What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry. Every time I attempt to come to this thread and post a serious thought regarding what exactly is the defense's strategy, I see images of Inspector Clouseau and hear that darn pink panther theme song in my head.

I imagine JB pounding on the defense table shouting:

Mehrder??..what Mehrder?

This is a very serious matter and everyone is this reuoom is under the suspicions!

I am sorry. Every time I attempt to come to this thread and post a serious thought regarding what exactly is the defense's strategy, I see images of Inspector Clouseau and hear that darn pink panther theme song in my head.

I imagine JB pounding on the defense table shouting:

Mehrder??..what Mehrder?

This is a very serious matter and everyone is this reuoom is under the suspicions!

:great: Yes, every time I see this thread come up again - I have to hold my self back from posting something really disrespectful. :innocent:

Feel free to rip this theory apart seven ways come sundown, don't mind a bit. Wouldn't Casey's defense team be more effective in making the state prove Caylee was murdered by Casey deliberately. I know they aren't going to put her on the stand to say it was an accident but I do see many issues that the defense could use to put an accident theory into the jurors minds without putting Casey on the stand. That would meet the burden of reasonable doubt that it was a murder.

We have Casey herself admitting to detectives that her mother would never forgive her so play that up to the highest degree. The ugly coping actions may be better explained by suggesting she was trying to act as normal as possible by sticking to her regular activities so no one would suspect anything was wrong. Her pathological lying self just goes to show how she was able to lie about the things she did much easier than you'd expect.

One of the strongest points I feel that has baffled most of us is that Casey had no plan. None whatsoever. If it were a rage killing then the pc searches don't fit. As for the duct tape, RH posted on that he felt it was used to keep fluid from coming out after death so if he would be willing to buy that story it's possible the jurors would.

With all the evidence that clearly ties Casey to the crime I see no other believable alternative for the defense to present.

Yeah, it would be a valid defense strategy, and probably the best they could have if it wasn't for a few annoying elements that have a very strong probability to knock the wind out of it.

- KC herself. While they could try and claim accident, the defendants behavior just does not add up. The partying, the tatoo, the movie and bedsheet boogie with TL the night anyone last saw Caylee. Sorry but no jury and I mean NONE are going to buy into "ugly coping". Especially from someone who is already proven to be a "diabolical and pathological liar" regarding other matters. For the accident claims to work there has to be something there for the jury to empathize with and equate to. Some hint of panic and loss in KC's behavior. It is obvious to even the most casual observer that no such things existed until KC was actually arrested for murder. *The second arrest, when her bail was revoked). And the problem with your theory is that there was nothing in her behavior that could really be effectively categorized as "just acting normal". Well unless you concede that lying, fraud, theft and wild sexual freedom is business as usual for her. Which raises things to entirely another level.

- "Duct Tape" And "thrown away like trash". No matter how you slice it the jury will have trouble seeing past those deliberate acts. And once they see specific deliberate acts it is pretty much a given that they will come to the fully reasonable conclusion that it all was deliberate.

- I don't think the defendant will allow them to go to deep down this avenue as at its end any claims or arguments of accidental death still end at KC being responsible. Something that she will not permit being acknowledged. And without that all the defense has is "Well you can't prove that she was murdered", to which the state replies "No, we can't prove HOW she was murdered. But this isn't a television show. We know we have a murdered child and we can prove who the responsible party is".

and remember, there is no "Standard or Burden of reasonable doubt" it is something very subjective by design, to each and every juror. All it is is whether or not there is sufficient evidence to come to the conclusion that yes the defendant before them committed the crime for which they have been charged and tried.

I want to go back and read this thread....Ok...so I’m spinning my wheels here a little.

I am beginning to think that this is a script that JB wrote as the “Perfect Defense Play”. Orchestrated, directed and produced by JB. Especially when I see things like JB met with KC for hours while DC searched the woods, making phone calls...was he calling JB in jail and KC was telling where to look?

What if JB knew along via his client how, what, when and where Caylee died. I think he has know from very early on, and he has been planning the perfect defense - SODDI and dropped the body in the woods. He was just biding time...waiting until the right moment. Stringing this thing along....hooking DC to be his patsy and go look for the body...just for confirmation -- KC wanted to confirm it with him when he asked the judge if he and ICA could go on their little private field trip. Feeding information to the psychic via CA. All the while knowing the body was well hidden in those woods just waiting until the time was ripe and could be “discovered”. Maybe his intention was to have DC find the body, so his little Perfect Defense Play Act could begin and he could mount the perfect defense, of SODDI and placed the body there.

I have always felt a little “hink” about Kronk. Not in a bad way like he did something wrong, but more along the lines that information might have been spoon fed to him some way. Just enough to keep him looking for Caylee.

I realize we all have asked the question “Why would JB or CA want the body to be found”? To shore up the SODDI defense theory. Without a body, without a ZFG there is ONLY KC.

But alas, JB just hasn’t got the smarts enough for a master plan such as that. The State is always one step ahead of him.

I think I am going nuts with this case. I find it so very hard to believe that events have unfolded like they have. That whole DC tape thing is the one and only thing that places this case out of the norm....most murder cases don’t have the defense PI looking in the very woods where the body is eventually discovered. Not without some type of interference or manipulation.

I don't know if I believe in coincidence...if you look at something from the present to the past, coincidences can be explained. This case is so full of them. There has to be an explanation.

I want to go back and read this thread....Ok...so I’m spinning my wheels here a little.

I am beginning to think that this is a script that JB wrote as the “Perfect Defense Play”. Orchestrated, directed and produced by JB. Especially when I see things like JB met with KC for hours while DC searched the woods, making phone calls...was he calling JB in jail and KC was telling where to look?

What if JB knew along via his client how, what, when and where Caylee died. I think he has know from very early on, and he has been planning the perfect defense - SODDI and dropped the body in the woods. He was just biding time...waiting until the right moment. Stringing this thing along....hooking DC to be his patsy and go look for the body...just for confirmation -- KC wanted to confirm it with him when he asked the judge if he and ICA could go on their little private field trip. Feeding information to the psychic via CA. All the while knowing the body was well hidden in those woods just waiting until the time was ripe and could be “discovered”. Maybe his intention was to have DC find the body, so his little Perfect Defense Play Act could begin and he could mount the perfect defense, of SODDI and placed the body there.

I have always felt a little “hink” about Kronk. Not in a bad way like he did something wrong, but more along the lines that information might have been spoon fed to him some way. Just enough to keep him looking for Caylee.

I realize we all have asked the question “Why would JB or CA want the body to be found”? To shore up the SODDI defense theory. Without a body, without a ZFG there is ONLY KC.

But alas, JB just hasn’t got the smarts enough for a master plan such as that. The State is always one step ahead of him.

I think I am going nuts with this case. I find it so very hard to believe that events have unfolded like they have. That whole DC tape thing is the one and only thing that places this case out of the norm....most murder cases don’t have the defense PI looking in the very woods where the body is eventually discovered. Not without some type of interference or manipulation.

I don't know if I believe in coincidence...if you look at something from the present to the past, coincidences can be explained. This case is so full of them. There has to be an explanation.

For me the "Hink" has always been DC searching in the woods because he "knew" the body was there, or that CA sent him. I believe neither and have seen nothing to substantiate it. We have heard CA say "my people have searched the woods and there is nothing there". I don't believe for one new york minute that CA sent him there. I think she was doing her usual mouthing off trying to sound like she was in charge and in control.

If you read the DC emails with the "fortune tellers" he was playing with, CA really didn't enter into the nonsense they were telling themselves with their boy detective games. I think one of them looked at a google map, saw how close the woods were to the Anthony house, made up some nonsense and said DC - go and look there. There was a group of people around the Anthony's constantly feeding information to CA telling her Caylee was sighted here, there, in this country, or in this state. She was not in control of that whole situation at all.

Nothing else makes any sense. Baez didn't have his teary scene until the evening the child's remains had been found and he finally knew for sure his client had been lying to him.

All IMO of course. :truce:

Seriously!! I wouldn't let some people defend my dog!!

IMHO the Defense Strategy is all about the ability for ICA to have a fair trial, according to the Defense opinion. It is all about indigency and privacy and a do-over.

The Defense filed for indigency for ICA for more than money reasons, they are playing the 'limitations' to the fullest and either seeking to get an appeal(s) or seek a mistrial (or two).

Also, the Defense plays heavily on ICA's privacy (or lack of) in the media, blogs, public attention, etc. JB focuses on pointing out how the media cover ICA in the motion hearings and zoom in to photo her scribblings.

You can read JB from what he focuses on and emphasizes to see what he is going after. It is all about indigency limiting the ability of the Defense to fully investigate and provide ICA a fair trial together with un-cooperative witnesses who won't come forward because of the notoriety of the case.

JB knows that while he can attack the evidence that game is basically already lost so he needs to pursue other 'tactics' to trap the courts/legal system and set a perception that ICA was treated unfairly and, as such, did not get a fair trial.

Buy time. Spend a few years doing it right this time (according to the Defense) and, hope for a different outcome after a lot of time has passed and people have moved on.

Could very well be, Cyberborg. But like HHJP has said regarding the jury: The courts have held that they don't expect jurors to be deaf, dumb and blind. They just have to honestly answer if they can disregard what they know about the case and weigh the evidence.

Just because KC is indigent, doesn't mean she won't get a fair trial even if she can't pay high powered, hired guns to testify on her behalf at trial. Just kind of a bad roll of the dice. Uh-oh, so sorry you killed your daughter and you aren't rich and powerful. So what. Most child murders are not, and they still have a fair trial, and they still get convicted, and they still sit on death row. Day, after day, after day, after day, after day.............

What is the defense strategy?

Keeping us all guessing until the last possible moment and then going with I was abducted by aliens and couldn't remember anything...for 31 days and then the dingo, oops! I mean alien stole my baby.

Marvin E. Schechter, Esq. New York, NY

http://www.law.suffolk.edu/academic/als/coursedetail.cfm?cid=669

Attend and Learn:

Why traditional forensic evidence is not as reliable as the courts have thought

Why common forensic areas such as fingerprints and ballistics are subject to scientific challenge, despite the role of legal precedent

Why an expert opinion may not be scientifically sound or reliable

What needs to be done to ensure that whatever field of forensic expertise is being offered meets a standard of scientific reliability

I see that Marvin Schechter is friendly with Linda Kenny Baden and Larry Koblinsky. (pg 2)

http://www.nysba.org/AM/Template.cfm...entDisplay.cfm

I have tried to find a viable defense and have come to the conclusion that there simply isn't one. How can you defend the indefensible? With the addition to the witness list of the NY attorney, I think IF they call him to the stand, and I do think that is a big IF, they will utilize his testimony for two things. First, to argue that there is no way for them to give KC a proper defense on indigent funds, and second to argue the DNA. Both will fall flat, IMO, but it is all they have. 31 days, partys, stealing, tattoo. JB has no way to explain these things away. None. I was thinking about my Mother the other day. She is not doing well and we know that her time will soon come to an end. I have been trying to prepare myself for this loss. I lost my father last January and handled it better than I ever thought I would. I have always been a "Daddy's Girl" and told myself and everyone else for years that losing my Daddy was something I just didn't think I could bare. When the time came, I held his hand while he passed peacefully, shed a few quiet tears, and stood there strong. I looked at my family and knew I had to be strong for all of them. My dad would have wanted it that way. I have had my moments of sad thoughts and tears over the past year, but I handled the loss quite well because I had prepared myself for it. I knew it was coming and I told myself to get ready and to be strong when it happened. And I did just that. Now, I share that with you to say this: I firmly believe with all of my heart that KC had been prepared to get rid of Caylee for some time. She may not have necessarily had a time in mind, or a plan of how or when, but she knew she was going to do it at some point. She had prepared herself, much as I had. Many people don't understand how any mother could kill her baby, put her in a trunk, and then go rent videos. I don't understand how a mother could harm her child, but as to KC's actions afterward, I believe she was so prepared mentally to do it at some point, that when she actually did do it, she was a bit relieved, even slightly giddy. Forgive me for going on. This is all my opinion.

Marvin E. Schechter, Esq. New York, NY

http://www.law.suffolk.edu/academic/als/coursedetail.cfm?cid=669

I see that Marvin Schechter is friendly with Linda Kenny Baden and Larry Koblinsky. (pg 2)

http://www.nysba.org/AM/Template.cfm...entDisplay.cfm

So let me see if I have this straight? This person they want to add to the witness list is not himself an expert witness, but rather is an expert lawyer who specializes in things dealing with expert witnesses testifying at trial?

Oh wow, I can see JA's motion to strike just writing itself...

I mean really, isn't one of the requirements for an expert witness that they have to be able to offer testimony as to the facts or the evidence of the case, and not simply opinions on the law itself? Or am I misunderstanding something here? Would we normally not expect to see that if they wanted to bring someone like this into a trial they would bring him onto the defense team to make an argument as a lawyer, rather than putting him on the stand as a witness?

7 new witnesses added to Defense Witness list...
Did I read correctly they have listed reporter kathi Belich as a Defense Witness?
And what is NY lawyer Marvin Schecter's relationship to this case?

I Bumped the Defense Witness List Thread

Here is the actual list, thanks to Muzikman & ThinkTank :loveyou: :blowkiss: :hug:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7DjeAMt_BpIOWQ4M2E3MDEtYzhkNi00N2ZjLTliZDUtNzdkNDczMzcxMjA5&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7DjeAMt_BpIYWNiNjhjYTctNDlkYy00ZWE5LWJmZTgtMTQ1YTRiNDU3YTUz&hl=en

The strategy currently IMO, dazzle them with dumbness at the convention.
Lure unsuspecting expert witnesses that have no clue about Casey to form a defense friendly opinion, and lie lie lie, deny deny deny.

That fits CA to a "T" as well!
Well, my last name isn't Freud, but I have some thoughts. Who is the main user of a red pen? A TEACHER, someone who "teaches you a lesson". And, what does a teacher do with the red pen? He/She makes CORRECTIONS, by "correcting the mistakes made". So, possibly, on a subliminal level, KC was teaching CA a lesson by correcting the "mistake" that she had made, and what better way to memorialize it than with a red pen. Also, a teacher is in CONTROL of a classroom. ~snipped for space

Who is the "controller' in the A family?

ThinkTank;6103056]
The Diary was turned over to LE, by Conway, on Feb 12, 2010.
[/quote]

What took LE so long to take a closer look at this diary? Why did CA feel the need to give it to Brad anyway after all the hiding she did? (she could have just given him the dogs diary!)
Thanks for adding that Chefmom - I just looked through my desk drawer and found four or five different pens that I used for several projects two or three years ago - and yes, they are dried up. And I'm pretty picky about my pens so I doubt ICA is using a "better" one. Wonder if George has a penchant for red pens? Or Cindy at work?It's hard to know if this was a ball point red pen, or one of the uni-roll pens that seem to be a cross between a ball point and a small point"marker". A marker sure wouldn't last that long - I doubt a ball point would either, but don't know for sure - none of my pens last that long - mainly because I rarely write anything anymore, except for a signature. :waitasec:

A jury of 12 not knowing KC, GA or CA, and who will speak? GA and CA!
Will the jury hear KC's voice at all?
IMO the defense strategy will be reasonable doubt.
AND they will point at the grandparents. Neither specifically but, both had opportunity and means, but motive? hmmmm... Well they may not do well there, but once the jury gets a taste of how nasty both can be when forced to answer questions... I dunno...

I could easily see JB (or whomever) saying, she left Caylee with her parents, They admitted Caylee never spent one night away from their home, so KC could not have had Caylee with her. CA was trying to take Caylee away so KC let her have the child... went and partied her rear off, it was CA of GA trying to teach KC "the lesson" and there was an accident blah blah blah,

The computer searches... (has it be proven it was not another Anthony family member?)
We have them bringing home the Pontaic AND cleaning it. NOT calling 911 for how many days? do we know exactly?... per CA "There was no ODOR!" GA didn't agree did he?
911 had been called to the home before...(do we know who made those calls??)
CA went to the police office with KC but. they were closed... would she have told them then about Caylee? Why did CA wait till the thrid call to mention a dead body?
All the evidence leads back to the home...(where all 3 live)
CA kicked TES out... not KC
CA wouldn't give items of Caylee's to the searchers for a scent...
CA talked of suicide GA even wrote out a suicide note. (will the jury even hear this? or has it been tabeled?)
CA and GA let the "killer" of their grandchild live with them when she was out on bail? proves they were not scared of KC!
In a backwards way, is it possible for that poor jury to become so confused by the testimony of Ca and GA they could be pushed into believing CA/GA have never tried to cover anything up for KC but only tried to protect themselves?
Any normal person would never understand why CA waited so long to call
or most of what we know she has done... question is... how much will the jury be told, and is there enough proof it could not have been one or both or all 3 of them in on the cover up? :banghead:
Inded CA and KC are "crafty" and I pray JB is long gone before that trial starts or KC may get off completely because of inadequate representation... STILL not convinced that isn't JB's plan.

:twocents:... but this has been going through my mind OVER and OVER!
SOMEONE please set me straight!
I am skeered she will get a not guilty!
I have followed this since July 08, but dang it is confusing!

Have faith in the jury gingr snap. Remember how shocking it was to hear abut the 31 days, the 911 call etc? They're going to be getting shocked all day, every day for 2 months. It's unreasonable to even have a doubt IMO.

Hopefully this is worthy of the strategy thread.

There was a tiny little snippet near the end of a WESH article today.

Here's the link: http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26957536/detail.html

and here's the quote:

Also Tuesday, the defense filed a motion asking for funding for a mental health expert to assist in exploring mitigating factors.

This struck me as very interesting, though there was no other news about it that I could find. A mental health expert . . .? My mind goes in all kinds of directions with that. I assume it's for the penalty phase. Of course, the FIRST thing I thought of was an insanity plea, but that can't/won't happen.

and here's the quote:

This struck me as very interesting, though there was no other news about it that I could find. A mental health expert . . .? My mind goes in all kinds of directions with that. I assume it's for the penalty phase. Of course, the FIRST thing I thought of was an insanity plea, but that can't/won't happen.

It was in the news thread but only as an update to the murder docket. I was hoping we would see it today. We're thinking AF wrote it as it does seem to be for mitigation...I really want to see what it says.

and here's the quote:

Mental health experts can testify about any number of issues.....my assumption is that it would not be related to insanity........but more to Anthsanity.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members