Match! OK - Muskogee Co, Fem Skeletal UP11509, 25-40,denim skirt, Jan'83 - Francine Frost

Just based on the location and clothing - this looks like a match to me.

Francine Frost
frost_francine2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/frost_francine.html

UP11509 - Clothing Description:
White girdle
Blue jean prairie skirt (waist size 20")
Plaid blouse

Francine Frost - Clothing Description:
Possibly a denim skirt
Long-sleeved plaid shirt with a Polo emblem
Brown Shoes

In addition:
* Her age (43) is slightly over the upper age limit (25-40)
* Her height (5'3") is within an inch of what I presume her "54 inches" height was intended to be (i.e., 5'4")
* Her location LKA (Tulsa OK) is about 60 miles from where the remains were found (Martin OK).
* The timeframe from Feb'81 to Jan'83 is almost two years. - Consistent with the 1970-82 estimated year of death.

They must have finally found the correct remains.

Some articles are saying that the grandson found the match on NamUs. I am certain though that when I turned in this match to Michael Nance in July 2014, neither he nor the Tulsa PD were aware of this potential match at the time. So if the grandson called it in, it was almost definitely after that.

well, I don't think she went there willingly. her key was hanging from her driver's side door, I think she was abducted when she was leaving the store.

Rest easy Mrs. Frost!

Wonder why Francine was in Muskogee? That is pretty far from Tulsa.

I submitted this last night to Michael Nance by e-mail, and I got this reply:
Looks good. I have contacted the PD and OCME. Apparently the body is lost but there may be dentals on both sides. Let’s cross out fingers that this works. If it is an ID looks like the Tulsa PD Cold Case Unit has a homicide to work.

Some articles are saying that the grandson found the match on NamUs. I am certain though that when I turned in this match to Michael Nance in July 2014, neither he nor the Tulsa PD were aware of this potential match at the time. So if the grandson called it in, it was almost definitely after that.

Congrats Carl. As you know, you never know what happens after we submit. Possible they lost info after trying to locate her remains

What a shame if they have finally found an identity, and can't find the correct body!

So have these other families been going to the wrong grave sites all thes years? Or are there that many people buried in the paupers grave section of that time period?

What a shame if they have finally found an identity, and can't find the correct body!

So have these other families been going to the wrong grave sites all thes years? Or are there that many people buried in the paupers grave section of that time period?

It appears that they finally found the correct body. The bodies were buried in unmarked graves in a "potters field" section of the cemetery, so the mistakenly exhumed bodies were either UID's or indigents. It's likely that there weren't any families visiting the wrong graves.

I checked with Michael Nance, and he says that Francine Frost's grandson called in the possible match to the Tulsa PD before I had called it in, So I will go ahead and change the thread flag back from Match! to Identified!. No prob. I don't want to take credit for the match if someone else beat me to the submission.

I checked with Michael Nance, and he says that Francine Frost's grandson called in the possible match to the Tulsa PD before I had called it in, So I will go ahead and change the thread flag back from Match! to Identified!. No prob. I don't want to take credit for the match if someone else beat me to the submission.

I always read it like he contacted them, they started looking into it, but rereading it, it sounds like they were already looking into where the remains were buried

I submitted this last night to Michael Nance by e-mail, and I got this reply:
Looks good. I have contacted the PD and OCME. Apparently the body is lost but there may be dentals on both sides. Let’s cross out fingers that this works. If it is an ID looks like the Tulsa PD Cold Case Unit has a homicide to work.

I just recieved a clarification from the daughter of Francine Frost.

My son Cory found your posts Dec. 5th ,2014 while doing countless internet searches for his grandmother.

We then began contacting OCME which resulted in 2 exhumations, a year long DNA identification process and a private graveside service Sept 16th! NONE of this would have been possible without your work!!

So in fact this is a WS Match!. I am resetting the flag accordingly.

Great job Carl! Sure does take awhile for identifications...2 years! Takes alot of patience to wait and see if it's a match. Thanks for the inspiration, Carl!

Families with missing loved ones find support, hope at UNT Health Science Center

One family that has found resolution is the Frost clan from Kansas.

Francine Frost went missing from a grocery store parking lot in 1981.

But the family had few answers until she was positively identified last year. Her killer hasn't been caught.

"I'll never forget the phone call, the panic, and the disbelief. You don't know what to do," says Vicki Curl, Francine's daughter.

They attended the event to help other families know that even after 35 years, answers can be found.

"Don't give up," says Vicki. "We can't exhume bodies on our own. We have to have people that care so we want to inspire the volunteers, please don't stop caring about us."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/families-w...t-hope-at-unt-health-science-center/445797594

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back