Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am not convinced yet either. Currently, my other considerations are an ardent spurned admirer, or a random sex offender or ice addict.

Gosh maybe we next hear she was on tinder or some rubbish- hope if someone is looking to muddy her reputation doesn’t sink to that!
Hubby, scorned love triangle or random ice/sex offender... So frankly I have no idea where I’m standing on this yet! [Facepalm]
Except I’m not following the suicide idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How often do kidnappings occur in Australia?

This is far fetched but maybe she was taken for money? Or revenge?

Might explain how DC knew she was missing?

I DONT KNOW!! :scared::gaah:

Agree Daniel came to mind.
In my experience and as others here have expressed people who suicide don’t go too far from home, they want to be found.
I’m still not convinced on this line for EC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is that Daniel's family moved heaven and earth trying to find him...

The difference is that Daniel's family moved heaven and earth trying to find him...

This is true.

This line is making me reconsider my position, too. Because these things have affected too many disappearances of wives over the years.

Life looked rosy from the outside, but police are now understood to be looking at all options, including whether marital, family or financial problems had any affect on her disappearance.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/82e66c6b32b03daabd66c6beb35bcb19

Elisa's phone could have been turned off, because she did not want to hear from her husband any more that night. Perhaps she was angry.

How often do kidnappings occur in Australia?

This is far fetched but maybe she was taken for money? Or revenge?

Might explain how DC knew she was missing?

I DONT KNOW!! :scared::gaah:

I was thinking this earlier and back pedalled. I was trying to imagine why they would only release one photo and why they would almost appear to just be going through the motions of having the husband talk etc and I thought of a hostage/ransom situation. If they have a sense of who actually has her, they may be going through the motions - but a note or a previous threat would almost certainly not be shared with the media... Someone watching the family may have known she was down there alone - it's likely the kids and husband talked about going to the GF, it's really exciting.

But then I wonder if I've watched too many movies. :blushing:

The other scenario I thought of is with the media publication of the assets of the family, they may have opened up a chance for some unsavoury to try to take advantage of the situation by calling in a false ransom. Again, probably really far fetched!

I was thinking this earlier and back pedalled. I was trying to imagine why they would only release one photo and why they would almost appear to just be going through the motions of having the husband talk etc and I thought of a hostage/ransom situation. If they have a sense of who actually has her, they may be going through the motions - but a note or a previous threat would almost certainly not be shared with the media... Someone watching the family may have known she was down there alone - it's likely the kids and husband talked about going to the GF, it's really exciting.

But then I wonder if I've watched too many movies. :blushing:

The other scenario I thought of is with the media publication of the assets of the family, they may have opened up a chance for some unsavoury to try to take advantage of the situation by calling in a false ransom. Again, probably really far fetched!

That is a lot of expensive motions to go through, if this is a known kidnapping.

Police man hours, SES man hours, aircraft, water searches, drones ...... for days on end.

I do wonder why her sibling is not talking to the media. The whole dispute about the inheritance thing when it appears there was only Elisa and her sibling in the family makes me think the dispute was between the two of them.
And as others have said the lack of photos is strange. I have no visual of what EC looks like apart from her face in close up so if I saw her at the shops etc wouldn't know if it was her - height, body shape, build etc.

That is a lot of expensive motions to go through, if this is a known kidnapping.

Police man hours, SES man hours, aircraft, water searches, drones ...... for days on end.

Yes, that bit does not make sense...the search would have cost big $$$$

Yeah, absolutely - I remember now that was part of my backpedal. Too many movies :blushing:

I'm still finding the lack of active campaigning by family and photographs just baffling.

Though they may be using other means - it's possible someone with money would hire a private investigator who they may feel will be more effective than public campaigns. And it seems her husband wasn't really a social media user, which means he may not even consider setting up a Facebook page to generate interest - I know my hubby wouldn't even know where to start. Everyone seems to have worked out privacy settings these days, too so it's possible whole campaigns are going in within her social circle that we simply won't see. And probably a good thing.

Also...she doesn't have brown eyes? They look pretty blue to me. Surely even the detectives can see that in the only photo? Why not change the description?

Weird, weird and weird!

Yeah, absolutely - I remember now that was part of my backpedal. Too many movies :blushing:

I'm still finding the lack of active campaigning by family and photographs just baffling.

Though they may be using other means - it's possible someone with money would hire a private investigator who they may feel will be more effective than public campaigns. And it seems her husband wasn't really a social media user, which means he may not even consider setting up a Facebook page to generate interest - I know my hubby wouldn't even know where to start. Everyone seems to have worked out privacy settings these days, too so it's possible whole campaigns are going in within her social circle that we simply won't see. And probably a good thing.

People who have a bit of money, or appear to have a bit of money, often do not like revealing themselves to the media. They have others do that for them.

They do not like to invite cranks, or break-and-enters. I was a bit surprised that Elisa's family home in Surrey Hills was pictured in the media, front and back. There have been many, many cases here on WS where the home of the missing person/victim is not shown at all, or very little. We have had to Google walk all around it to get the layout or positioning.

Also...she doesn't have brown eyes? They look pretty blue to me. Surely even the detectives can see that in the only photo? Why not change the description?

Weird, weird and weird!

I hope the media shows us what is being displayed at the information caravan this weekend.

I am interested to see if they have more photos, or a mannequin, or a public flyer.

It seems that, if this caravan does not yield any results, the searches are going to cease.

From tomorrow an information caravan will be set up outside the general store on the Great Ocean Road, and will be available on Saturday and Sunday from 9am until 5pm.

Inspector Peter Seel said police search crews would be withdrawn from the Surf Coast if no miraculous breakthrough is made.

“After all the areas that we want looked at again today, we will be withdrawing the ground searching,” Insp Seel said this morning.

“At this stage it’s really about supplying answers to the family, giving them some closure.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/fac6ee1b34088065d24a7a02bab138c9

Weird, weird and weird!

And if she is wearing expensive coloured contact lenses (I have a hazel-eyed friend who loves her beautiful green coloured contact lenses), a mixed colour eye description would be more appropriate.

And if she is wearing expensive coloured contact lenses (I have a hazel-eyed friend who loves her beautiful green coloured contact lenses), a mixed colour eye description would be more appropriate.

But surely the only photo they release wouldnt be one that alters her normal appearance?

Unless of course she wore coloured contacts everyday

my god sleuth... the horror.. may I ask, was it their own shower?? at their own home, or did they hire a room somewhere else? or go to someone else's place?... ( that is the only detail I want,.. )...... trusting mental health patients, .. what a fraught area , absolutely no one is a 'textbook-case'..... they write their own..

Trooper, I feel some of your comments re mental illness and suicide are a little insensitive, considering we also have members here on these threads who have lost family members and loved ones due to mental illness and suicide.

They are not matters to joke about and I feel that a little more respect should be shown in Elisa's case !!!

But surely the only photo they release wouldnt be one that alters her normal appearance?

Unless of course she wore coloured contacts everyday

My friend wears her coloured contacts every day. She cannot see well without them. They are not just for the colour, they are also to correct her vision. They go in when she gets out of bed in the morning, they come out when she goes to bed at night.

My friend wears her coloured contacts every day. She cannot see well without them. They are not just for the colour, they are also to correct her vision. They go in when she gets out of bed in the morning, they come out when she goes to bed at night.

Yes, I have worn coloured lenses in the past for vision (not everyday though as they are $$)

It's just a really important thing to have messed up or not mentioned that she sometimes wears them?

Yes, I have worn coloured lenses in the past for vision (not everyday though as they are $$)

It's just a really important thing to have messed up or not mentioned that she sometimes wears them?

I completely agree with you. I feel that there should have been two side-by-side pics of Elisa released. One with her everyday look, and one showing how she looks when she is running (hair tied back/sunnies on/whatever).

As well, I am truly surprised that the family have not cranked out missing person flyers by now (it doesn't take very long to do that), and stuck them up all over the area. It would be a useful, productive thing to do ... something the children could even be involved in, if they desired, so they could feel like they are helping their mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase