Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally in the absence of a body there has to be significant other evidence to suggest a homicide has taken place and that the accused did it.

Simply being missing is not enough.

In this particular case even if it is HD, based on what we know charges against SA or BD are unlikely for lack of evidence. There is sufficient evidence to suggest that she alive that day, and after SA got home there wasn't enough time to have credibly done anything. It can't be proven, but the dence doesnt have to prove, they just have to establish reasonable doubt and that would be pretty easy based on the reports we have.

So the opportunity is not there, and there is no known motive.

Plus, there are at least two alternative scenarios that could have happened based on what has been reported, and rest assured, the defence would be at pains to point that out if there was a trial.

Do you have a inside source within the investigation and know details none of the rest of us do? I'm fairly certain there are many details which have not been shared with anyone outside the investigators, perhaps even being held exclusively by the FBI themselves.

How do you know that the discovery of her body and it's location would not complete a missing puzzle piece. Not to mention any clothing, COD or other evidence which is found.

IIRC, that request was followed by a post with a list of names...

I saw posts 331 and 332 that said no children. Was there another list? I'm sorry, I looked around and didn't see it.

I just finished watching the interview and wanted to say the marks my husband was talking about are just brown spots on her face.

What BD said at various times is not relevant, because we know her stories change all the time.

What is relevant is what LE stated in their affidavits for the search warrants, specifically:

1) "Records and interviews of witnesses indicate Billie Dunn left the residence.....at approximately 6.20am"

In other words LE would have spoken to this person and confirmed that is indeed what happened. There are also the "records", which I asume is phone records, to support that. Anything else BD is coming up with is revisionist.

In any case, SA could not have been in CC, by virtue of evidence gathered from his place of work, in time to pick her up to take her to work.

Also, when she showed up for work (assuming she showed up on time) SA was near CC, so wrong place.

Basically the latest story she has supposedly claimed cannot be true based on facts we allready know.

Your assuming of course that it was only Billie who said Shawn took her to work that Monday morning. Your forgetting the fact that Shawn said quite publically that he DID take her to work and he said other things also that made me think he was telling the truth.

What someone thinks might be a motive is irrelevant, they would have to present compelling evidence for that in court, just coming up with a hypothesis is not enough.

Your assuming of course that there were no witnesses to anything going down that night of course?

But here is the issue regarding Shawn, pings, and would he or would he not be knowledgeable enough to think about pings, etc..

The big issue for me has always been that yes, he absolutely was aware of his phone's tracking abilities and its exactly why his cell phone drops off the face of the earth for a BIG CHUNK OF TIME and then randomly comes back on later all the way at momma's in Big Spring..

MOO IS THIS IS THE BLOCK OF TIME, AFTER SHAWN DROPPED BILLIE OFF AT HER WORK, THAT HE DISPOSED OF HAILEY'S BODY AND JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE THE BLOCK OF TIME HIS PHONE DROPS OFF THE RADAR FOR A GOOD CHUNK OF TIME.. ONLY TO REAPPEAR BACK ON IN BIG SPRING ONCE AT MOMMA'S..HIS ALIBI..

I agree he was aware. Remember that big box of true crime stories that he and Billie "enjoyed" reading? I'm sure some of those stories detailed the crime investigations and how the cases were solved.

Your assuming of course that there were no witnesses to anything going down that night of course?

Problem is that even if there was, who, at this point would be considered a reliable witness that wouldn't be absolutely torn apart on the stand?

She did throw Shawn under the bus in the interview. She said she saw a different side of him after throwing him out? What about in 2010 when he threatened to kill her family members? Sounds like the same side to me. I have one more thing to say about Ms. Billie Ostrander,, have you looked at her facebook pages? she has two fo them One under Billie Dunn and the other under Billie Ostrander. On the Dunn FB,, it is about Hailey, on the Ostander on , I feel this is her real personality one, and what is this band? They look freaking scary.

I don't know how to link,, it will be under ktsx abilene newstation

Problem is that even if there was, who, at this point would be considered a reliable witness that wouldn't be absolutely torn apart on the stand?

There is one assuming that that person put Hailey first. Not just that theres evidence that cant be disputed from the Sunday.

Can someone briefly update me what is going on in this case since a body was found? I've followed it, but not recently. Thanks!

She did throw Shawn under the bus in the interview. She said she saw a different side of him after throwing him out? What about in 2010 when he threatened to kill her family members? Sounds like the same side to me. I have one more thing to say about Ms. Billie Ostrander,, have you looked at her facebook pages? she has two fo them One under Billie Dunn and the other under Billie Ostrander. On the Dunn FB,, it is about Hailey, on the Ostander on , I feel this is her real personality one, and what is this band? They look freaking scary.

She is very scary on facebook and that picture of her with the bandmember was just sick in my opinion with everything thats gone on. And then to put it just under the banner of Hailey ugh

The chunk of time that his phone drops off the radar is from 6:56am to 9;38am.. the phone last pings the northern Ccity tower and then drops off radar for ovver 2 and a half hours and then comes on pinging the tower at his momma's in Big Spring..IMO this is the chunk of time he disposed of her body..

furthermore in just now looking back at those cell records it indicates that Shawn stated to LE that upon leaving work at 6:10am that he drove immediately and directly to momma's in Big Spring..but LE states his cell records prove this untrue and actually show that Shawn left work at 6:10 and returned to the home on Chestnut...

moo btwn 6:56am and 9:38am is the window of time that Shawn disposed of Hailey's body..jmo, tho and it is the exact and only reason that his cell phone drops off the radar for nearly 3 hour window time.. moo that's no coincidence..

I don't know how to link,, it will be under ktsx abilene newstation

Snips from newstory-

Fast forward to March 18th 2013, and she is still waiting. But that wait may soon end after a body was discovered at Lake J.B. Thomas, roughly 20 miles from the last place her daughter was seen.

"I can't quit thinking about it and wondering, what if it is her. It's been really tough. It's been a few days now I don't know when it’s going to end and when I’m going to get some answers. I was kind of expecting an answer from dental records yesterday, but if they're not able to use the dental records because Hailey only had one picture one view, we'll be waiting for two to three weeks,” said Dunn.

But with the pending identification, Billie, like so many others, may finally be able to stop wondering: where is Hailey?

-and-

The only named suspect in her disappearance: Shawn Adkins, who was at the time, Billie’s live-in boyfriend. At one time Billie defended Shawn but says their relationship ended a while ago and that she no longer talks to or trust him.

"We have no contact whatsoever and haven't in a long time and I don't want any contact with him. When I finally did get him to move out he started harassing me badly. I saw another side of Shawn. He harassed me day-in and day-out, at work, at home….cussing me, threatening me...” said Dunn.

We asked: did his sudden aggressive and angry behavior make Billie re-think the possibility that Shawn could be responsible for Hailey’s disappearance.

"I think it's a possibility, a good possibility. after seeing the way he reacted when we broke up and I think back to what local law enforcement had told me and been trying to tell me. I just thought it wasn't true,” said Dunn.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/Billie-Dun...er/-/14769632/19404100/-/slt1e7z/-/index.html

"Everybody got what they wanted for Christmas" That is what sticks in my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member