Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"told FOXNews.com that Craig Stebic voluntarily handed over the family computer to police. Authorities still have it in their possession.

"We're actively looking at all leads," Eiting said when asked if police are still searching the computer for any clues.

Craig Stebic said he filed for divorce after 14 years of marriage in January when his wife declared in October that she "didn't want to be married to me anymore," the Tribune reported. Since then, he said, they've lived separate lives in the same house and have not spoken more than five words to each other in five months.

Police were called to the Stebic house once in December during a domestic dispute, according to the Tribune.

Eiting told the paper that it was a "nonviolent domestic trouble call, so it was a verbal altercation between Lisa and her husband. No arrests, no battery."

Eiting confirmed to FOXNews.com that the Stebics were going through a divorce and said Craig Stebic was fully cooperating with the investigation.

In 1995, Craig Stebic was charged with two felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon after police stopped his vehicle about 1,000 feet south of two Lincolnshire schools at 9 in the morning, according to the Tribune.

Police found a 10-gauge double-barrel shotgun, a .44 magnum semi-automatic pistol, a Ruger Mini-14 assault rifle and an AK-47 semi-automatic assault rifle in his 1998 Toyota pickup.

He was also charged with four misdemeanor counts of unlawful use of a weapon, operating an unsafe motor vehicle and driving while his license was revoked, according to the Tribune.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270106,00.html

I deleted a comment I made about the Find Lisa website probably being set up by her friends not Craig. It turns out it was her family that did it.

A neighbor that reportedly says they see her come home between 2 and 4 p.m. said they didn't see that last week. Hubby says she went missing at 6:15. How does he know this if they aren't talking to each other?

I hope the kids tell LE plenty.

Press conference about it but CRAIG DID NOT PARTICIPATE. Why not? He's too distraught. More distraught than her own family? Give me a break. :snooty:

Press conference video here:
http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_124212449.html

It's hard not to be a skeptic when nearly all of the cases such as this turn end in the husband being charged with murder. And every time I shake my head -- why not just LEAVE instead of ruining your life, and that of your children who will be left parentless.

Some snippets from your link that piqued my interest:

Lisa M. Stebic, 37, of 13244 Red Star Drive was reported missing Tuesday by a neighbor, Deputy Police Chief Mark Eiting said.

Craig Stebic said he hasn't seen his wife since she left the house with her purse and cell phone about 6 p.m. Monday. She left on foot or was picked up because she didn't drive her car, he said.

"It's been like three days now. It's getting a little crazy," he said, his eyes red and watery. He held a crumpled tissue as he spoke.

"Somebody's got to see her somewhere," he said. "You just don't drop off the face of the earth."

One of the Stebics' neighbors, who asked to remain anonymous, said she is used to seeing Lisa come home from work each day about 2 p.m. and leave again about 4 p.m.

"This week was unusual because I didn't see her at all," she said.

==============

So, the neighbor allegedly reported Lisa missing, not her soon to be ex. hmmmm. When? Wednesday night? Thursday morning?

Yet, the (soon to be ex) husband, Craig, claims (article dated 5/3) he hadn't slept in three days? Why didn't he report his wife missing, since he was SO worried, that he couldn't sleep since Monday? I wonder. Little freudian slip there, perhaps?

Also he knows when she left the house and that she had her purse and cell phone, but can't say whether she left on foot or got picked up. hmmmm....

I'll be praying Lisa turns up safe and sound, although it doesn't sound very promising.

ETA: According to the Chicago Trib (5/4), Lisa's husband reported her missing Tuesday morning. So if true, this looks a bit better for Craig.

Plainfield Deputy Police Chief Mark Eiting said Craig Stebic reported his wife missing at 10 a.m. Tuesday. There is no evidence of foul play, he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...118761.story?coll=chi-newslocalssouthwest-hed

I think someone needs to call in the search dogs, to figure out whether Lisa left on foot or by car. Time is of essence!

Does it sound strange to anyone else that HE filed for divorce in January (he says she told him October that she didn't want to be married anymore) yet he was STILL living there? And yet, they hadn't spoken in 5 months?? How do you do that?

Does it sound strange to anyone else that HE filed for divorce in January (he says she told him October that she didn't want to be married anymore) yet he was STILL living there? And yet, they hadn't spoken in 5 months?? How do you do that?

I find a few thing strange about this case. But, not that he was still living in the family home. I know one of my former bosses is currently still living in his home with his soon to be ex-wife. They filed for divorce over a year ago. He just moved into the guest room. I also know that when I was getting divorced my lawyer 'dressed me down' for leaving the marital home. (and we just rented an apt. did not own the property)

Now I DO NOT buy that they did not speak. No way that could be the case, they have children. There would have to be some sort of communication conserning the kids.

Has anyone seen anything about LE interviewing people where she normally would work out? If she did in fact leave to go work out, did she make it there?

Also was she at work on Monday?

My gut tells me that the husband is involved, (seems to be the case most of the time in cases like this) but I would hate to see that LE focused on him, and it turns out that she hooked up with some nut job.

I also have a problem with her just leaving and not saying a word. nothing like "I am going now. The kids are blah blah blah" or "make sure homework gets done." A mother just does not leave with out saying a word about her kids.

OT-Betsy, I grew up in Barrington square in H.E. Small world

Craig Stebic said he filed for divorce after 14 years of marriage in January when his wife declared in October that she "didn't want to be married to me anymore," the Tribune reported. Since then, he said

That stuck out at me as strange. She said she didn't want to be married, so he just said ok honey and went in filed himself within a few months? I know statistically woman initiate divorce more often than men and would guess woman would also file first........ His not leaving the house would be do to "abandonment" issues with child custody.

If he was really working in the back yard, at 6:10, did anyone see him? Plainfield subdivisions, look like all the rest of recent development with most places having a decent view off all the back yards. Seems a little early to me with dinner time........

If she really left with someone to "work out" with her cell phone, and purse, the "person" who "picked her up" should appear on either the computer, home or cell phone.

Hi to all my "neighbors". I'm in the C.S area, not too far from H.E.

That stuck out at me as strange. She said she didn't want to be married, so he just said ok honey and went in filed himself within a few months? I know statistically woman initiate divorce more often than men and would guess woman would also file first........ His not leaving the house would be do to "abandonment" issues with child custody.

If he was really working in the back yard, at 6:10, did anyone see him? Plainfield subdivisions, look like all the rest of recent development with most places having a decent view off all the back yards. Seems a little early to me with dinner time........

If she really left with someone to "work out" with her cell phone, and purse, the "person" who "picked her up" should appear on either the computer, home or cell phone.

Hi to all my "neighbors". I'm in the C.S area, not too far from H.E.

Working outside at 6:10 does not strike me as strange we eat around 5-5:30 and my hubby works outside till dark almost every night. But then again my hubby does not have a normal 9-5 job. so he is home some days by noon. just depends on what job sites he has to visit that day.

OT-I am thinking I was a close neighbor of yours too! If C.S is the town I am thinking of, I just moved from there a little over a year ago. I was just down the street from S.S mall and the Kmart

Right area.... I used to work at the RL pt right around the corner.

I still love that picture.......

Search continues for Lisa Stebic

MISSING WOMAN'S FAMILY HOLDS PRESS CONFERENCE; INFORMATION REMAINS LIMITED

May 5, 2007
By BRIAN STANLEY Staff Writer

PLAINFIELD -- Mark Greenberg looked around the missing woman's neighborhood Friday afternoon.
"It's strange how everything is so normal," the Naperville man said.»

more:
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/371847,4_1_JO05_MISSING_S1.article

This article also states that Lisa was reported missing by her neighbor, not her husband. :confused:

That stuck out at me as strange. She said she didn't want to be married, so he just said ok honey and went in filed himself within a few months? I know statistically woman initiate divorce more often than men and would guess woman would also file first........ His not leaving the house would be do to "abandonment" issues with child custody. /QUOTE]

My neighbor pulled the same thing on her husband. After 3 kids (ages 4, 9, 10), she simply told her husband she did not love him and wanted a divorce. He tried to reason with her, counseling, but it did no good. He finally filed - within a few months. This is exactly why he did not leave the house. His attorney said if he did, it would be considered abandonment, i.e. child custody, so he lived in the house until the very day the divorce was final - got joint custody.

This article also states that Lisa was reported missing by her neighbor, not her husband. :confused:

Now that part sends my hinkey meter off the charts. If that is accurate, why would the neighbor make the report and not the husband? Did the neighbor do it because he was too upset? or because he acted like he did not give a chit? Was he even aware that the neighbor was going to call the police?

This woman lives in the subdivision next to mine. There are missing posters everywhere. This is such a safe area, I can't help believe that the husband did something to her. I feel for her poor kids.

This case is reminding me of Tara Grant's case where the husband said she left in a car w/ someone. Of course later LE found her torso in the garage.

Has LE obtained a search warrant for the house yet?

Has LE obtained a search warrant for the house yet?

Hi CP. I don't believe they have. He offered up the computer(s) from what I understand.

I wish the family would get a couple of search dogs over there before Lisa's scent diminishes, to try to determine IF she left by foot or in a vehicle. (That's if there are any available -- presently not tied up in the Greensburg, Kansas (tornado devastated) area.)

FNC is covering her case right now.

Does anyone know what the husband does for a living?

I still think the weirdest thing is the internet posts with her full name. It's like it was put there on purpose. Which makes me think pre-meditation.

Someone commented on another site (topix?) that they should check the father-in-law's boating business for any weird activity around the time she went missing.

I'm still hoping for the best though. (putting on my rose-colored glasses)

Does anyone know what the husband does for a living?

I still think the weirdest thing is the internet posts with her full name. It's like it was put there on purpose. Which makes me think pre-meditation.

Someone commented on another site (topix?) that they should check the father-in-law's boating business for any weird activity around the time she went missing.

I'm still hoping for the best though. (putting on my rose-colored glasses)

That is strange about those internet postings --- sounds like a great set-up for pre-meditated foul play. But, then again, maybe it was legit and led to her demise.

Saw on Fox earlier that they had search dogs out looking for her yesterday (I think). But, I'd still like to know if the dogs checked the home premises to determine how she left (by foot or vehicle).

It was mentioned that Lisa usually got home around 2 and stayed and helped the kids with homework and stuff, until the hubby came in about 6 at which time she usually left. She would normally return around 10 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa