstances, so maybe she was identified.

I wonder if that county or city has all their UID's listed on Doe....maybe not.

Is there a county ME site? Have you do any research on this at all CASuzk?

I've look on the net and old news reports also. There was was body, one of three young woman killed around that time, in the last reports I read. She was found on a school play ground. I don't think this was the same person I'm thinking of because all three of these young women were possible Filipino or other Asian girls.
I'm 100% sure that the girl I saw on TV was not Asian. From what I remember, the girl had been seen hitchhiking a few days before.
I was in the Bay Area from June 20 to July 6th, 1973.

Has Rose been compared to 1977 Snohomish County Jane Doe? This young woman was killed in 1977 by being strangled and shot in the head several times. She was between 15-21 years old at her time of the death. Here is the link: http://snohomishcountyjanedoe.homestead.com/ Sadly they caught the guy who killed her, but he didn't even know her first name.

Look at the way her right eye slants. I noticed in Rose's yearbook photo that her eye also slants like that, in a way her left eye doesn't. The distance between her nose and upper lip is also similar. I don't know how put both pictures against each other for direct comparison.

How tall was Rose? Doe has her listed as between 5'3 and 5'6- which is a pretty big range! Jane Doe is listed at 5'10, but she was in a fairly advanced state of decomp. Her website also makes it sound as if the investigations done on her body weren't handled particularly well. She also had had some dental work, but Rose would have been on her for over five years. Who knows if she'd had to get two teeth repaired.

ETA- Never mind, she was ruled out on another thread.

How was the UID ruled out? Dental? DNA? I gave Rose a haircut from her 1972 photo and did a side by side comparison of her and UID.

rose-cauid-comparecopy.jpg

# Unidentified White Female Located on August 21, 1973 in Altamonte Springs, Seminole County, Florida.
# Cause of death was homicide

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15- 21 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"- 5'7"; slender build (circa 110 lbs).
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Approximately shoulder-length, light brown hair. Possibly crooked teeth. She appears to be a young runaway.
* Dentals: Loose teeth found during screenings of surrounding soil
* Clothing: None located
* AKA: Authorities refer to her as "Ginger"

Case History
This unidentified female is believed to have been a victim of Joseph "Crazy Joe" Spaziano, a member of the Outlaws motorcycle gang in 1973. The victim was located in a dump in Altamonte Springs, Florida on August 21, 1973. She was underneath the body of Laura Harbers, a homicide which Spaziano was charged with in the mid-1970's.
Spaziano avoided the death penalty in Harberts' case, as a key witness for the prosecution recanted his testimony which would have implicated Spaziano in the crime. His first-degree murder conviction was overturned in 1998 and Spaziano pleaded no contest to a lesser charge of second-degree murder. He is currently serving a life sentence in a Florida prison for the rape and mutilation of a teenage girl from Orlando, Florida.
A witness said that in the spring of 1973, she saw Spaziano at Daytona Beach with a young girl riding on the back of his motorcycle. The girl asked her to hold her purse for safekeeping. The girl didn't pick up her purse after the motorcycle ride. Five days later Spaziano showed up at her door and demanded the purse. She turned it over, but not before peeking inside for the identification. She told Police that she remembered only that the girl was from Ann Arbor, Michigan.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/67uffl.html

Perhaps, but this could also be Kathy Sue Wilcox.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1367dfmi.html

or Cynthia Coon, who was from Ann Arbor:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/858dfmi.html
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
# Unidentified White Female Located on August 21, 1973 in Altamonte Springs, Seminole County, Florida.
# Cause of death was homicide

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15- 21 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"- 5'7"; slender build (circa 110 lbs).
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Approximately shoulder-length, light brown hair. Possibly crooked teeth. She appears to be a young runaway.
* Dentals: Loose teeth found during screenings of surrounding soil
* Clothing: None located
* AKA: Authorities refer to her as "Ginger"

Case History
This unidentified female is believed to have been a victim of Joseph "Crazy Joe" Spaziano, a member of the Outlaws motorcycle gang in 1973. The victim was located in a dump in Altamonte Springs, Florida on August 21, 1973. She was underneath the body of Laura Harbers, a homicide which Spaziano was charged with in the mid-1970's.
Spaziano avoided the death penalty in Harberts' case, as a key witness for the prosecution recanted his testimony which would have implicated Spaziano in the crime. His first-degree murder conviction was overturned in 1998 and Spaziano pleaded no contest to a lesser charge of second-degree murder. He is currently serving a life sentence in a Florida prison for the rape and mutilation of a teenage girl from Orlando, Florida.
A witness said that in the spring of 1973, she saw Spaziano at Daytona Beach with a young girl riding on the back of his motorcycle. The girl asked her to hold her purse for safekeeping. The girl didn't pick up her purse after the motorcycle ride. Five days later Spaziano showed up at her door and demanded the purse. She turned it over, but not before peeking inside for the identification. She told Police that she remembered only that the girl was from Ann Arbor, Michigan.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/67uffl.html

Wow--this looks interesting. I think she was tall though, let me see where I can find something...

Well, according to this she was 5'3" - 5'6" when she went missing, so I think this rules this UID out, but good try!

Have looked all morning and I guess not in the right places but can not find out how tall Rose was.........soooo has this UID been ruled out?

http://coroner.saccounty.net/unid-81-1820.htm

Ummm what happened to the post mortem that interestedwoman she said she was 90% certain was rose?

I do not know Danaya. I am guessing it did not pan out; Interested Woman is very diligent with following up.

Oh, it is so sad to see this forum go so cold. I read about Rose on the Anna forum. This is such a sad story. Like others who have said the same, it seems to me there was a lot more going on at home than has been revealed. There is such a haunted look in her eyes in the last photo. I would not be surprised if Rose's father knew what happened to her. His words were just so final about her.

If the family was still involved, I would suggest following up on the Flint LE's suggestion about suing the courts there (which actually occurred to me before I read that they'd suggested it). They are ultimately responsible for what happened to her. I think this would probably drive quite a bit of publicity to the case, and possibly if person's involved in the case are still alive, open up avenues to interviewing them.

Wherever Rose is, God bless her sweet soul!

I so agree with you Mom! I think it is just so hard because her family has not posted in so long--for all we know they may have found her already. There are a few Rose Cole's across the country and I am betting that one of them is her.
Oh, it is so sad to see this forum go so cold. I read about Rose on the Anna forum. This is such a sad story. Like others who have said the same, it seems to me there was a lot more going on at home than has been revealed. There is such a haunted look in her eyes in the last photo. I would not be surprised if Rose's father knew what happened to her. His words were just so final about her.

If the family was still involved, I would suggest following up on the Flint LE's suggestion about suing the courts there (which actually occurred to me before I read that they'd suggested it). They are ultimately responsible for what happened to her. I think this would probably drive quite a bit of publicity to the case, and possibly if person's involved in the case are still alive, open up avenues to interviewing them.

Wherever Rose is, God bless her sweet soul!

I have been reading about Rose for hours. I would love to believe she made a life for herself & someday, she's going to Google her name & see how many people have spent literally thousands of hours looking for her.

I checked one of my favorite websites for Pose & Rose - I won't give the url since I'm new here & don't want to take a chance on breaking TOS - but it is a famous one where you can see if a state is holding property or money for you that you may have forgotten or not known of. Bad news - neither one is listed. Better news - not every state is included so when I am not so tired i will check those remaining states. Just a random thought but you never know where something will turn up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back