Burlap and Forensics

For all we know, two bags were used...one for the top and on to cover the bottom half of the woman. Then just tie then closed with something like rope. But, bolts of burlap seems more likely or more practical.

Burlap - whenever we plant trees, the root balls are contained in a burlap sack that must first be removed. And it's a sack, not a flat section.

There are burlap bags at the feed store that feed is stored/sold in. I've also seen farm workers pick crops like corn and put the ears (or whatever it is) in burlap bags.

Welcome to WS, themare!

The burlap sack that I have has a coffee co. stamp on it. I sure wish we knew if the GB4 were wrapped in burlap sheets on in sacks. There has been confusion from the conflicting news reports about this and no confirmation one way or the other by LE.
MOO

wm:)

WM, you are so kind to always welcome people. Thank you.

Susan

Tree of LIfe web project
Bugs, Bodies, and Crime Scene Investigation
Michelle Gamber
http://tolweb.org/treehouses/?treehouse_id=4197

"Due to the varied ways in which death takes place, victims may not be discovered for days, weeks, or even months. This is where forensic entomology can provide the most accurate, and frequently the only method of determining time since death when several days have elapsed. Forensic entomology can also be used to determine whether the body has been moved from one site to another, whether the body has been disturbed after death, the position of a body when death took place, and the presence of wounds. However, forensic entomology is primarily used to determine time since death; therefore this treehouse will revolve around this area."

So, I was at a carnival today and let me tell you those slides that use the burlap's, well its heavy!
It was tall enough for me and I am tall but, man I was surprised how heavy it was.

The burlap sacks to me hint to someone who is not a seasonal visitor, but rather someone who lives there year-round. He has a garage or a shed of some sort where he keeps these things. Burlap sacks are not something ubiquitous that you would find in a home. They are something that a man at least, would keep in a place where he stores his gardening stuff and tools. Unlike trash bags, burlap bags would be thick, heavy, and bulky. This man lives in an actual home, not an apartment.

The burlap sacks to me hint to someone who is not a seasonal visitor, but rather someone who lives there year-round. He has a garage or a shed of some sort where he keeps these things. Burlap sacks are not something ubiquitous that you would find in a home. They are something that a man at least, would keep in a place where he stores his gardening stuff and tools. Unlike trash bags, burlap bags would be thick, heavy, and bulky. This man lives in an actual home, not an apartment.

He could live in a tent. They are not going to get him. Women have been found in bags,bins, suitcases,on the brush, behind the brush, here and there. Wheres the arrest?

I'm going to throw this out there again. Bazaars come around in the summer time. They are all over Long Island. What do the kids sit on when they go down that big slide?

Just a theory to look into the companies that run these.

I'm going to throw this out there again. Bazaars come around in the summer time. They are all over Long Island. What do the kids sit on when they go down that big slide?

Just a theory to look into the companies that run these.

Do you have any idea where they stay when they are in town?

I actually knew a few carnies as a teenager (what can I say, I was minimally supervised). They were really very close to being part of the underclass. They sometimes had a car, but it was usually quite crappy. They absolutely were not "charming" or "smooth" with women. They generally had a scruffy appearance and liked to smoke pot and drink beer on their off time (and sometimes on their on time). I am just not seeing someone who travels with the carnival and someone who could pull off being a serial killer. I am not seeing someone from that group talking the women into leaving their cell phones. I see a man who is not part of a "group" like carnies would be.

I think we are beating a dead horse discussing the burlap. This was discussed a great deal in the past. It turns out burlap is used ALOT for many different things. As far as it being a significant clue--starting with the fact that burlap sacks were stored in an unlocked structure at the entrance gate by the Oak Beach Association, everyone in Oak Beach had access to them. http://oakbeachcivicassociation.com/kids

I dont think they were in bags. Some of the youtube videos shows the arms of the victims extended out. Dormer said the killer threw the remains over the brush. If thats true then they were probably loosely wrapped which would explain why their arms were extended on either side. It also looked like the ankles were crossed in one of the videos.

I have heard both - that they were in bags and that they were wrapped in burlap sheeting. I do not see man from Manhattan, say, as having easy access to either thing. Whether bags or sheeting, neither would seem to me like something a person would store in their house. That would be something in a garage or shed or something. If this guy is a seasonal visitor, then he probably owns a place there, and does not rent.

I dont think they were in bags. Some of the youtube videos shows the arms of the victims extended out. Dormer said the killer threw the remains over the brush. If thats true then they were probably loosely wrapped which would explain why their arms were extended on either side. It also looked like the ankles were crossed in one of the videos.

if u slice a bag down the side and bottom, u have a wrap....

I think we are beating a dead horse discussing the burlap. This was discussed a great deal in the past. It turns out burlap is used ALOT for many different things. As far as it being a significant clue--starting with the fact that burlap sacks were stored in an unlocked structure at the entrance gate by the Oak Beach Association, everyone in Oak Beach had access to them. http://oakbeachcivicassociation.com/kids

I believe you are confusing the Oak Island Beach Assc.(gated community)with the Oak Beach Civic assc.

At the 56 second mark of the AE documentary it shows what appears to be officers pulling out a green to blueish burlap sack from the sand. If this is the case I am confused because I was under the impression that the GB4 were in the brush and not buried in sand. Anyone else catch this?

At the 56 second mark of the AE documentary it shows what appears to be officers pulling out a green to blueish burlap sack from the sand. If this is the case I am confused because I was under the impression that the GB4 were in the brush and not buried in sand. Anyone else catch this?

I was under that impression too. This article from 2011 contains this line:
Initially, police said there could be as many as three killers behind the bodies, all using the brush along the parkway as a dumping ground.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gilgo-Beach-Serial-Killer-Investigation-Theory-Changes-Shannan-Gilbert-134724808.html

I've also seen in other articles mentions of the brush. I've never seen anything that mentions burial in the sand. Maybe I've missed something?

I was always under the impression the were found in brush. It may be nothing as they may have used video not exactly from the case or it may not even be burlap. However, it does open the possibility to more than just the GB4 being in burlap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back