FL - Hurricane Hermine, September 2016

Lashing it down now..........

Eta : just made it back from the corner shop in time.....needed candles just in case.....and.....I've been bagging ice since 6:a.m.

My girlfriend couldn't get out of her neighborhood because it's flooded so bad so I picked her up to take her to run some errands. The middle part of her subdivision has turned into a lake. Until you get off the highway you have no idea how bad the flooding really is. WOW!! So many homes are flooded and people are stuck.

Seen a over 55 mobile home park that is being evacuated. Poor people went through this last year too. Spoke with a County Worker in one area who said a neighborhood has been ok, because they had a pump set up. But then a tree toppled over and knocked the electricity out causing the pump to stop. Not, it's all flooded again.

Finally seeing some sun light to the south. Hopefully it will all be over soon so people can start to dry out.

I am near the coast but we live far enough in that we didn't have any flooding in our area. I know Pasco gets hit hard many times a year and this time with all the canals they were flooded again. Talk to a few people that said the house is all full of water and they have to replace carpets and furniture again. Feel so bad for them. The Government didn't help them last year as I recall, they didn't meet requirements. How sad to do this all over again. I feel blessed for sure.

He/She is just a little rascal isn't he/she. I have been following it for two weeks - its the Every Ready bunny!!

All I know is there's a confirmed case of Zika here in Cincinnati Ohio and I'm about to pack my bags and go to the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait well go together!

I am near the coast but we live far enough in that we didn't have any flooding in our area. I know Pasco gets hit hard many times a year and this time with all the canals they were flooded again. Talk to a few people that said the house is all full of water and they have to replace carpets and furniture again. Feel so bad for them. The Government didn't help them last year as I recall, they didn't meet requirements. How sad to do this all over again. I feel blessed for sure.

We use to call it "Passover County", last couple of years have been really bad tho.

And it's mainly the same places that are flooding over and over again.

My girlfriends subdivision is flooded because of a retention pond. The water was so deep that it seeped in through my doors on a jacked up 6 inch lifted Wrangler with 35 inch tires.

I too am thankful that we are high and dry. And didn't loose electricity. Another friend of mine hasn't had any since the storm first started. She's one of many that is 'suppose' to have it restored before midnight tonight.

And people have now been put under mandatory evac while others are strongly recommended to do so because of anticipated flooding along the Anclote River.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 14117938_1351683911526431_9119012548464159235_n.jpg
    14117938_1351683911526431_9119012548464159235_n.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 59
My county just declared a state of emergency in preparation. People are advised to evacuate waterfront areas. They expect the storm to hover around LI for 48 hours and cause serious damage. Hope they're wrong!

Another wave off Africa is crusing this way -- at this time 20% of development - in 2 days 30 %. NHC

Just figured out a way to do this - this came up in my head casue I was surprised at how far it had come over from Africa. I checked tha Africa waves yesterday- was not where I expected it to be!! Just checked!

Only generally

like on a map lat/long line/grid thing like these things:

utmworld.gif

A ---________________________________________________________________________ Africa here!

B ____________________________________________________________________________Africa

C ____________________________________________________________________________Africa

generally - if it is chugging along from Africa on line A - it generally will "recurve" and go North missing Fl but could do East coast of mainland or just be a fish storm

If line B generally goes through like Cuba /Bahamas and could do FL chugging from Africa

If line C gererally will go into Gulf from Africa

I have learned this from being an avid hurricane follower for years - but I have no idea what IT is called to look up and link!!

Can change obviously - but at this point it looks like in is on the C line

Not sure if I came up with a way to say it where what I am trying to share is "communicated"!

I have never seen this before, and IMO seems kinda silly

it actually looks like there facing it the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bottom bulldozer pic!

Crc8my2WAAAonHT.jpg

I have never seen this before, and IMO seems kinda silly

it actually looks like there facing it the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crc8my2WAAAonHT.jpg
Smh... he had ONE JOB...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cont from last post ......

ok just figured out how to do it better, not going in order, just gonna find pictures of each track the way I remember them coming.

they can all change obvioulsy but they have gernerally found these patterns in terms of their journeys from Africa! They all come off of Africa in this certain area .

Ok this is the "C" track from last post went into Gulf
Ivan_2004_track.png

Roughly here is B from last post east coast somewhere landfall

Frances_2004_track.jpg

Here is A generally from last post recurves and is a fish storm OR goes and hits North usa

12L.track.gif

My county just declared a state of emergency in preparation. People are advised to evacuate waterfront areas. They expect the storm to hover around LI for 48 hours and cause serious damage. Hope they're wrong!

In light of your last post -- call em and ask them to fact check it for you!! It may be sunny! Give me a break

Hey look, lets all just be grateful, it was not a nuclear fallout cloud, from the middle east they were talking about!

Smh... he had ONE JOB...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Between your post and Moms I am hysterical!

jeeeeeeeez everyone feel safe your govt hard at work keeping all of us safe!

I just looked up what "smh" meant - how did you know, honeslty that was just I had been doing from both your posts numbingly scary -- maybe congress should come back from their 9th "recess" of the year.

8 states are under water, the west coast is burning to the ground, mass shooters are running about the country, terrorists are blowing the world up, LE is pertrifeid to go to work, a whole city is dying from lead water, people are shooting people in biker bars, hospitls, McDonalds, malls, airports, back seat of cabs, court houses,police stations, California is running out of water, LA wont dry out till New Years, on this hurricane dont remember where, FEMA prepositioned 4 hours away and it still took them 19 hours to arrive, , planes are crashing a dash more lately, people are jumping over the white house fence, drones are missing commerical jetliners more frequently--- I think recess is out of order your honor.

Huh? That is so wrong in so many ways!

I dont do bath salts! I just now had to click on the FEMA boo boo again to make sure I was NOT hallucanting, delsuisonal, having my first brush with dementia, mini stroke, something in chicken earlier, carbon monixide from somewhere, computer hacked and or being pranked.

It is both, with regret and joy that I must say , I have reread the story and it happened.

I sure as heck hope that no nursing homes /hospitals started anything.

If something akin to that happened in private sector that person would have been called in to clear theri desk out - not in govt!

I dont do bath salts! I just now had to click on the FEMA boo boo again to make sure I was NOT hallucanting, delsuisonal, having my first brush with dementia, mini stroke, something in chicken earlier, carbon monixide from somewhere, computer hacked and or being pranked.

It is both, with regret and joy that I must say , I have reread the story and it happened.

I sure as heck hope that no nursing homes /hospitals started anything.

If something akin to that happened in private sector that person would have been called in to clear theri desk out - not in govt!

You're mentioning of hospitals reminds me that, early on, during the storm, a level 2 trauma hospital near me had to evacuate all 209 patients after a lightning strike set the generator room on fire.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2016/8/31/electrical_fire_knoc.html

Huh? That is so wrong in so many ways!

Yep. People were actually packing and preparing to go....Suffolk County, population approx. 1.6 mil. Where are they all going?

Not to mention, it is a beautiful sunny morning. Skies are blue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280
Back