*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was he arrested in the nude. Just a pile of clothing and whatnot laying out there on the ground .

Ok got it. June 2011

Is it normal for that particular school that a student that is still in a process of dropping out will have access cards terminated?

I think that could be part of the process.

DevilsPlayThing, what in the world made you think that? He was fully closed with gas mask on.

Msnbc front page confirms Alex Sullivan's death. If someone could post the link, please.
God help his family during this time. May Alex RIP.

Cherie, I think the link was posted earlier in this thread.

What makes you think this Benny08 ?

Benny08
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2008

What was the pupose of it as a ruse?

The reason he would do that is so it looks like he has a phone call and he went outside to take it. But instead of taking a phone call he's gearing up for his shooting spree.

Looks as if all he was wearing is laying on the ground by the car. Shoes and all.

Attachments

• DarkKnight.PNG
    DarkKnight.PNG
    479.2 KB · Views: 52
I am not a psychologist and I don't even play one on TV, but IMO there was something that traumatized him that precipitated this event.

Someone doesn't just go from honors high school student in the prestigious Poway School District to high academic honors at UC Riverside to a successful first year of doctoral studies to...rapidly deteriorating grades in the second year and now this.

Unless much more is revealed about him having an unstable background throughout those not-insignificant academic accomplishments, my theory is that something traumatized him so much that he gave up his studies and then did this.

As a news and true-crime junkie for most of my life, I cannot bring to mind any other mass shooter that might have had equal academic accomplishments, except maybe the one at Virginia Tech, but this far out from that event we were already hearing about his previous weird behavior.

I haven't seen any similar stories about Holmes, at least not yet.

What makes you think this Benny08 ?

Benny08
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2008

What was the pupose of it as a ruse?

You didn't ask me, but he acted like he got a call so he could walk outside the exit door to get his gear on and. Come back in shooting. His car was right outside that door. (please excuse typos...on iPad)

The reason he would do that is so it looks like he has a phone call and he went outside to take it. But instead of taking a phone call he's gearing up for his shooting spree.

I understand your point, but who in this day and age bothers to go outside to take a phone call at a movie theater (or for the most part anywhere else)?

Yeah that phone call bothers me too.....

Could have been no one on the other end but it's just that little doubt in my head that worries......

Let me run an idea about that phone call past you...

He left his apartment rigged (apparently with explosives) with loud music playing. Downstairs neighbor claims it started around midnight. Neighbor went upstairs, called out, wiggled the door, by some reports turned the doorknob, but did not enter (luckily.)

The assumption is that the music was a setup to get law enforcement over there to make entry and set off the bombs, either to increase his total kill count or to serve as a distraction from the theater - or both.

The problem with this plan is that he has no way of knowing how long it will take for someone to address the loud music. Depending on how quickly the neighbors call and how rapidly the officers respond, it could take five minutes or five hours.

What if he had something set up to automatically call him when the door was opened? If the neighbor did turn the knob (or even just rattle the knob) that might have been enough to trip a sensor which would then call (or text) him - which means he would have thought that the apartment had blown up. If that's the case, he probably thought he had plenty of time to go outside and reload (or escape) before any police arrived at the theater.

I am not a psychologist and I don't even play one on TV, but IMO there was something that traumatized him that precipitated this event.

Someone doesn't just go from honors high school student in the prestigious Poway School District to high academic honors at UC Riverside to a successful first year of doctoral studies to...rapidly deteriorating grades in the second year and now this.

Unless much more is revealed about him having an unstable background throughout those not-insignificant academic accomplishments, my theory is that something traumatized him so much that he gave up his studies and then did this.

As a news and true-crime junkie for most of my life, I cannot bring to mind any other mass shooter that might have had equal academic accomplishments, except maybe the one at Virginia Tech, but this far out from that event we were already hearing about his previous weird behavior.

I haven't seen any similar stories about Holmes, at least not yet.

I agree with you.
I dont know if he is also suffering from Depression and trying to live up to a higher expectations of his father.

His father graduated from a very good schools University of California, Berkeley, Stanford University and UCLA. Got a good job at FICO. Mother is getting paid well...maybe the younger sister could be doing better than him too.

Or depression from a woman?

I think we will be able to come up with more 'maybe' later once we know him better...

I understand your point, but who in this day and age bothers to go outside to take a phone call at a movie theater (or for the most part anywhere else)?

I would if it was someone i really cared about, like my mom or someone calling me at 12:30 in the morning. Plus I think it just looks less suspicious than randomly getting up and walking out the back door.

I believe Unabomber was remarkably bright. Of course he was a bomber and not a mass shooter. But being bright doesn't mean anything in terms of criminal behavior.

Having the hallmarks of an ISLAMIC terrorist attack does not mean it is not a terrorist attack. Everyone calls Oklahoma City a terrorist attack, even though only two American citizens were involved.

That is because OKC was a terrorist attack, it was meant to spread fear, panic and terror among the public and influence the government wrt right wing demands and other things like Waco etc. OKC was clearly a politically motivated attack, this attack doesnt seem to have any political or social aims other than to serve as a release valve for a possibly mentally ill young man to likely express his rage and anger.

All my opinion of course, I welcome those who agree or disagree to share theirs.

I would LOVE to have something to blame this on, point fingers at and help make sense of this senseless and cowardly act but I am afraid it is not going to be that easy. But perhaps as the days pass more information will come to light that shows those of you who believe that this is a terrorist attack were right all along, it wont be the first time I am wrong nor the last.

I realize I am a nobody around here like anyone else who posts on forums like this but I can tell you there is very, very, very slim chance that this was a terrorist attack, the hallmarks and signatures of Islamic Terrorism are not in evidence and it is of great importance that some group or groups stand up and take responsibility for this. All we have here is some kid, perhaps mentally ill, who has experienced some sort of trigger that set this rage that has been building in him off. That is all we have here, IF there were any chance at all that this was a terrorist attack the FEDS would be taking full advantage of that and screaming it from the rooftops.

You realize that Islamic terrorism is not the only terrorism....right?

If it comes back that this sicko had some political agenda, he is a terrorist. However, he will never be called it because he's white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz