Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I wonder if that's why he went to work - and why he went to his mom's: he has a reason for his cell phone to ping on towers along the route, to cover his tracks.

The logical thing to have done if he did do anything would have been to go to work as normal.

The cell phone pings are actually the records of phone calls btw (we can tell this because in the affidavits LE refer specically to phone calls begining and ending at particular times, which exactly coincides with the "ping" claim. That means that he was likely in those areas longer than the "ping" record would suggest.

But here is the issue regarding Shawn, pings, and would he or would he not be knowledgeable enough to think about pings, etc..

The big issue for me has always been that yes, he absolutely was aware of his phone's tracking abilities and its exactly why his cell phone drops off the face of the earth for a BIG CHUNK OF TIME and then randomly comes back on later all the way at momma's in Big Spring..

MOO IS THIS IS THE BLOCK OF TIME, AFTER SHAWN DROPPED BILLIE OFF AT HER WORK, THAT HE DISPOSED OF HAILEY'S BODY AND JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE THE BLOCK OF TIME HIS PHONE DROPS OFF THE RADAR FOR A GOOD CHUNK OF TIME.. ONLY TO REAPPEAR BACK ON IN BIG SPRING ONCE AT MOMMA'S..HIS ALIBI..

I think it would be obvious from the phone records from prior to Hailey's absence if either the following had ever happened before
- Shawn's phone routinely was off air
- Billie's phone frequently didn't accompany her to work but stayed at home, used by the kids. Or was just used by the kids in general if the Christmas break was a special circumstance.

Would love the full phone records and pings for both phones!

Do you have a inside source within the investigation and know details none of the rest of us do? I'm fairly certain there are many details which have not been shared with anyone outside the investigators, perhaps even being held exclusively by the FBI themselves.

How do you know that the discovery of her body and it's location would not complete a missing puzzle piece. Not to mention any clothing, COD or other evidence which is found.

I have no idea what the investigation does or does not know, I only know what has been reported, and what has been reported is insufficient to make charges stick.

As for evidence we don't know about, if they did have compelling evidence to suggest what might have happened you can be pretty sure that more seach warrants would have been executed to follow up. The fact that there were not, beyond all that *advertiser censored* nonsense, means that they do not have probable cause, in other words they don't have much of anything beyond speculation.

Billie Dunn speaks about the agonizing wait: the identification of human remains that could be her missing daughter
Mar 20, 2013 10:12 p.m.

We are now hearing from the woman who may be most affected by the recent discovery of a body in Scurry County: Billie Dunn. Her daughter Hailey Dunn has been missing for more than two years now.

Billie got word from an FBI agent Sunday that a body had been found not far from where Hailey went missing.

Billie talked only to KTXS anchor Braid Blanks about how she feels as she waits for news that will either give her hope or closure.

"I still have really bad days. It's been two years and it never gets easy. Some days it's easier to pretend it's not going on," said Billie Dunn, mother of missing Colorado City teenager, Hailey Dunn.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/Billie-Dun...er/-/14769632/19404100/-/slt1e7z/-/index.html

There is also a video on KTXS Abilene could not find link

If it's not Hailey she says authorities are releasing an age progression photo to show what Hailey would look like today at 15-years-old and they will keep searching.

Sparky claims they havent even talked to her but apart from that there was an age progression photo released just two or three weeks ago now. For some reason HFH still hasnt managed to put it on the website yet.

What BD said at various times is not relevant, because we know her stories change all the time.

What is relevant is what LE stated in their affidavits for the search warrants, specifically:

1) "Records and interviews of witnesses indicate Billie Dunn left the residence.....at approximately 6.20am"

In other words LE would have spoken to this person and confirmed that is indeed what happened. There are also the "records", which I asume is phone records, to support that. Anything else BD is coming up with is revisionist.

In any case, SA could not have been in CC, by virtue of evidence gathered from his place of work, in time to pick her up to take her to work.

Also, when she showed up for work (assuming she showed up on time) SA was near CC, so wrong place.

Basically the latest story she has supposedly claimed cannot be true based on facts we allready know.

Your assuming of course that it was only Billie who said Shawn took her to work that Monday morning. Your forgetting the fact that Shawn said quite publically that he DID take her to work and he said other things also that made me think he was telling the truth.

It doesnt matter what either of them are saying now, what matters is that LE verified whatever they were saying at the time (wrt to when BD left).

If SA did indeed take her to work, then other parts of their affidavit would be difficult to reconcile. Moreover, given the bullseye they have on him, they would have mentioned that for sure as evidence that he was lying - afterall that is exactly what they were aiming at in the affidavit, so why ignore that?

They did not.

So, as much as people might want to believe that SA took her to work, or what they might be saying now (for reasons best known to themselves), the independent evidence we know about suggests otherwise.

Can anyone confirm that Billie still lives with Shawn and at least one other (Ostrander) family member in an apartment in Austin?

She is sure trying her best to distance herself from him in the most recent KTXS interview. I'm thinking she may be hearing the tick-tick-tick of the clock running out on her!

The logical thing to have done if he did do anything would have been to go to work as normal.

The cell phone pings are actually the records of phone calls btw (we can tell this because in the affidavits LE refer specically to phone calls begining and ending at particular times, which exactly coincides with the "ping" claim. That means that he was likely in those areas longer than the "ping" record would suggest.

Call them whatever you'd like LE state in the affidavit that the phone last pings CCITY northern tower at 6:56am... break in usage ..and then at 9:38am begins pinging at the Big Spring tower that's used from momma's house..

Shawn Adkins at that point in time was using a Verizon blackberry.. his phone pings regardless of his placing or receiving phone calls.. the phone last pings at 6:56am of northern tower in CCITY.. then for over two and a half hours there is nothing.. his phone at 9:38am picks up pinging in Big Spring, TX..

Shawn's blackberry traveling from the tower in CCity all the way to the tower in Big Spring WOULD HAVE CONTINUED PINGING TOWERS TRAVELING IN THOSE OVER TWO AND A HALF HOURS REGARDLESS OF HIS PLACING/RECEIVING CALLS..

THE ONLY WAY HIS PHONE WOULD NOT PING IS IF IT WAS POWERED OFF OR BATTERY REMOVED..

THERE IS NO USAGE, PERIOD BTWN 6:56AM TO 9:38AM..NO CALLS, NO PINGS..

It can be called anything ..but the point is it was deliberately off the radar for nearly 3 hours.. deliberately not being used..and deliberately not pinging.. that IMO is the important issue..

"December 27th 2010.... It was the last time Billie Dunn ever saw her then 13 year old daughter Hailey.

"Telling her it was time to sit down and eat Christmas dinner, she likes to eat like any country girl does...and then I saw her the next morning in her bed," said Dunn.

I am confused. Is she saying now that Christmas dinner was the last she saw of Hailey that day?

It doesnt matter what either of them are saying now, what matters is that LE verified whatever they were saying at the time (wrt to when BD left).

If SA did indeed take her to work, then other parts of their affidavit would be difficult to reconcile. Moreover, given the bullseye they have on him, they would have mentioned that for sure as evidence that he was lying - afterall that is exactly what they were aiming at in the affidavit, so why ignore that?

They did not.

So, as much as people might want to believe that SA took her to work, or what they might be saying now (for reasons best known to themselves), the independent evidence we know about suggests otherwise.

I dont know about you but I havent seen evidence that LE do think that any co- worker took her to work. What they was told and what they may believe are two different things.

Your assuming of course that there were no witnesses to anything going down that night of course?

If there are, they have been remarkably silent for no good reason. They do not appear to have shared what they "know" with LE in the early stages, otherwise it would have been in the affidavit (just about everything else even vaguely incriminating was).

If that is so, then why? It does not bode well for their credibity. If you are privy to some other information, you should consider that whoever is telling you this might not be telling you accurate information.

What she's missing? I'm sorry, but what about what Hailey is missing? Ok, I normally try and stay very neutral and just focus on search, but really? Ugh.

BBM

Unless, of course, he had a big problem on his hands.

What if he had messed around with HD the night before, after sneaking into her room? And maybe she was upset with him. So he gets to work, and he cannot stay there because he knows when she wakes up she might tell her brother or her dad what happened. So he rushes back to the house and grabs her and that is the end of her life. :rose:

If there are, they have been remarkably silent for no good reason. They do not appear to have shared what they "know" with LE in the early stages, otherwise it would have been in the affidavit (just about everything else even vaguely incriminating was).

If that is so, then why? It does not bode well for their credibity. If you are privy to some other information, you should consider that whoever is telling you this might not be telling you accurate information.

Your assuming of course that LE dont have the information :) I happen to know that they do. Thats not in dispute :)

Call them whatever you'd like LE state in the affidavit that the phone last pings CCITY northern tower at 6:56am... break in usage ..and then at 9:38am begins pinging at the Big Spring tower that's used from momma's house..

Shawn Adkins at that point in time was using a Verizon blackberry.. his phone pings regardless of his placing or receiving phone calls.. the phone last pings at 6:56am of northern tower in CCITY.. then for over two and a half hours there is nothing.. his phone at 9:38am picks up pinging in Big Spring, TX..

Shawn's blackberry traveling from the tower in CCity all the way to the tower in Big Spring WOULD HAVE CONTINUED PINGING TOWERS TRAVELING IN THOSE OVER TWO AND A HALF HOURS REGARDLESS OF HIS PLACING/RECEIVING CALLS..

THE ONLY WAY HIS PHONE WOULD NOT PING IS IF IT WAS POWERED OFF OR BATTERY REMOVED..

THERE IS NO USAGE, PERIOD BTWN 6:56AM TO 9:38AM..NO CALLS, NO PINGS..

It can be called anything ..but the point is it was deliberately off the radar for nearly 3 hours.. deliberately not being used..and deliberately not pinging.. that IMO is the important issue..

There are lots of places around the area where there are dead zones, and when there is no tower within reach there is nothing to ping off of.

regarding the pings- thought I would repost this up here- the affidavit does not indicate that SA went to Chestnut- IMHO it is alluding to the fact that he was in proximity to Ccty, in some capacity.
And if you further want to examine it, and pull your hair out, there is the issue of 'northern' transmitter, when quite obviously Chestnut is south of the tower. Of course there is a chance it was omni directional transmitter.

PS.please remember LE did not release BD cell record info...and may not have released all they had for SA, except what was needed to substantiate the affidavit

a refresher

Telephone records obtained by investigators show ADKINS' cellular phone was using Verizon cell tower number 724 on the tower northern coverage area transmitter, which is located at coordinates 32.41262-100.86900 in the area of Colorado City,TX from 6:35 am to 6:56 am with a break in usage until 9:38am thru 2:40 pm when records indicate Adkins' phone was in the area of Big Spring, Texas by pinging Verizon cell tower #730 coordinates 32.22156-101-45867 which captured 11 phone calls from 9:38 am until 2:40 pm on the northwest coverage area transmitter

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/g...section_header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members