Could this be Rose? Discussion on possible matches.

Wow, that's an interesting find! The same birthdate and everything. I wouldn't blame Rose if she became an adult, married and went on with her life, without ever contacting her family again. It seems like her dad had written her off anyway, so she probably thought why bother. This could be her.

Not sure about this one. With the people finders, they sometimes make associations that are incorrect. But there is Quentroy Dwayne Cole from Beaumont, TX who is on the sex offender list for having sex with a minor. There is a mug shot, and he is Black.

He is listed as being a relative of Rosie Sherman. These things get complicated. He could be her son, but she wasn't married to gather so he is named Cole and then Rosie Married someone named Sherman?

This QDT was born in 1975. Where would our Rose have been in 75? That actually fits. She was at Syanon in 72-73. Maybe she did leave and met a guy and lived with him and had a child?

Pretty sure I found her in FB, same Beaumont Tx, same Louisiana and C Cole as a friend. They are all black folks.... Could be just a coincidence. There is no profile pic of Rosie.

It's quite a remarkable coincidence to have the same name, same birthdate, same birthyear and so many places in common. If this isn't our Rose, then the search goes on I guess. Oh well.

If only Rose left us some kind of vital clue in one of her letters home that might help us determine where exactly she went. Does anyone still have copies available?

In the meantime, is it possible that Rose was referring to the Chinatown in Oakland and not San Francisco? They have one too. If so, perhaps we've been looking in the wrong place. On a related note, why would she go to any city's Chinatown in the first place? For someone trying NOT to be found, she would be awfully conspicuous in a place like that. Maybe someone living in Chinatown back then remembers seeing her?

And I wonder if a member of her immediate family might be able to petition the court to get Rose's case records unsealed? Was she actually present in that Michigan courtroom in early 1974 when the charges against her were dismissed? If so, why does nobody seem to know for sure? Wouldn't they have to sign in somewhere first at least?

I also wonder if any members of Synanon's inner circle might still be alive? Is it possible that they still remember Rose? Could there still be some internal records somewhere that might shed some light on things?

Another possibility are the Zebra Murders of 1973. Were there any unidentified remains from those killings that might match Rose's description?

Okay, here's a thought. It's beginnng to sound like the person on People Finders may not be Rose, if the whole family is black, but suppose she married a black man? This was the 70s, and as a child from a southern state in the 70s, I remember how lots of people felt back then about mixed marriages. I personally don't have those feelings and I want to be clear about that, but many people back then did, and probably still do. That might explain why she never contacted her family. If her dad or any of the family had racist feelings then she knew she would be even more disowned for marrying a black man.

Okay, here's a thought. It's beginnng to sound like the person on People Finders may not be Rose, if the whole family is black, but suppose she married a black man? This was the 70s, and as a child from a southern state in the 70s, I remember how lots of people felt back then about mixed marriages. I personally don't have those feelings and I want to be clear about that, but many people back then did, and probably still do. That might explain why she never contacted her family. If her dad or any of the family had racist feelings then she knew she would be even more disowned for marrying a black man.

Definitely a possibility but from the information her SIL provided, I think Rose stop contacting her family because of how her Father treated her when she called last. He told her that if she had been out there that long she could stay out there. Or she is no longer with us.

I'm hopeful that she is happily living her life some place and doesn't want to be found.

No, I don't think the Rosie on FB is white or Rose Cole.
It's hard to imagine where on earth or what on earth happens to these missing people, I understand we're all trying our best to find them and with time, hopefully we will.

I do NOT claim to know where Rose might be today. Even so, could one of these women be our match?
Rose L. Cole of Detroit, Michigan
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/29LG-Q7V

Rose Cole of Oakland, California
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/2S24-M9K

Rose Cole of Wyoming, Michigan
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/274P-ZBL
And of course, as I previously mentioned, there is Rose Cole (aka Rosie Bee Sherman) of Bunkie, Louisiana, whose birthday is also Dec 23, 1956
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KPVP-P4H

Naturally, it is entirely possible that if Rose is still with us she might be going by a married/assumed name at this point. Only Rose herself could say for certain!

On a related note, there is an alleged psychic (and self-professed schizophrenic) out there named Brian Ladd who recently released a new YouTube video about Rose Lena Cole (Feb 21, 2014) alongside fellow alleged psychic, Gale St. John. The two speak with a guest named Susan and ultimately describe what they initially believe to be a (male?) murder victim buried somewhere in the vicinity of Arlington, Oregon. (Did Synanon or whoever even operate in Oregon?) For whatever reason unbeknownst to me, they borrow Rose's name for the video clip title.

I want to state for the record that I'm very skeptical about this video, which seems a little dubious and disorganized to me. Still, I'm including it here in case they're onto something I don't yet see:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back