Match! TN - Campbell Co, HispFem 2097DFSC, 35-45, Jan'97 *Ada Torres Smith*

So sorry that I haven't been on to post an update, been working overtime, and they no longer allow us on the internet during work hours. The police from Texas FINALLY called me today. They asked if she (the UID) also had a tattoo that said Delila (which she does)and they said that they are reasonably sure that it is her! They asked me for the contact info for the TN detective that I spoke to and said that they are ready to get the wheels turning to make a positive ID. This is a very puzzling case. I wondered also why Texas was working the case if she was missing from SC. I figured that whoever reported her missing lived in Texas. I haven't been able to find anything at all on Ada except for what is listed on the doe network. I wonder where she could have been between the time she went missing in June 1996(?) and when she was discovered in Jan. 1997 since it says she was killed only days before she was found. As for the dentures, I don't know why that would not be mentioned in the UID persons report. I wonder if she had been in trouble with law? THe SC Det. said that some of the tattoo's looked like "jailhouse tat's". He also told me some details that were not listed about the case, but I don't know if I should post them here. Thanks you all so much for the kind words. I am working on another missing woman that was found near the same located almost exactly a year later. The det. thinks that cases may be related.

Wow! That's great news. *Please* continue to keep us posted on developments, ok?

Hoppy

That is fantastic news teonspaleprincess! Please keep us posted with what you are able to talk about. I hope that this case is solved once and for all, and that if there is a relationship between the two that is resolved.

Lion

Thanks for keeping up with this, hopefully someone will get the answers they've been seeking about their loved one(s).

This is great news teonspaleprincess and it looks like a match. Please keep us posted. One thing I was not happy about was LE's response.

Gozgals

Wow Teon's. I just got around to this thread and I'm sure you have the right person. In a sad way, this should be good news for her family. They will know what happened to her and maybe find peace and closure.

You've made extremely proud to be a member of WS!!!

Great sleuthing Teon! Kudos for being so observant and helping this lady find her way home.

This is absolutely amazing. Kudos for your find. I have a question. I was inspired by your sleuthing and decided to do a little of my own. When you initially contacted LE, what did you tell them? Thanks.

I wish there were a specific forum under the "missing" section to make ID's on unidentified bodies.

i have some matches i would like input on, but am not sure where to post them. Maybe the mods could create a section called "Possible Matches?"

jodierenee said:
I wish there were a specific forum under the "missing" section to make ID's on unidentified bodies.

i have some matches i would like input on, but am not sure where to post them. Maybe the mods could create a section called "Possible Matches?"
That's a great idea.

Jaded said:
This is absolutely amazing. Kudos for your find. I have a question. I was inspired by your sleuthing and decided to do a little of my own. When you initially contacted LE, what did you tell them? Thanks.
When I called the Dect. in charge of the UID I just told him that I thought I might know who she is. I explained that in my spare time I try to put names to the UID and that I noticed a lot of similarities, namely the tattoos between Ada and the UID. I did the same when I called the Texas Dect. but got a lot less enthusiasm from them.

Great sleuthing Teons!It can be such a tedious job going through so many unidentified persons and makes a person feel at times like a match will never be made.Speaking for myself this gives me a renewed drive to get out there and keep looking.You are going to make a family so happy by finding this.

Thanks for being here and sharing this news with us,and keep up the great work!

teonspaleprincess...that's what I'm tawkin' 'bout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!
yes2.gif

Don't stop naggin' until someone hears you!!!!

You are making a difference!!!!!!!!

Wow, I'm so impressed with your sleuthing skills! You are truly an angel, princess! May you be greatly blessed!

Any updates on this potential match?

Waiting anxiously,

Hoppy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member