*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That phone call had to be a ruse. I'm like 99.9% sure nobody was calling this guy's *advertiser censored*. Ever. Except maybe his mom once in a while.

I don't know if he was failing- but he wasn't doing well:

A poor last semester
The Washington Post reported that a neuroscience faculty member at Colorado who said he taught Holmes said he immediately thought of Holmes when he heard that a student was accused of the shooting. The faculty member said Holmes was “very quiet, strangely quiet in class” and seemed “socially off.”
Holmes did very poorly on his comprehensive exams last semester, the instructor told the Post, and the school was considering placing him on academic probation, but was not considering expulsion.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ping-out-of-neuroscience-graduate-school?lite

Just wondering again... if they are not considering of an expulsion then why his access to the facililities was terminated and his entry cards are confiscated?

Authorities are still piecing together how the young man from San Diego went from the study of human genes to suspected mass murderer.
He was in the process of dropping out of the neuroscience department, according to the University of Colorado, where he enrolled last June as a graduate student.
"He was in some of the research towers," said Dan Meyers, communications director for the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Holmes was not in the medical school, but worked in research facilities on the campus.
Meyers would not say if any particular event led to Holmes' withdrawal. He said Holmes "voluntarily left that program in June 2012. He was in the process of completing withdrawal."
He said Holmes' access to the facilities was terminated and his entry cards were confiscated.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-20/colorado-shooting-holmes/56373668/1

Just wondering again... if they are not considering of an expulsion then why his access to the facililities was terminated and his entry cards are confiscated?

Because he left the program so there was no reason for him to be there?

Authorities are still piecing together how the young man from San Diego went from the study of human genes to suspected mass murderer.
He was in the process of dropping out of the neuroscience department, according to the University of Colorado, where he enrolled last June as a graduate student.
"He was in some of the research towers," said Dan Meyers, communications director for the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Holmes was not in the medical school, but worked in research facilities on the campus.
Meyers would not say if any particular event led to Holmes' withdrawal. He said Holmes "voluntarily left that program in June 2012. He was in the process of completing withdrawal."
He said Holmes' access to the facilities was terminated and his entry cards were confiscated.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-20/colorado-shooting-holmes/56373668/1

You need to have special access for the research towers I think, since he was withdrawing he would have to turn those in.

You need to have special access for the research towers I think, since he was withdrawing he would have to turn those in.

i understand that but i dont know for some reasons, i have a feeling that something related to his studies changed him... he is doing poor on his school, they will just place him on academic probation and not expulsion so why would he quit? or even withdraw? ..and then confiscated his access cards.

i understand that but i dont know for some reasons, i have a feeling that something related to his studies changed him... he is doing poor on his school, they will just place him on academic probation and not expulsion so why would he quit? or even withdraw? ..and then confiscated his access cards.

Once you quit the program, the access cars would be terminated.
Because there is no reason for him to be there.
That's normal procedure, there is no conspiracy here.

Once you quit the program, the access cars would be terminated.
Because there is no reason for him to be there.
That's normal procedure, there is no conspiracy here.

I dont think you are fully understanding where i am coming from..

but let me state again where my confusion is coming from..
He just started last JUNE... that is last month...and now it is only July.
His scores are poor, he was still in the process of dropping out, his access cards are already terminated....in less than a month of a PHd program, he quit on June?..

There is something wrong with this and if you dont get it, i dont know...

In the process of Dropping out a PHd he just started last month! , In less than a month you get academinic probation ?

I'm not really sure how it works but it could be possible-especially for a graduate student.

I believe he had been there since June 2011. I will look for a link.

Thank you at least you can understand what i think, and if it is June 2011 then it should be ok but if it is just last June 2012 then we have some problem here...

February -- he started in June 2011. It is now July 2012 -- 13 months later.

What makes you think this Benny08 ?

Benny08
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2008

That phone call had to be a ruse. I'm like 99.9% sure nobody was calling this guy's *advertiser censored*. Ever. Except maybe his mom once in a while.

What was the pupose of it as a ruse?

February -- he started in June 2011. It is now July 2012 -- 13 months later.
Thank you
i just got the link too

The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus can confirm that Mr. James Holmes was in the process of withdrawing from the University of Colorado Denver's graduate program in neurosciences," the university statement said. "Mr. Holmes enrolled at the university in June 2011."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ping-out-of-neuroscience-graduate-school?lite

That other link made it appear that he just enrolled it last June by mentioning the word "last"

I dont think you are fully understanding where i am coming from..

but let me state again where my confusion is coming from..
He just started last JUNE... that is last month...and now it is only July.
His scores are poor, he was still in the process of dropping out, his access cards are already terminated....in less than a month of a PHd program, he quit on June?..

There is something wrong with this and if you dont get it, i dont know...
He didn't start last month. He started last year.

Msnbc front page confirms Alex Sullivan's death. If someone could post the link, please.
God help his family during this time. May Alex RIP.

Ok got it. June 2011

Is it normal for that particular school that a student that is still in a process of dropping out will have access cards terminated?

I don't know if he was failing- but he wasn't doing well:

A poor last semester
The Washington Post reported that a neuroscience faculty member at Colorado who said he taught Holmes said he immediately thought of Holmes when he heard that a student was accused of the shooting. The faculty member said Holmes was “very quiet, strangely quiet in class” and seemed “socially off.”
Holmes did very poorly on his comprehensive exams last semester, the instructor told the Post, and the school was considering placing him on academic probation, but was not considering expulsion.

Maybe he was busy planning this instead of studying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa